Windows 10: Need safe 1511 ISO

Discus and support Need safe 1511 ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need a safe 1511 ISO to do a repair. My PC just will not upgrade to newer releases. Hours with MS support. My current belief is that key parts are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alternety, May 23, 2017.

1. alternety Win User

Need safe 1511 ISO

I need a safe 1511 ISO to do a repair. My PC just will not upgrade to newer releases. Hours with MS support.

My current belief is that key parts are missing from my installed 1511. I thought I was on 1607 from badly worded upgrade failure messages from MS. I do not want to lose my applications. I went from 8.1 to 1511 with everything intact. The install was on a new motherboard. I broke down and bought a new system (I was waiting for the next Intel iteration) because I could not get the old one to upgrade. Did not resolve the problem. I have tried installing newer drivers to reflect the new board; still no success. I have a slightly older MB (both from Asus) that works just fine. I have considered an exorcist and sacrifices of small mammals.

MS seems to be systematically eliminating access to earlier ISOs and tools from the current version. Presuming we all upgraded successfully seems wrong. I may be hallucinating as well, but I swear something deleted IOSs I had previously downloaded. And their install app has absolutely no flexibility.

Anyway; anyone with a link to a safe source?

:)

alternety, May 23, 2017

2. PLEASE fix Microsoft Edge!! Very annoying issue.

1511=Threshold 2

The fact that WU failed may be a system problem or it may simply mean the servers are overloaded.

I have updated my 5 computers via ISO. To make sure it is an update simply mount the ISO and navigate to the setup.exe file (within windows>dont boot from the ISO) and double click on setup.

You should be safe even without Acronis, with it I would say you are set. Many improvements in 1511

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 23, 2017
  3. WizardWN Win User
    What going on with Fall Release Threshold2 update now?

Will the original ISO file I download on November 14 for 1511/10286 change when download is available again?

Will problems be fixed via Windows Update for already installed 1511/10286?

Posted by Greg Carmack - MS MVP

"Today responding to a report here that Media Creation Tool now has a line added to the Downloads page "These downloads cannot be used to update Windows 10 PCs to the November update (Version 1511)" I inquired via MVP Communications Channel and just
    learned that the Fall Update v.1511 ISO has apparently been replaced with original Release Version."

Should I wait to download ISO or Is safe to use my saved ISO now? I would like to do a clean install now.

WizardWN, May 23, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Need safe 1511 ISO

My recommendation seems to have stopped working, sorry for the inconvenience.

5. Bree New Member
    The tool is 3rd-party, but it basically acts as an index to the ISOs on Microsoft's download servers. The links it generates download directly from Microsoft.

6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    It doesn't seem to work for me now so I removed my recommendation.

@ Bree: If it works for you, please post again.

7. Bree New Member
  8. WOT
    WOT Win User

Need safe 1511 ISO

OK, thanks for that. However, mine worked once and then just stopped when I was trying to locate the OPs 1511 version. OK, time for me to go to work and find out why it doesn't work on my end now.

9. Bree New Member
    I've found that if you have a HOST table it may not work. If you use one, temporarily remove it while you run the download tool. You'll know this is your problem if you see 'GetHostEntry failed!' at the bottom left corner of the tool (it should say 'OK'). This is documented in the FAQ.
    https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techno...owall=&start=4

Renaming the HOST table is sufficient. In Windows 10 changes to a HOST table take immediate effect without the need to restart (unlike Windows 7).

10. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Ok, thanks for that; however, it worked the first time. In my original example (now deleted) I showed the op a 1607 download but I wanted to show him his exacty download of 1511 but when I went back to try it I got this:

Need safe 1511 ISO [​IMG]

Same thing on my laptop and my desktop. Time to reboot my router and retest.

11. Bree New Member
    Odd - I get this...

Need safe 1511 ISO [​IMG]

12. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Well that is what I expected to get on my second try. Anyway, at least the OP has a solution. Rebooted my modem and router but still a no go on my desktop or laptop. I wonder if it is a DNS problem with my ISP or maybe I've been throttled somehow. Let me check....

13. WOT
    WOT Win User

Need safe 1511 ISO

Contacted MS and they verified it was a server side issue that should be resolved in the AM.

14. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, May 23, 2017
  15. WOT
    WOT Win User
    I just tried your recommendation and I did have to switch user agents to get a direct ISO download; however, the version he is/was looking for (1511) is not available there. So, if I missed a trick, please advise accordingly.

Regards,

Thema:

Need safe 1511 ISO

1. Need safe 1511 ISO - Similar Threads - Need safe 1511

2. Window 11 ISO Is Safe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 ISO Is Safe: Windows 11 iso is safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-iso-is-safe/3bc1a705-783f-4c07-9e8a-b407f1dc640b
  3. Window 11 ISO Is Safe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 ISO Is Safe: Windows 11 iso is safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-iso-is-safe/3bc1a705-783f-4c07-9e8a-b407f1dc640b
  4. Need ISO link 19044.281

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need ISO link 19044.281: Hello, can someone please point me to an iso image for the win10 19044 iso so I can do clean install from USB stick? 64bit us English 155420
  5. windows 10 ISO for version 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 ISO for version 1511: Is there a way to get version 1511 ISO? 71095
  6. windows 10 1511 update need help!!

windows 10 1511 update need help!!: trying to upgrade my windows 10 via windows update,it has failed many times now iam thinking of using the other ways to upgrade soIf I was to use media creation tool or iso clean install method would I need my activation key? This is because my computer came with windows 8.1...
  7. Win10 Ver 1511 - Unable to upgrade using ISO method

Win10 Ver 1511 - Unable to upgrade using ISO method: Guys I'm stuck with build 10240! I need 1511 so it can support my new GPU (GTX 1080) and even when I try to use the ISO, it will not let me keep my current settings, apps & files. It says I'm trying to install a different edition than I'm currently using. I've been on hold...
  8. Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed

Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed: Hiya This is a first time post but I've used this forum for the great info, but I'm stuck on this one.... I've got a new laptop Lenovo 510s 14ISK I've used the media creation tool to do a clean install of Windows 10 (Crazy amounts of bloatware). All is ok and works great...
  9. Want to Download ISO file for Version 1511 10586

Want to Download ISO file for Version 1511 10586: I want to download an ISO file that can be used to correct problems using DISM. The problem I'm having is finding a ISO version compatible with the version I currently have. The ISO's I've seen are for 1607, and I am on 1511 10586.679. My question is where can I get a...
  10. Windows 10 professional 1511 update iso not available

Windows 10 professional 1511 update iso not available: Has anyone successfully clean installed the 1511 update of Windows 10 Professional? I see only Windows 10 (N, K etc) with the Media Creation Tool (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10) and at the Techbench. I also saw documentation notifying that this...