Windows 10: Need Registry setting... can't Turn OFF email sync for deactivated email account

Discus and support Need Registry setting... can't Turn OFF email sync for deactivated email account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an account added to Windows 10 Mail app... I can no longer access the account, the provider stopped providing email service. Win10 constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RDrr, Dec 12, 2018.

1. RDrr Win User

Need Registry setting... can't Turn OFF email sync for deactivated email account

I have an account added to Windows 10 Mail app... I can no longer access the account, the provider stopped providing email service. Win10 constantly reminds me the email needs to be updated, needs to be fixed, etc.
    I want to keep the old emails, so I don't want to delete the account. Every time I try to change the sync settings (turn syncing off) for the account, I click the slider button to Off... but the change is not accepted. The next time I go to the sync settings, it is still ON.
    I think there must be a registry setting for this... that I can edit. (I am comfortable with the Registry.)
    Can anyone specify a key to edit for Win10 Mail account syncing?

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 12, 2018
  3. webJockey Win User
    email account hacked. please help

I have a yahoo email account that seems to be hacked. Following are hacking activities I have noticed.

1) Spam emails being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.
    2) Recent emails in inbox are missing
    3) New emails in deleted mails folder

I have reset passwords for both my email account and recovery email account and also re-installed my mac but still spam emails are being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.

My mac was not even turned on when those emails were being sent. No one else knows my password. I do access mail from my iphone and ipad too.

Its my primary email account please help.

Thanks

webJockey, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Need Registry setting... can't Turn OFF email sync for deactivated email account

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Need Registry setting... can't Turn OFF email sync for deactivated email account

1. Need Registry setting... can't Turn OFF email sync for deactivated email account - Similar Threads - Need Registry setting

2. Can't sync emails to device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sync emails to device: When trying to set up my email on the mail app on my laptop AOL email, I get the error message: We couldn't access this account. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device. Can you please help? I have set up the account as...
  3. Can't sync emails to device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sync emails to device: When trying to set up my email on the mail app on my laptop AOL email, I get the error message: We couldn't access this account. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device. Can you please help? I have set up the account as...
  4. Windows Mail - iCloud Sync Settings Email turns itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail - iCloud Sync Settings Email turns itself off: Hello,I am trying to sync my iCloud email account with Windows Mail. -I have logged in and created an app specific password with my Apple Account.-I have successfully synced my Calendar with Windows Calendar-In Windows Mail i go to Accounts->iCloud->Change Mailbox Sync...
  5. Windows Mail - iCloud Sync Settings Email turns itself off

Windows Mail - iCloud Sync Settings Email turns itself off: Hello,I am trying to sync my iCloud email account with Windows Mail. -I have logged in and created an app specific password with my Apple Account.-I have successfully synced my Calendar with Windows Calendar-In Windows Mail i go to Accounts->iCloud->Change Mailbox Sync...
  6. Windows 10 email account settings and sync

Windows 10 email account settings and sync: I have a problem with the set up of a new computer with windows 10. Please note i have two seperate e mail accounts on the computer. One is through a Private domain which works fine and the other is a gmail account with a company domain managed by the company i work for. I...
  7. need to Sync my emails

need to Sync my emails: need help to sync my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-sync-my-emails/b376e2cf-eb65-4709-a66a-6071d6f840f4
  8. Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening: Hello Got a strange one with Windows 10 settings. If I attempt to go into Accounts then Email and Accounts, all I get a is a blank page. At the top you can see it is trying to refresh the info. Likewise, if I click Sync your settings, again I get a blank page. If I then try...
  9. Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening: Hello Got a strange one with Windows 10 settings. If I attempt to go into Accounts then Email and Accounts, all I get a is a blank page. At the top you can see it is trying to refresh the info. Likewise, if I click Sync your settings, again I get a blank page. If I then try...
  10. Sync email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Sync email accounts: Can I sync my Windows Live email account on my desktop, Windows 7, with the same account on my laptop, Windows 10? Right now I receive the same messages on both computers. However, unless I remember to add my own eddress to messages I send (i.e. replies), that reply only...