Windows 10: Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay

Discus and support Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I encountered a problem when press win+G, attempting to do screen recordings A window poped up saying that new applications is needed to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Knk, Feb 23, 2021.

1. KNK
    Knk Win User

Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay

Hello, I encountered a problem when press win+G, attempting to do screen recordings
    A window poped up saying that new applications is needed to open this ms-gamingoverlay.
    And it seems that I cannot install the Xbox gaming overlay through powershell, the package just seems not to be there

Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay [​IMG]

Well, is there any solutions that I can have an overlay and related modules installed in my computer?

Windos version: Win10 Enterprise LTSC 1809, 17763.316

(btw this is my first post, sorry if I violate some rules)

:)

2. MS-GAMINGOVERLAY

MY WIN 10 KEEPS ASKING ME YOULL NEED A NEW APP TO OPEN THIS MS-GAMINGOVERLAY

danielfraser1, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Gamebar does not open, opens an app selection window instead, saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay" on Windows 1803

masterchief1167,

New development, I'd like for you to check your regedit and go into HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT then go to ms-gamingoverlay.

What do you see?

The entries on the right are as follows:

Name: (Default)

Type: REG_SZ

Data: URL:ms-gamingoverlay

Name: URL Protocol

Type: REG_SZ

Data: This value is left blank.

I'd like for you to send me an image through Imgur or another provider and send me the URL. Keep me posted.

Ethan B., Feb 23, 2021
  4. Vedentine Win User

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay" [SOLVED]

Hi I'm having an issue with Windows game bar. Whenever I press Win+G to screen record, I get a pop-up telling me, "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay." Not only this, but when I open up apps and google as well, I still receive the same pop-up.
    Sure I can turn off the game bar in my settings and I won't get the pop-up anymore, but I want to be able to use the game bar feature. I've read other forums similar to my own, but none have been able to solve my issue yet. Please help me with this issue,
    thanks!

Update: I found a solution! For those of you having my same issue, watch this

Vedentine, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay - Similar Threads - Need applications open

2. At Game startup: 'You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link' with clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At Game startup: 'You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link' with clean...: Dear Microsoft Support Team, dear community,I recently did a clean installation of Win11 on my PC. I went with the N version, so no unnecessary Apps from Microsoft.The issue I have is, once I start a game from Steam, a Popup appears:I already did some Online Research and...
  3. At Game startup: 'You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link' with clean...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    At Game startup: 'You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link' with clean...: Dear Microsoft Support Team, dear community,I recently did a clean installation of Win11 on my PC. I went with the N version, so no unnecessary Apps from Microsoft.The issue I have is, once I start a game from Steam, a Popup appears:I already did some Online Research and...
  4. ms-gamingoverlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-gamingoverlay: Quand j'exécute WIN + G sa me met sa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-gamingoverlay/ed87dac2-ff1b-46e3-8e78-681f1bc4fb0b
  5. ms-gamingoverlay

ms-gamingoverlay: Quand j'exécute WIN + G sa me met sa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-gamingoverlay/ed87dac2-ff1b-46e3-8e78-681f1bc4fb0b
  6. ms-gamingoverlay link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-gamingoverlay link: Every time i start my game i get this pop up, i turned off xbox notifications and deleted xbox but still appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-gamingoverlay-link/ed9cc512-eade-4b65-8cf3-bcaec78ec8dc
  7. ms-gamingoverlay link

ms-gamingoverlay link: Every time i start my game i get this pop up, i turned off xbox notifications and deleted xbox but still appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-gamingoverlay-link/ed9cc512-eade-4b65-8cf3-bcaec78ec8dc
  8. Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay

in Windows 10 Support
    Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay: Hello, I encountered a problem when press win+G, attempting to do screen recordings A window poped up saying that new applications is needed to open this ms-gamingoverlay. And it seems that I cannot install the Xbox gaming overlay through powershell, the package just seems...
  9. What is ms-gamingoverlay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is ms-gamingoverlay?: I am not a gamer. I play not much, and when I play something, it's only some simulation games (I do not like killing, not even virtual killing *Wink). Past few years, only games I have played are Tropico 5 and 6, Sim City, Cities - Skylines, RollerCoaster Tycoon, and Cities...
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay": Hi I'm having an issue with Windows game bar. Whenever I press Win+G to screen record, I get a pop-up telling me, "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay." Not only this, but when I open up apps and google as well, I still receive the same pop-up. Sure I can turn...