Windows 10: Need programs able to diagnose USB issues.

Discus and support Need programs able to diagnose USB issues. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've been running into issues with my USB ports, whereby they randomly cause peripherals attached to them to randomly disconnect, and at times,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hillmycup22, May 28, 2020.

1. Need programs able to diagnose USB issues.

Hello, I've been running into issues with my USB ports, whereby they randomly cause peripherals attached to them to randomly disconnect, and at times, malfunction and become unresponsive until the computer itself is restarted. BIOS flashing / updating USB firmware / event viewer does not solve or reveal the issue.

I was wondering if there are any USB diagnostic tools out there that could help test my problem out. My motherboard is an MSI GD-45 (8D)

submitted by /u/hillmycup22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hillmycup22, May 28, 2020

2. lost all data on USB deive after scan disk

Hello,

For us to be able to assist you, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided on the link given below:

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, May 28, 2020
  3. Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 28, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Need programs able to diagnose USB issues.

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Need programs able to diagnose USB issues.

1. Need programs able to diagnose USB issues. - Similar Threads - Need programs able

2. Need Help. to diagnose this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help. to diagnose this issue: Good day,May I ask what programs I can use to diagnose this issue I encountered? Yesterday when I was exporting my edited photos in Lightroom. it suddenly shut down my PC and then reboot. but after I log in on Windows logon it shutdown again my PC then almost 2 to 3x repeat...
  3. Need Help. to diagnose this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help. to diagnose this issue: Good day,May I ask what programs I can use to diagnose this issue I encountered? Yesterday when I was exporting my edited photos in Lightroom. it suddenly shut down my PC and then reboot. but after I log in on Windows logon it shutdown again my PC then almost 2 to 3x repeat...
  4. Daily Bugcheck errors. Need help diagnosing the issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily Bugcheck errors. Need help diagnosing the issue.: Hi,I've been getting daily resets caused by bugchecks recently.System SSD has been scanned for issues. None found. RAM has been tested for issues. None found.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80109c358bb,...
  5. Daily Bugcheck errors. Need help diagnosing the issue.

Daily Bugcheck errors. Need help diagnosing the issue.: Hi,I've been getting daily resets caused by bugchecks recently.System SSD has been scanned for issues. None found. RAM has been tested for issues. None found.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80109c358bb,...
  6. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  7. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  8. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Diagnosing Bluetooth issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diagnosing Bluetooth issue: Ever since my wife started using zoom and working at home, the bluetooth has been nothing but trouble. What usually happens is she uses zoom with a bluetooth headset and bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Apparently, this may be too much for the built-in Intel bluetooth. To get...
  10. Need Help Diagnosing Driver Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help Diagnosing Driver Issues: Hi, I've been plagued by various BSODs. I've tried to troubleshoot them as much as I can on my own but there are persistent problems I can't figure out. After using the driver verifier I got a Driver Verifier Detected Violation BSOD... I've included the log files here,...