Windows 10: Need Security (Policy) modification help or tips to resolve issue.

Discus and support Need Security (Policy) modification help or tips to resolve issue. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows Ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.657) Hi - Hopefully someone with expertise in the Security Policies settings might provide me with some assistance. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rfdes, Feb 29, 2020.

1. rfdes Win User

Need Security (Policy) modification help or tips to resolve issue.

Windows Ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.657)

Hi -
    Hopefully someone with expertise in the Security Policies settings might provide me with some assistance. I am using a digitizer USB HID device on Win 10 that will enumerate itself successfully upon plugging it into a USB port. Works fine as a digitizer with no issues under Win 10.

I also have the digitizer vendor's 'software tool' that was written for Win 7 (they don't support this tool any longer) that should allow me to configure the HID device and store certain information into nonvolatile memory directly onto the digitizer. In order for this to work, the vendor's tool releases the USB device from the system and sends a command to change the digitizer's configuration to a 'Generic-HID' device which allows their software tool to communicate and make subsequent configuration changes. Once finished, the tool changes the device back to a 'Digitizer' which, again, enumerates with Windows and works as intended.

The software tool does not seem to be able to change the configuration under Win 10 but it does work under Win 7. If I were to use the device on a Win 7 machine and change the configuration to that of 'Generic-HID' then move the device back to a Win 10 machine, the vendor's tool will successfully communicate with the digitizer. Upon changing the device back to 'digitizer, Win 10 again enumerates and takes control of the device and the vendor's tool is no longer usable.

I am not at all versed in the proper setting of security policies and am wondering if there is some setting that is preventing the vendor's tool from gaining control of the device. I've reached out to the vendor for help but they are not interested. Of course I could do what I need to do in Win 7, etc. but I would like to get this working under Win 10.

I've tried running the software with Admin rights, etc. but have had no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?
    Thanks
    Jim

:)

rfdes, Feb 29, 2020
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Need Security (Policy) modification help or tips to resolve issue.

Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Need Security (Policy) modification help or tips to resolve issue.

1. Need Security (Policy) modification help or tips to resolve issue. - Similar Threads - Need Security Policy

2. I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue: My computer randomly restarted when i turned it on. It has the blue screen of death and has the error: THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. I need help. Whenever i put it into safe mode it randomly restarts. I dont want to erase all of my data. I have so much important stuff on...
  3. need help resolving driver issues to turn on memory integrity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help resolving driver issues to turn on memory integrity: Hi hello all, it shows that " igdkmd64.sys " is installed twice , i went to system32/drivers and it only shows it there once. .i didnt have this problem last week. it has just arisen after a clean install. ?any help would be great as i am trying to enable Memory integrity....
  4. Need help resolving permission and ownership issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help resolving permission and ownership issues: Hi, I created a topic on this but the person helping me has stopped responding and no one has gotten back to me. I really need help with this as it is preventing me from being able to do things that I need with my stystem. Original topic...
  5. Need help resolving issue with SFC showing corrupt file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help resolving issue with SFC showing corrupt file: I have recently updated Windows 10 through windows update and when I did this, my sound stopped working. After much researching I finally established through SFC /SCANNOW that I had a corrupt copy of audiodg.exe. I managed to resolve this by uninstalling that update...
  6. Windows 10 Tips and Common Issues Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Tips and Common Issues Help: Hello community! I wanted to make this post to help the fellow users out there with common issues in Windows 10 and some tips to make Windows more convenient. This would also help with first time Windows users to better get used to a PC device. Windows Tips/Common...
  7. 2 issues I need to resolve.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 issues I need to resolve.: 1. I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 using the free upgrade a while back. my pc crashed , i restored it and have been stuck with windows 7 again.. BUT my bios still says its using windows 10.. How do i get back to using windows 10? 2. I want to upgrade my HD to an SSD,...
  8. Need help with configured update policies.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with configured update policies.: So, I was logging into Microsoft 365 and I guess I ended up letting it take control of my policies, I am not to sure why I clicked it, but I did, dumb move on my part. After doing this it updated automatically without any notification. When I go to update and security it says...
  9. Need help with resolving bugcheck crashs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with resolving bugcheck crashs.: Hello I have been getting quite a few bugcheck crash's. Unfortunately I don't have alot of knowledge with analyzing crash dumps files hence why I'm here. The event log usually have the typical message after the crash that is The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  10. Resolving Security Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resolving Security Issue: I recently tried to change some security settings in Windows 10. It asked me to log into my Microsoft account which I did. Then it said in order to make sure it was really me, they would send an email to me to confirm my identity. I was asked to retype in my email address...