Windows 10: Need Old Calculator

Discus and support Need Old Calculator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Howdy, I want to use the old calculator from Windows 8.1 in Windows 10. The new metro app is pretty slow and ugly, I think. I copied calc.exe from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by omidsolo, Aug 30, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Need Old Calculator

Howdy,
    I want to use the old calculator from Windows 8.1 in Windows 10.
    The new metro app is pretty slow and ugly, I think.
    I copied calc.exe from System32 and SysWOW64 folder of Windows 8.1 to my Windows 10 but it won't run.
    I searched the web for a whole day for a solution, but the only way was install a 3rd party application from:

Old Windows 7 Calculator for Windows 10

Which is forbidden for me to install any 3rd party application on the site PCs specially if they are from unknown sources or if they are NOT digitally signed.
    Please help me and show me a way to be able to manually copy the old calc.exe to Windows 10 and get it working.
    Cheers.

:)

omidsolo, Aug 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 64 bit update W's store,Calculator missing.

(KB4049179) This update on October 18th has eliminated W's Store and Calc. I need a simple Calculator to one click on my Taskbar,like the old one.

WizardBug483803, Aug 30, 2015
  3. vmoisa Win User
    Scientific calculator for E72

I've never understood the lack of a Scientific calculator on E-series devices. Only old Communicators used to have this (eg. 9500). Maybe not everybody needs elaborate functions like "sin" and "cos". But a calculator which knows the order of opperations...
    I think this is a MUST for a business phone.

vmoisa, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Need Old Calculator

If you have no success you could try one from the many in the App store and see if it meets your needs. This one's quite nice.

Calculator X8

Need Old Calculator [​IMG]

Torquemada, Aug 30, 2015
  5. omidsolo Win User
    Hello and thank you very much for your help, but we have very strict policies and can't use any software other than Microsoft's.
    Otherwise I'm a .NET programmer for more than a decade and it's as easy as ABC to write a similar calculator.
    So getting back to my original question: I still need help implementing my own way of working calc.exe from Windows 8.1.
    I still need help *Smile

omidsolo, Aug 30, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
  7. omidsolo Win User
    Thanks, Calculator Plus is also rejected, please help...

omidsolo, Aug 30, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

Need Old Calculator

How about this script to install? Solved Windows 8.1 Calculator Install Script - Windows 10 Forums

I just tested it and it installs calc32.exe fine (and the .exe's in the zip are signed MS ones but you could use your own of course).

If you want you can uninstall the calculator app like this from administrator command prompt:

Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240] (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powershell Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $app = "Microsoft.WindowsCalculator" PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage -Name $app -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online | where DisplayName -EQ $app | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online Path : Online : True RestartNeeded : False PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> exit C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote] And then change the name of the shortcut created in the script in the link above to "Calculator" instead of "Calculator (Classic)"

9. Razarr69 Win User
    I was baffled by Win 10's lack of calc as well, but...
    did a system search for calc and...

C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe

So, go to your system32 folder, right click on Calc.exe and select 'Pin to Start' or 'Pin to Taskbar' to make it easily accessible.

Razarr69, May 3, 2016
  10. lx07 Win User
    That is interesting - good spot - I didn't know you could pin it like that. However (at least for me) the calc.exe opens the new metro style calculator not the old fashioned Windows 7 one... It is interesting though as most of these new universal apps do not have .exe to launch them.

Thema:

Need Old Calculator

1. Need Old Calculator - Similar Threads - Need Old Calculator

2. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  3. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  4. Windows calculator needs a backspace button

Windows calculator needs a backspace button: Windows calculator needs a backspace button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-calculator-needs-a-backspace-button/b913ff55-a887-4980-977c-5a9b045b92fa
  5. Need a user guide for calculator + HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a user guide for calculator + HD: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, The calculator + HD that is available in the Microsoft store is a w e s o m e. But there is no user guide. I sent an electronic mail on September 14 and as of yet I have not heard from the owner. Can you, please, contact the owner and request a...
  6. calculator

calculator: What happened to the calculator, it's no longer in the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator/87a62349-dc33-4e10-bbf7-5f7b99701239
  7. Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %

Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %: I have never had an issue up until today. When I open my calculator and try to figure out percentage it give me the decimal and not actual percentage unless I click enter twice. Not a huge deal but it wasn't always like that. What could have changed? For example normally...
  8. Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed...: Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed to show the minus/plus etc. correctly? Shown as below. Thanks a lot for your help. [ATTACH]...
  9. Where is old Windows scientific calculator?

Where is old Windows scientific calculator?: . I have Win 10 Pro. Is there any way to install the old Windows scientific calculator, as shown in screenshot? Thanks. [img] . 102283
  10. Windows 10 LTSB has old Calculator

Windows 10 LTSB has old Calculator: Just thought this was interesting: the LTSB version of Windows 10 has the Win32 version of the Calculator program. It looks identical to the Windows 7 version. I'm not sure what the reason for this was because LTSB still has the Modern app functionality, as a few other...