Windows 10: Need permission to load Firefox

Discus and support Need permission to load Firefox in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I try to load Firefox I get the message You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use Firefox. But I am the administrator and an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Marie-CarolineSchwering, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Need permission to load Firefox

When I try to load Firefox I get the message You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use Firefox. But I am the administrator and an adult.

:)

Marie-CarolineSchwering, Jun 7, 2021

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Need permission to load Firefox

Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Need permission to load Firefox

1. Need permission to load Firefox - Similar Threads - Need permission load

2. NEED PERMISSION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED PERMISSION: cannot create a new file or folder. You Need Permission to Perform This Action. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-permission/94a6d651-a98f-4a5a-8287-7176f1683345
  3. NEED PERMISSION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED PERMISSION: cannot create a new file or folder. You Need Permission to Perform This Action. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-permission/94a6d651-a98f-4a5a-8287-7176f1683345
  4. twitter won't load in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    twitter won't load in Firefox: Very peculiar - all of a sudden, twitter will no longer load in Firefox on my desktop pc. When I try to open twitter, for a split second I see it starting to load posts and then the little circle "loading icon" appears and it just stalls there. It has never done this before...
  5. Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email: Repeatedly "ask by email" (using "child's" machine) and repeatedly selected "allowed" ("gave permission") to use the account, but it still doesn't work. Initially, it also alerted me to the need to update windows on the "child's" machine, which I did, but it still doesn't...
  6. Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions.: My son was using his PC this morning/early afternoon and all apps were working fine. They have been for some time. Without changing any restrictions or anything, all of a sudden he cannot open Chrome or Firefox. He is given a message saying he needs permission from a parent...
  7. Multiple Firefox browser tabs load

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Firefox browser tabs load: *BiggrinRandomly when i`m using Outlook 365 or Firefox 62, numerous Firefox icons will run along the taskbar and vertically, and it`s quite difficult to stop and get rid of them, and most times i have to turn the computer off to start again. On the page it loads is "Try...
  8. Firefox won't run; Administrative permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox won't run; Administrative permission: (I probably asked this question some time ago, but I can't find on the site. Please be patient with me if you can find what I couldn't.) I'm running Windows 10 *upgraded from 8.1) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. After Tuesday's update, I found that Firefox (my default browser)...
  9. Firefox enabling permissions ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox enabling permissions ?: Having big problems trying to work out enabling permissions on Firefox for particular websites as their instructions are impossible to follow and understand. Where there was a header picture overnight on a forum it's now been removed with just a lock and a yellow exclamation...
  10. Temporary add-on loading coming to Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Temporary add-on loading coming to Firefox: Andy McKay, Engineering Manager at Mozilla, announcedyesterday on the official add-ons blog that Mozilla would implement temporary add-on loading in its Firefox web browser. Now why would the organization do such a thing? One major change to the add-on system of Firefox that...