Windows 10: Need recommendations on USB3 802.11ac wireless network cards

Discus and support Need recommendations on USB3 802.11ac wireless network cards in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have my main router one floor below me and I can't get, at my laptop, more than 30 Mbps. I'm looking for alternatives to boost my reception on both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nisko, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Need recommendations on USB3 802.11ac wireless network cards

I have my main router one floor below me and I can't get, at my laptop, more than 30 Mbps. I'm looking for alternatives to boost my reception on both the 2.4 and 5.0 MHz bands. Recommendations, please?

Also, since I have a built-in network card, if I plug a USB card in, how do I shut off the internal card?

:)

Nisko, Jun 3, 2018

2. Broadcom 802.11ac wireless network adapter keeps needing to restart after Windows 10 upgrade

After I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo Yoga Pro 2, I keep getting disconnected from the internet and my Broadcom 802.11ac wireless network adapter keeps needing to restart. The device manager says the software / driver is up to date. Please help!

RichardWarnerEsq, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Need recommendations on USB3 802.11ac wireless network cards

1. Need recommendations on USB3 802.11ac wireless network cards - Similar Threads - Need recommendations USB3

2. Wireless Router Recommendations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Router Recommendations: We have cable internet and will most likely switch to verizon fios. I'm not in this location though at the moment. Now the past month or so, the wifi sometimes doesn't work for a bit, then it works. Its a 2 story house and we leave the router and the modem in the 2nd floor...
  3. Question on Wireless Network Cards?

Question on Wireless Network Cards?: My Comcast Gateway (XB7) supports wireless AX, i bought a sorta cheap Wireless AC card when i picked up my new custom built Windows 10 Computer, ((Specs in signature, Desktop--I7 10700) Anyways i got another card on the way, which support Wireless AX. Would it be too much...
  4. Recommendation for wireless mice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommendation for wireless mice: I'm trying to look for a wireless mouse to replace the one I have right now. However, it seems that despite my seemingly low requirements, I can't find something that seems satisfactory. Right now, I'm using a Dell WM514p which, while good enough, doesn't have back/forward...
  5. Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks

Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks: Hi! I own a MS Surface Pro 3. It has a built in Marvell Wireless network card. Suddenly it stopped being able to find available networks. I tried connecting a Wireless USB-adapter, and it finds all the networks here. So how can I fix the built-in network card? I have...
  6. Graphic Card Recommendation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic Card Recommendation: Hi Everyone I have a 3 years old computer with a build in graphic card. I want to install an PlayStation 4 emulator and to connect the computer to my TV but I can't because I don't really have a graphic card. This is what I've got Intel Core i5 4950 CPU 3.30GhZ RAM 8 GB 64...
  7. Recommended graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommended graphics card: I have a PC running Windows 10 1709. It's a little older and has an AMD Radeon 7500 series PCIe graphics card. Windows 10 1803 won't install and I believe it's because of the older card. I can certainly get a newer card, buy which one would be the best to maintain...
  8. Recommend Video Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Recommend Video Card: Converted a Dell XPS 630i to win 10 at owners request and am having trouble with the dreaded VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm) BSOD. It has 2 x Geforce 8800 GT cards in it. A lot of people seem to be having this problem. Can anyone please recommend a lower end card that has...
  9. Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter

Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter: hi, My asus t200 transformer book has the Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter. Recently, my PC started having serious issues with connecting to public wifi. Everytime I try, my PC says my wireless adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues, and...
  10. Need Wireless Network Adapter DRIVER

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Wireless Network Adapter DRIVER: There's a red x on my wifi icon in the tray and i cant connect to the internet. Im told i need to redownload a driver but I cant find any Windows 10 driver for it. My model name is: ar9485wb-eg I have an asus netbook. The one with no capslock light. So please tell me...