Windows 10: need of dism restore health every month to resume normal

Discus and support need of dism restore health every month to resume normal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 home edition.1909 OS build 18363.900 each month or after 3 months or so I am forced to do dism /online /cleanup-image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mjlloiu75re, Jun 18, 2020.

1. need of dism restore health every month to resume normal

I am using Windows 10 home edition.1909 OS build 18363.900 each month or after 3 months or so I am forced to do

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

my laptop occasionally becomes very slow for some unknown reason.
    Like I face challenges when Microsoft Office starts loading it takes lot of times to open files.
    Working with VMware virtual machines worth 500 Gb could be slow which is understandable.
    But system boots very slow that is not understandable.
    Usually when I run these commands vmware breaks and I have to re install vmware.Apart from that there has not been any other problem.
    When I run these two dism commands things come back to normal and system is able to restore its health.
    I want to know why is this happening. What is causing my laptop to be slow and why I need to regularly keep executing those 2 dism commands.

:)

mjlloiu75re, Jun 18, 2020

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 18, 2020
  3. AntJac Win User
    DISM Restore Health Error

Unsure if this is the right forum so apologies if not. Been doing my weekly maintenance and came across this when running DISM commands:

need of dism restore health every month to resume normal [​IMG]

Basically the "Restore Health" says No component store corrution has been found etc" but it only went up to 99.5%

Has anybody ever had this before?

AntJac, Jun 18, 2020
  4. need of dism restore health every month to resume normal

Is it normal for DISM health restores to take a long time?

For reference on a 3 week old install I found Sian restore health took 10 times LESS time than sfc /scannow

david_mcgowanEN, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

need of dism restore health every month to resume normal

1. need of dism restore health every month to resume normal - Similar Threads - need dism restore

2. DISM restore health stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM restore health stuck: Hi, When I try to run DISM RestoreHealth, it always gets stuck at 62.3%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restore-health-stuck/e6f165b9-a2c5-4db9-a6fc-dd0eb7a5a733
  3. DISM restore health stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM restore health stuck: Hi, When I try to run DISM RestoreHealth, it always gets stuck at 62.3%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restore-health-stuck/e6f165b9-a2c5-4db9-a6fc-dd0eb7a5a733
  4. DISM restore health not completed ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM restore health not completed ...: My laptop keep getting blue screen and I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to fix itand it does not complete 100%.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restore-health-not-completed/8d7e9633-8f87-49f9-a5af-36407ea473de
  5. DISM restore health not completed ...

DISM restore health not completed ...: My laptop keep getting blue screen and I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to fix itand it does not complete 100%.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restore-health-not-completed/8d7e9633-8f87-49f9-a5af-36407ea473de
  6. DISM restore health stuck at 62.3%.

DISM restore health stuck at 62.3%.: I have run into boot issues recently and finally managed to recover, so to be in safe side I tried the DISM commands, and I was left over at 62.3% for hours. CBS log file is shared below, appreciate if someone could figure out the issue and solve...
  7. Dism restore health stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism restore health stuck: I have done system file checker, sfc scan and I have done check health and scan health. It keeps getting stuck at 62.3% and been in that way for 5 hours. I re-attempted it the next day and the situation is still the same. How would I fix this?...
  8. Dism restore health stuck

Dism restore health stuck: I have done system file checker, sfc scan and I have done check health and scan health. It keeps getting stuck at 62.3% and been in that way for 5 hours. I re-attempted it the next day and the situation is still the same. How would I fix this?...
  9. Dism restore health stuck

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. DISM Restore Health Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Restore Health Error: Unsure if this is the right forum so apologies if not. Been doing my weekly maintenance and came across this when running DISM commands: [img] Basically the "Restore Health" says No component store corrution has been found etc" but it only went up to 99.5% Has...