Windows 10: Need recommendations for small office resources IT managment

Discus and support Need recommendations for small office resources IT managment in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there. First of all, thank you to everyone who posts here to offer there advice and help. You folks are amazing! I am the "technology manager"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nycerbarb, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Nycerbarb Win User

Need recommendations for small office resources IT managment

Hi there.

First of all, thank you to everyone who posts here to offer there advice and help. You folks are amazing!

I am the "technology manager" (among the several hats I wear) for a 4-person office. I am looking for recommendations for a good information source geared towards our needs. Everything I find is either geared for the single home-user, or for a "small business" meaning like 50 people.

We have 4 desktops, a laptop, a surface, an android phone and a NAS used a file server for everyone. Our LAN operates fine.

I am somewhat "old school" in that I like to understand what I am doing. I am good at searching. But I like to read articles because I always learn something that I did not even know to ask. Does that make sense?

All recommendations are appreciated. Thank you

:)

Nycerbarb, Jul 14, 2019

2. Office windows 10

Hi,

Before you continue with any of the methods in this section, we recommend that you check for multiple Office installations on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:

1- Type appwiz.cpl in the Search box, and then press Enter.

2. Check the list of currently installed programs for multiple installations of the Microsoft Office suite.

If there are multiple installations of Microsoft Office installed on the computer we recommend that you follow the steps that are listed in Method 2 of this section. If there is only one installation of Microsoft Office on the computer, follow the steps that
    are listed in Method 1 of this section. Only follow the steps that are listed in Method 3 if you still experience the problem after you have attempted the first two methods or you have installed Microsoft Office Trial suite.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/246429...

MilesPruett, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
  4. Need recommendations for small office resources IT managment

Managing multiple PCs using Windows 10 in an office

I am trying to help users of Windows 10/Office 365 Business in a small office manage their IT issues as they come up. I am not a certified Windows or Network Administrator. Because it is a small family owned business they ran out and bought PCs with Windows
    10 Home installed. Resources do not allow for upgrade to Pro on each PC. I am also pretty sure they were not properly set up when they got them. There are 8 PCs that require my attention.

I could use some help:

1) Managing Microsoft and Office updates. It's pretty obvious that these users do not pay attention to the updates they need. They never shut their PCs down, for one thing so the auto updates are usually sitting there waiting for restarts. Therefore, it
    would be nice if I could update all the PCs at once. Also, it seems like each profile on the PC needs updates performed?

2) I have not been able to get the PCs to restart automatically in order to complete installation after updates have been downloaded even when I choose hours of operation.

This is really minimal management but would help me immensely and save a lot of time. Any information would be appreciated. Even if someone can direct me to good, step by step instructions in dummy language, it would be helpful!

Thank you.

Tracy Pierson, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Need recommendations for small office resources IT managment

1. Need recommendations for small office resources IT managment - Similar Threads - Need recommendations small

2. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  3. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  4. Photo Management Recommendation ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo Management Recommendation ?: I have a neighbor who is in her 80s and just received a new-to-her machine. I've done some upgrades (SSD, RAM, etc) to it and have copied her photos, email, etc. Trying to make things as seamless from her old Win7 machine to this one. Her photos were scattered all over the...
  5. Recommended wifi manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommended wifi manager: I would like a recommendation for a wifi manager app that controls internet access per application based on my metered network settings. I use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop. The laptop is set to recognize my phone as a metered connection. Many applications do not look...
  6. Need recommendations for iPhone W10 photo/video software manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need recommendations for iPhone W10 photo/video software manager: Hi all - I really like the way Apple organizes my photos and videos on my iPhone using iOS. Problem is that the iCloud application for windows does not support these features - terrible. Therefore I need a quality program that can organize my iPhone photos and videos while...
  7. Office 2019 small text

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2019 small text: Just had M'soft Office 2019 installed and am trying to find out how to enlarge the text in the email box, it is minuscule. At the bottom left of the screen there is a mention about a zoom also minus and plus signs and 10% sign. How do you make these work please? 139341
  8. LICENSING for small office

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    LICENSING for small office: I want to purchase 5( five) WIN 10 licenses for my office , which type of license is correct to buy ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/licensing-for-small-office/fd1412d4-8a64-46b4-b549-6caea314a568"
  9. Recommendation for a partition manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommendation for a partition manager: I recently upgraded a Dell XPS 8700 to Win10 and then downgraded back to Win7 because of compatibility with games. I'd like to delete the 21.18 GB recovery partition and add that space of the OS partition (Disk 2), SSD. The recovery partition is for Win8 its no longer needed....
  10. Need Mouse Recommendations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Mouse Recommendations: My long time MS mouse seems to be dying. I need a scrolling mouse not for everyday use. With that said I do want a wireless, high quality, high performance, comfortable mouse. My current one is a Microsoft Model 1058. Manufactured in 2007. Thank you in advance. 92600