Windows 10: Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon

Discus and support Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I wanted to customize my text file icon, by replacing it with an icon I created. The registry change was successful. My custom made icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Geosammy, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Geosammy Win User

Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon

Hi there,

I wanted to customize my text file icon,
    by replacing it with an icon I created.
    The registry change was successful.
    My custom made icon has now replaced the default icon.

However,
    I mistakenly forgot to make note of,
    or export the registry file default value.
    So that I could change it back to it's default value/icon in the future.

Would anyone know what value this registry entry needs to be,
    in order to restore it back to the default text icon?

Below is a screen shot of the registry entry in question,
    with the edited value.

Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon [​IMG]

Any help with restoring the default value of this registry entry,
    will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

:)

Geosammy, Oct 3, 2018
  2. YanAndrew Win User

Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor

Hi Guys,

I hope I've posted this in the correct channel.

Basically, I'm after the default icon's value data for four folders in the registry editor. I stupidly removed them without copying them down whilst customising their icons. For example, Control Panel has the following CLSID and Default Icon Value Data:

Control Panel 5399E694-6CE5-4D6C-8FCE-1D8870FDCBA0 %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-27

The folders in question are:

Folders CLSID Default Icon's Value Data
    Desktop folder {B4BFCC3A-DB2C-424C-B029-7FE99A87C641}
    Documents folder {A8CDFF1C-4878-43be-B5FD-F8091C1C60D0}
    Downloads folder {374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}
    Pictures folder {3ADD1653-EB32-4cb0-BBD7-DFA0ABB5ACCA}
    Appreciate your help on this.

Thank you,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Berton Win User
    Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor

Default icon for the first 3 in the order of your list from my Win10 Pro 64-bit:

%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-112

%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-184

The 4th is giving my regedit fits, have to look into that.

EDIT: cleaned up my Registry and here is the 4th item:

%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-113

Berton, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon

ForcedReboot Registry Key Value

Hi Daniel,

ForcedReboot is one of the subkeys in the registry. Subkeys contain data entries called values. The presence of a value on a key is a form of data that an application requires for it to run. An application opens a key and uses the values associated with
    the key to perform specific functions. A key can have any number of values, and the values can be in any form.

You can visit these links for further information about registry values:

Note: We do not recommend navigating and editing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry. Changing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry might cause serious system issues.

We would like to ask if you are experiencing any issues on your Windows device. Since you are interested on finding what the value of a subkey stands for, we think that you are trying to troubleshoot your computer. If in case you are having any errors or
    issues with your Microsoft products, let us know so that we could assist you further.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon

1. Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon - Similar Threads - Need Registry Value

2. what is the default registry values for this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the default registry values for this...: registy key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-registry-values-for-this/bd0e20ef-6d40-47b9-a13f-a63e75207f14
  3. what is the default registry values for this...

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the default registry values for this...: registy key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-registry-values-for-this/bd0e20ef-6d40-47b9-a13f-a63e75207f14
  4. what is the default registry values for this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?: I messed with the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" file and I tried to put it as exefile but that was not the original. The original "Value Data" had some underscores and I cant remember what it was. I can't open any app even snip to show what I mean. It opens then after about a...
  6. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?: I messed with the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" file and I tried to put it as exefile but that was not the original. The original "Value Data" had some underscores and I cant remember what it was. I can't open any app even snip to show what I mean. It opens then after about a...
  7. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Need the default value for the AutoRun registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need the default value for the AutoRun registry: cmd automatically closes, found a soultion that says delete the autorun reg. Now my pc boots with a cmd prompt and i have to manually type explorer.exe to start it. All i need is the default value for autorun in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command...
  9. Need Default Values for Direct3D registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Default Values for Direct3D registry: Hi guys, I think I did something wrong in the registry editor and now I can't open my windows 7 games that are on my windows 10 PC. They worked before I went on the registry editor, so I think the problem is there....
  10. Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor: Hi Guys, I hope I've posted this in the correct channel. Basically, I'm after the default icon's value data for four folders in the registry editor. I stupidly removed them without copying them down whilst customising their icons. For example, Control Panel has the...