Windows 10: need product key from dead computer

Discus and support need product key from dead computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron has a bad hard drive. I need to get the product tag so I can create a media disk for windows 10 to install on the new drive. If there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by William Allert, Jun 18, 2022.

1. need product key from dead computer

My Dell Inspiron has a bad hard drive. I need to get the product tag so I can create a media disk for windows 10 to install on the new drive. If there are no more physical tags anymore, who can I contact to get this info? Thank you!!!! Bill A.

:)

William Allert, Jun 18, 2022
  2. cereberus Win User

How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account?

It is dead easy to remove the digital link from MS account. Simply change login to a local licence.

Then use your product key on new pc. If Windows complains key has already been used, use telephone activation and at step where it asks about licence, state it will only be used on new pc.

cereberus, Jun 18, 2022
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 18, 2022
  4. AndreTen Win User

need product key from dead computer

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

need product key from dead computer

1. need product key from dead computer - Similar Threads - need product key

2. Help With Getting Old Product key from dead PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help With Getting Old Product key from dead PC: My old PC died, and I have a new PC now and need to activate windows.I un-linked my old PC from my account thinking it would transfer the license to my new PC but that didn't work.I don't have the email that has my product key because it was through my school email address...
  3. Help With Getting Old Product key from dead PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help With Getting Old Product key from dead PC: My old PC died, and I have a new PC now and need to activate windows.I un-linked my old PC from my account thinking it would transfer the license to my new PC but that didn't work.I don't have the email that has my product key because it was through my school email address...
  4. need product key from dead computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need product key from dead computer: My Dell Inspiron has a bad hard drive. I need to get the product tag so I can create a media disk for windows 10 to install on the new drive. If there are no more physical tags anymore, who can I contact to get this info? Thank you!!!! Bill A....
  5. need product key from dead computer

need product key from dead computer: My Dell Inspiron has a bad hard drive. I need to get the product tag so I can create a media disk for windows 10 to install on the new drive. If there are no more physical tags anymore, who can I contact to get this info? Thank you!!!! Bill A....
  6. Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one: My computer, a Dell XPS 15 "died" the other day. When I say "dead" I mean reallydead because nothing whatsoever seems to be working, no cursor, no Dell or Microsoft logo, absolutely nothing just sometimes the fan. The laptop had a 1TB SSD which I suppose is still working but...
  7. Product Key on Dead SSD

Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  8. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  9. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Recover Product Key from dead HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover Product Key from dead HDD: Hi, Recently, my laptop had a motherboard isuue that lead to the death of my PC. Almost every component is damaged, I brought the laptop in a PC repair shop but they couldn't do anything. We tried to recover at least the HDD, without success. I'm currently building a new...