Windows 10: NEED SERIOUS HELP: Any reason to stay with Pro version of Windows 10?

Discus and support NEED SERIOUS HELP: Any reason to stay with Pro version of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I apologise for making a thread on this, but it's a serious problem for me because Windows 10 Pro is MUCH more expensive than Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NiceAndShy, Jul 30, 2021.

1. NEED SERIOUS HELP: Any reason to stay with Pro version of Windows 10?

Hi all, I apologise for making a thread on this, but it's a serious problem for me because Windows 10 Pro is MUCH more expensive than Windows 10 Home in my country. I just want to know if I'd be missing out on any features by buying a Windows 10 Home edition from Microsoft for a new PC... As far as I know, the only feature I'm using from Windows 10 Pro is "BitLocker" and I don't like BitLocker because ONLY Windows 10 Pro PC's can open BitLocker drives and it's definitely not possible for Mac or Linux to access it... I want to move away from BitLocker because of this limitation and use another encryption App that's multi-platform. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Thank you.

:)

NiceAndShy, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2021
  3. The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey!

I have
    • Realtek ALC 1150, and
    • Hardware ID says MMDEVAPI\AudioEndpoints
    • MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
    • Windows 10 Pro Version 1607, Build 14393.1198, cmd says Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
    This is how it looks!
    Screenshot

What do I have to do to get DTSx and DDL working?

I'd appreciate help so much, I'm happy to provide more info!

BIG FAT THANKS TO DJ URKO

Screenshot

JustWantSomeNiceSound, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Frick Win User

NEED SERIOUS HELP: Any reason to stay with Pro version of Windows 10?

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

NEED SERIOUS HELP: Any reason to stay with Pro version of Windows 10?

1. NEED SERIOUS HELP: Any reason to stay with Pro version of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - NEED SERIOUS HELP

2. Need a serious help. ASAP.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need a serious help. ASAP.: My windows 10 is currently experiencing various errors please this is serious and i have a project that i've been working on postponedi have a driver issues in my pc by the time my uncle gave it to me. it's intel core i5 4460, GT 730 and has 5gb of ram 4gb and 1 gb sticks...
  3. I need help seriously frustrating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help seriously frustrating: My computer will not let me do anything I deleted the administrator account not knowing what was going to happen. Now I can't do anything because I'm not administrator anymore. There isn't even a place to login as the administrator anymore? I can't accept anything to run on...
  4. Any reason to upgrade from SyncBack Free to Pro version?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Any reason to upgrade from SyncBack Free to Pro version?: What is Pro version offering that is worth upgrading from Free? I have seen compare lists, but not sure, what are major differences (being new user). So far, I have found that Free version is not keeping Folder timestamps. 171027
  5. I seriously need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I seriously need help: OK, so today I found that there was a random .txt file on my desktop. When i opened it, it showed [1013/103251.495:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3) I was curious and searched it up, turns out that it could be...
  6. I seriously need help.

I seriously need help.: I installed Ubuntu onto my PC and now I can’t reinstall windows. I’ve been freaking out about this for hours. I’ve replaced my SSD, reset my BIOS, and looked up various videos for a fix. I’ve tried reinstalling windows, but every time I put my windows install/boot USB into my...
  7. NEED SERIOUS HELP

NEED SERIOUS HELP: [ATTACH] i was pressing delete button continuously while in the desktop and then suddenly i after sometime I saw that the "this pc" icon is gone with some other icons and shortcuts. I pressed ctrl+z multiple times and the icons and shortcuts came back but "this pc" didnt...
  8. Need Some Serious Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Some Serious Help: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system seems to be having difficulty handling...
  9. I need some serious Help with an issue. Please any help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need some serious Help with an issue. Please any help!: A friend of mine came to see me today, he was really upset (Just so people know he does have Autism) because he told me that his computer will not install Windows 10 because he has only a 30GB (On Board HDD) now he can not use windows at all because There is not enough room....
  10. Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.: A Senior MS Tech I was working with said he wanted to reinstall windows 10 version 1809 because after 4 MS updates, that is after the 4th MS update, MS Edge quits working and will not start. This is the fourth tech and the 2nd senior tech I have had to work with. The...