Windows 10: Need recommendation for a file renamer

Discus and support Need recommendation for a file renamer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have an awful lot of image files to rename need something like YY-MM-DD of picture taken from Exif data, then a sequential number, then my text E.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reddwarf4ever, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Need recommendation for a file renamer

Have an awful lot of image files to rename need something like YY-MM-DD of picture taken from Exif data, then a sequential number, then my text E.g. 2013-08-23-007-My holiday in Bognor tried file renamer basic, which I have used for years, but seems to only be able to use the current date, then there is an Exif namer, but although it uses the created date ( not date taken ) it appends the files with a number 1-10 I think, but no choice to remove this and no option to add text, looked at bulk file renamer but looks so complicated, cant work out how to use it. any suggestions please ?

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jun 25, 2021

2. File renamer utility?

Is there a good file renamer utility that's safe to use anyone could recommend? I used to use Gizmo's list for app suggestions but this particular application has not been reviewed in several years, so I don't know if those apps are safe to use or not.

I have many files I need to rename but keep the individuality of the names. For instance, I need to rename all files in a particular folder from yyyy.mm.pdf to AMEXyyyy.mm.pdf keeping the yyyy.mm data unique. Another folder has a ton of files that need to be renamed from yyyy.mm.pdf to Visayyyy.mm.pdf.

I had all this figured out a month or so back but have already forgotten how I did it using an arcane script in either cmd prompt or powershell, I can't remember which. And now I'm drawing a blank how to do it. Again. smh. So I thought a nice freeware file renamer might help me out.

speedlever, Jun 25, 2021
  3. amd5750m Win User
    rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Need recommendation for a file renamer

Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Need recommendation for a file renamer

1. Need recommendation for a file renamer - Similar Threads - Need recommendation file

2. random file needs renaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random file needs renaming: we have 2 users that have this problem that just started where they log in and receive the following messageThere is a file or folder called "c:\Program" which could cause certain applications to not function correctly. Renaming it to "c:\Program1" would solve this problemIf...
  3. random file needs renaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    random file needs renaming: we have 2 users that have this problem that just started where they log in and receive the following messageThere is a file or folder called "c:\Program" which could cause certain applications to not function correctly. Renaming it to "c:\Program1" would solve this problemIf...
  4. random file needs renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File Renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Renaming: Is there a way to change the automatic 1 at the end each each file with the same name? My company would like me to rename files for them. I need to name pictures the same name at the same time. I know that I can batch rename them but it always ends with a 1, 2, 3 etc... I...
  6. need picture recommendation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    need picture recommendation: I have Windows 10. What picture software will allow me to draw, crop? I used to have Microsoft Digital https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-picture-recommendation/3ab04538-0196-44d2-890a-d5f72563beda
  7. I need a program to rename data files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need a program to rename data files: Folks on one of these Microsoft forums have helped me once before on a similar problem. I am hoping that one of your will come through again. So, I have been scanning images from old photo albums. The Epson Scanning Program that I am using allows the automatic naming of...
  8. Renaming a file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Renaming a file: Just had a "bios" update on HP computer and now I cannot rename a file without getting the message " Don't have permission to save in this locatin. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR AND ONLY USER! How is this fixed … please?...
  9. Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file: Trying delete file/rename it,but saying needs permission from Adm,in which I am. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/needs-permission-as-adm-to-delete-and-rename-file/81f1254e-06ef-4ef7-b6e2-a05586871aec
  10. Need Mouse Recommendations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Mouse Recommendations: My long time MS mouse seems to be dying. I need a scrolling mouse not for everyday use. With that said I do want a wireless, high quality, high performance, comfortable mouse. My current one is a Microsoft Model 1058. Manufactured in 2007. Thank you in advance. 92600