Windows 10: need new app for MS store

Discus and support need new app for MS store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When log unto Windows 10 PC , I get a pop-up saying need a new app to open MS store.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DianeGman, Jun 15, 2020.

1. DianeGman Win User

need new app for MS store

When log unto Windows 10 PC , I get a pop-up saying need a new app to open MS store.

:)

DianeGman, Jun 15, 2020

2. Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Error message 'you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store'

Hi Adam,

A possible factor why you're having this issue is due to a corrupted app file. To better isolate your concern, Answer the following questions below:

• Did you get any error messages when you're trying to open Windows Store apps?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:
    How to re-register Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 / 8.
    It will provide steps in re-registering Windows Store Apps.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 15, 2020
  4. need new app for MS store

Windows 10 Store not opening saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues with the Windows Store and it won’t open and getting error message saying that

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store".

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Reset the Windows store

I would suggest you reset the Windows app store and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type, "WSReset.exe" and hit enter.
    Method 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Also refer the link on You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store replied by
    sreesiv on August 8 2015,

You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

need new app for MS store

1. need new app for MS store - Similar Threads - need app store

2. you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link: settings won't open and i'm trying to open minecraft on a school computer but the microsoft store is missing and win + r and win + x works but if i try to type anything in there it just says access denied. windows powershell admin doesn't open cause i don't have an admin...
  3. you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link: settings won't open and i'm trying to open minecraft on a school computer but the microsoft store is missing and win + r and win + x works but if i try to type anything in there it just says access denied. windows powershell admin doesn't open cause i don't have an admin...
  4. "You will need a New app to open ms windows store"

"You will need a New app to open ms windows store": I am trying to install lenovo vantage and ms store doesn't open and it just shows this message "you will need a New app to open ms windows store " I tried solutions here https://windowsreport.com/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms/#4But it didn't work for meMay you help me...
  5. You'll need a new app to open the ms window store

You'll need a new app to open the ms window store: Window store permanently delete from my laptop window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-the-ms-window-store/da9e4ace-f051-45d2-a4d0-c3ef2f4b1e93
  6. You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store: Microsoft Store Error in Windows 10: You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms-windows-store/a610a540-ddda-4a35-bd90-c9a76cfc62e8
  7. You'll need a new app to run the ms-windows-store link

You'll need a new app to run the ms-windows-store link: I don't know what happened but i don't even know when it happened but my microsoft store is gone, just completely dissipated no trace its done. Don't reply with the same old solutions i've tried every solution with windows powershell, I've reset my entire pc cleaned the...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link: Hello, I'm having an issue where the Microsoft store won't open. I tried wsreset, installing via powershell keeps returning errors, tried the troubleshooter says windows store cache my be damaged and the way to fix it is via wsreset. I need help with this as I just...
  9. You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store error!

You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store error!: I tried everything to try and get Microsoft store working again. I used WSrest to try and reset it. Didn't work. I try to reinstall many times with powershell. It didn't work. This is the event error. Log Name: Application Source:...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows store: I don't know what happen. I do not have a Microsoft store anymore. It givens me that error at top. This computer stopped a while back and I recovered it to factory settings. Ever since than all my pictures that popped up are gone and everything says I need an app....