Windows 10: need product key

Discus and support need product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Back in July of 2015 (I think that was the year) when you got windows 10 free of charge, I downloaded it and saved the file. I had to reinstall today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Frank1, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Frank1 Win User

need product key

Back in July of 2015 (I think that was the year) when you got windows 10 free of charge, I downloaded it and saved the file. I had to reinstall today and was asked for the product key. I did not get one. If I remember right there was one key for all of them. Does anyone know what the key is?

:)

Frank1, Jan 11, 2017

2. Product Key Needed!!!

From my understanding you were suppose to upgrade from a previous version of Windows first, made sure it activated, then Reset the PC following the steps listed here.

How to do a clean install of Windows 10

MichaelMac3787, Jan 11, 2017
  3. Product Key Needed!!!

I have just installed the official Windows 10 Home version onto my PC after the launch of

the OS. This installation was not an upgrade transition from a previous version of Windows.

It was a media based ISO download that was placed onto a DVD for burning and booting

which also constituted as a clean install. Therefore according to the download and installation

guidelines provided on the ISO download page links, a product key was required to ensure

an activated operating system. So with that being said, what do I need to do to obtain a

legit product key in order to activate Windows 10 Home? I did however tried to use the

Command Prompt by typing in the thread: WLMC Path Softwarelicensingservice get OA3

xOriginalProductKey. Another command thread I tried was: slmgr.vbs/ato all to which was

to no avail. I kept receiving messages in a small warning box that either said, "VLMC was

not found." Or whatever the message was that discouraged me. The slmgr.vbs/ato was

a flop when another message stated that the product key server in relation to this Windows

version was blocked, or something like that, anyway. So, does this mean that a product key

purchase is mandatory to activate my "free" official Windows 10? Or maybe I don't know

how the hell to use the Command Prompt correctly? Once again, fellow community members,

I am in a sort of bind with the activation process. Now I know why it's best to purchase

Windows 10 outright so screw ups like this would be virtually non-existent. Please

babysit this going bald PC wreck!

Michael Irwin 769, Jan 11, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

need product key

Win10 uses Digital Entitlement, I do the reinstall/clean install, log into my Microsoft account then Activate, so far has always worked.

Berton, Jan 11, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Lots of people know what the product key is, but you don't need it. Just curious, have you tried Google?

NavyLCDR, Jan 11, 2017
  6. Frank1 Win User
    It worked out OK. I don't remember exactly how I did it but I clicked a few things and then hit the back button and it started installing.
    Thanks for your response

Frank1, Jan 11, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Probably the 'I don't have one' option when it asked for a key. If you are doing a reinstall on a machine that had the free upgrade, then it should activate automatically from the Digital Licence already linked to your PC's hardware and held on the MS activation servers.

8. AddRAM Win User

need product key

But a lot of people don`t know to click skip when it asks for the key.

AddRAM, Jan 11, 2017
  9. I read somewhere you can clean install Windows 10 and use your Windows 7 valid key to activate it.

angelolopes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

need product key

1. need product key - Similar Threads - need product key

2. need a product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need a product key.: i have changed the hardware i.e battery of my laptop, by doing this, the window of my laptop is deactivated. now i am facing much difficulty in using the system. now please help me in activating my window....
  3. need a product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need a product key.: i have changed the hardware i.e battery of my laptop, by doing this, the window of my laptop is deactivated. now i am facing much difficulty in using the system. now please help me in activating my window....
  4. need a product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Need product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need product key: I purchased Win11pro today, I need the license key, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-product-key/f101484d-9b62-4898-98c1-16be81e1204b
  6. Need product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need product key: I purchased Win11pro today, I need the license key, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-product-key/f101484d-9b62-4898-98c1-16be81e1204b
  7. Need Product KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Product KEY: HELP !!!!! Please Help Me Out After Reset My Laptop's Setting Its Asking PRODUCT KEY . On Screen Activate Windows. With Best Regards ! Mohammed IRSHAD Sheikh[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-product-key/704669b8-bbe3-4dfb-8633-804bdffc3656
  8. Need Product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Product key: I purchased Windows Pro on a computer that I returned. How can I get my product key so I can use it on my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-product-key/c799a3e9-7522-44d1-8528-26f8cf5af09e
  9. Product Key Need

Product Key Need: Dear Sir, This is to request you to kindly provide Product key for Activation Windows 10 Pro. Details of my Windows 10 Pro is mentioned below: Edition Windows 10 Pro Activation Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA316 Product Key need. Thanking you. Vinita...
  10. Need the product key

Need the product key: I badly want the product key of product id:00331-10000-00001-AA796 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-the-product-key/8e7c70fa-9a71-4722-9598-0cf6212884b6