Windows 10: Need quality new monitor - does 4K work well in Windows?

Discus and support Need quality new monitor - does 4K work well in Windows? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello I need a new monitor because my old 24inch 1920 x1200 monitor appears to be about to die (it has started taking longer and longer to warm up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ship69, Dec 11, 2016.

1. ship69 Win User

Need quality new monitor - does 4K work well in Windows?

Hello

I need a new monitor because my old 24inch 1920 x1200 monitor appears to be about to die (it has started taking longer and longer to warm up and come to life!)

How well does Window 10 handle "4K" resolution (3840 × 2160 pixels) ?Or should I stay at 1920 x 1200?

Here is the spec of my system:
    Motherboard: Intel DP55WB (MA TX)
    Processor: Intel Core I5 750 2.66GHz RAM: 8GB = (2GB 1066 DDR3 Memory) x4 modules
    Hard disk: SSD 300GB, "INTEL SSDSA2CW300G3 ATA Device"
    Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5770
    http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/5000/5770

I like a fairly high resolution screen, but I need colour fidelity to be pretty accurate. I do quite a lot of graphics heavy work (3D CAD, web design, graphics design)

- Any advice on what resolution works best in Windows 10 for a large monitor?

- Where can I find any good reviews for high resolution monitors?

I am based in the UK.
    Budget: c. GBP 500.

With thanks

J

PS The applications that I shall be using will include: Office 2017, various browsers (chrome, firefox, edge etc), Photophoto, Xara Designer Pro X10 , Mindjet Mind manager, MyLifeOrganised, TextPad, X1 Search, Adobe Dreamweaver CS5,

:)

ship69, Dec 11, 2016
  2. Puccha Win User

I need more information on PlayReady 3.0.

Original Title: PlayReady 3.0

I need more information on PlayReady 3.0.

What are the PlayReady 3.0 Devices?

Does this include 4K Display Monitors?

Does the 4K Display Monitors has to be PlayReady 3.0 capable to Display 4K contents?

Thanks.

Puccha, Dec 11, 2016
  3. xradar Win User
    windows 10 window scaling not working well on 3840x2160 monitor, appears to only be file explorer and control panel etc

Well its a 40" 4k tv so that maybe it too, i dont have the room i need right now to dedicate a desk to a pc and monitor etc so that may play into it as well.

xradar, Dec 11, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

I have a cheapish 4k (3840 X 2160) monitor, a Samsung U28E590D. Windows 10 works well with it. Windows 10 can be set to give reasonable icon sizes and readable text.

Some applications don't scale their menus well for that resolution, though. The menus in Photoshop CS6 are tiny, and hard to read, even though they are sharp.

The main problem that I imagine for you is color accuracy. The U28E590D is a TN panel, with the usual off-axis color shifts. I don't know whether IPS panels are available.

I know that there are IPS 4k TV monitors are available. (For example, LG makes them.) You might need a new graphics card, though. I'm not sure whether any Radeon HD 5770 cards have the HDMI 2.0a ports required to run UHD resolution in 30 bit color. That's a fairly old card: it was introduced in 2009, according to Wikipedia.

bobkn, Dec 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Need quality new monitor - does 4K work well in Windows? - Similar Threads - Need quality monitor

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.: Hello,I just got a new 4K monitor and was all excited to get this up and running as it's a big upgrade from my 8 year old 1080p one. When I plug the new monitor in, windows font and images as well as google chrome or anything else I use seem a little fuzzy. I run a dual...
  6. Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.: Hello,I just got a new 4K monitor and was all excited to get this up and running as it's a big upgrade from my 8 year old 1080p one. When I plug the new monitor in, windows font and images as well as google chrome or anything else I use seem a little fuzzy. I run a dual...
  7. Do I need a new 4K graphics card for a 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Do I need a new 4K graphics card for a 4K monitor?: Hi, everything in my build was upgraded last year except the graphics card which is still NVIDIA GTX760. I want to upgrade to a 4K monitor for my audio/video editing studio. Do I need to upgrade the graphics card in order to connect a 4K monitor and use its 4K resolution?...
  8. 4K Monitors

4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. GTX 960M w/ 4K Computer not working well on 2K monitor

GTX 960M w/ 4K Computer not working well on 2K monitor: So I'm using a 4k laptop with a 2560x1440p monitor. My graphics card is a GTX 960m. I have the drivers and all that but for some reason i can't use it to its full advantage on this 32 inch 1440p monitor, as with high settings on games it gets all choppy and suffers low fps....