Windows 10: NEED NEW CAPTURE FOLDER FOR XBOX DVR

Discus and support NEED NEW CAPTURE FOLDER FOR XBOX DVR in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I RECENTLY GOT A UPDATE THAT MESSED UP MY CAPTURE SETTINGS I USE THE XBOX GAME BAR BUT IT STARTED NOT WORKING WITH GAMES IT USE TO AND NOW WONT RECORD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brettstearns, Jun 4, 2020.

1. NEED NEW CAPTURE FOLDER FOR XBOX DVR

I RECENTLY GOT A UPDATE THAT MESSED UP MY CAPTURE SETTINGS I USE THE XBOX GAME BAR BUT IT STARTED NOT WORKING WITH GAMES IT USE TO AND NOW WONT RECORD. I CANNOT FIND THE CAPTURE FOLDER OR HOW TO MAKE ONE. I LOOKED UP A FEW THINGS THAT DIDENT WORK MOSTLY BECAUSE ITS MOVING A FOLDER NOT MAKING A NEW ONE. I TRIED TO OPEN THE FOLDER BUT IT JUST TAKES ME NOWHERE AND THE PROGRAM SHUTS OFF. NEED NEW CAPTURE FOLDER FOR XBOX DVR f37543a1-5126-4638-a400-77640ce135c9?upload=true.png

:)

brettstearns, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Xbox Game DVR - No path folder

Hi,

There are several reasons as to why you can't use the Xbox Game DVR on your computer. Regarding your concern, the error message that you received occurs if the folder where you save your videos is missing or corrupted. Can you check if it will work
    by returning the original Captures folder back to its original location? In doing so, we recommend that you cut and the paste the folder so that we could see if the Game DVR will recognize the folder.

If that didn't work, we suggest that you change the default location where you game clips and screenshots are saved in Windows 10 by performing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click This PC.
    • Browse the following path: C:\Users\Username\Videos
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab.
    • Click Move button.
    • Browse to the new location to store your Captures folder.
    • On the top-left corner, click the New folder button.
    • Name the folder Captures and press Enter.
    • Select the newly created folder, and click Select Folder.
    • Click Apply. Then select Yes to confirm the move.

Let us know if that works for you.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as an answer" to help who are facing the same problem.

Ariel Acu, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Dude Win User
    Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10  

Hmm, its being a pita. It seems you need to do more than drag and drop. Look below and see if this helps you

How to change the Captures folder for Windows Game DVR
    In order to change the default location where your game clips and screenshots are saved on Windows 10, use the following steps:

Open File Explorer.
    Click on This PC.
    Browse the following path:

C:\Users\%username%\Videos

Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.

Click the on the Location tab.
    Click the Move button.

Browse to the new location to store your Captures folder.
    On the top-left corner, click the New folder button.
    Name the folder Captures and press Enter.
    Select the newly created folder, and click Select Folder.

Quick Tip: Avoid selecting the root of a drive (for example, ENEED NEW CAPTURE FOLDER FOR XBOX DVR :), as you will get an error message trying to restore your default settings in the future. In addition, using the default Game DVR settings, it's also possible to select a network share folder as the new location, if you have a network-attached storage (NAS) or a computer in your local network with more available storage. While this works over a Wi-Fi connection, you'll get better performance using an Ethernet (wired) network connection.
    Click Apply.
    Click Yes to confirm the move.

Click OK.
    Using these instructions, you're only changing and moving the Captures folder, and it's not necessary to relocate the Videos folder and all its content, which you may still want to keep in the same location. Once you complete the steps, Game DVR will automatically continue to save your screenshots and clips in the new location without additional configurations in Settings or in the Xbox app.

You can quickly confirm that Game DVR is using the new location on Settings > Gaming > Game DVR, and then checking the folder path for screenshots and games clips, which now should reflect the new location. Or in the Xbox app, you can go to Settings > Game DVR, and check the location for Saving captures.

Dude, Jun 4, 2020
  4. GameDVR Win User

NEED NEW CAPTURE FOLDER FOR XBOX DVR

Xbox Game DVR - No path folder

Hello,

there has been another user (Helheiom) that has asked this question. I followed the steps that were given to them, however they have not resolved my problem.

These are the steps that I have taken

1. I have reset my Xbox App using Windows Powershell (admin) and reset my computer.

2. I have reset my store cache and then have reinstalled my Xbox app.

3. I have logged out of the Xbox app and have tried to use the DVR but it will no work.

4. I have logged out of my user account on my computer and have used a guest account to find that the DVR worked.

5. I tried to make a copy of the captures folder from my guest account to move to my user account in an attempt to resolve the issue. (It did not work)

6. The Game DVR does not recognize any folder at all, nor does it show a path. There is not a manual way to access it either as the Open Folder button found under Settings ->Gaming->Game DVR does not respond or open a location. (It's just a button to push)

7. My Game DVR settings is set to record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar, but when I push Win + G it says "Can't save your recording. Make sure your captures folder allows files to be saved."

8.When Using another account (Guest) the DVR does work, and the captures folder can be moved around within the guest account.

I am very frustrated and would like this issue to be resolved. I believe that when Moving files to an external hard drive the captures folder was also moved and is why it can no longer be detected by my computer. I hope that there is another way to allocate
    a new path rather than search through 4Tb worth of data or having to make a new account just to use the Game DVR . Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

My Captures folder is set as a a regular file folder and not as a system folder. Is there any way to make it into a system folder.

GameDVR, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

NEED NEW CAPTURE FOLDER FOR XBOX DVR

1. NEED NEW CAPTURE FOLDER FOR XBOX DVR - Similar Threads - NEED CAPTURE FOLDER

2. Xbox captures default folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  3. Xbox captures default folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  4. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  5. Audio in Game DVR Captures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio in Game DVR Captures: When I use the "Capture last 30 seconds" button in the game DVR. It doesn't capture my voice but it captures my friend's. Is there a way to capture with my voice and my friend's. If so, please reply. Thanks. submitted by /u/NebrasOnReddit [link] [comments]...
  6. Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder: [ATTACH] My xbox game capture is in my temp folder and I want to move it, but cannot. Can anyone help me with this issue. https://preview.redd.it/lfhtowhptcn41.png?width=473&format=png&auto=webp&s=bb2269d1abc92733b73af6bde5e3f6a5ee319a1c submitted by /u/realjrjelly...
  7. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures: I have followed several tutorials to "move" the captures folder. But the problem is, I don't have one. This is where it has been pointing: [img] I am kind of at a loss, since all the help I have currently seen has shown how to move the existing captures folder. Thanks!...
  8. Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata: Hello i am having a very annoying issue where for some odd reason windows decided to end its relationship with the game dvr capture folder and is saving to this path "C:\Users\monst\AppData\Local\Temp" which renders the normal method of changing the folder unavailable. is...
  9. Xbox One Game DVR doubles storage space for Captures

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Game DVR doubles storage space for Captures: New changes to Captures (GameDVR) means x2 storage space for all! Existing clips older than 90 days w/o views will be deleted, as will new clips unviewed after 30 days. Learn how to backup your favorite Captures here. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 120688
  10. Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 The Game bar is a Xbox app Game DVR feature that lets you record and share game clips and screenshots in Windows 10. However, you can also use...