Windows 10: Need serious help [my computer no longer updates or installs new drivers]

Discus and support Need serious help [my computer no longer updates or installs new drivers] in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm in need of some serious help with my PC, Win10. Starting with Device Manager, any time a driver needs to be installed or updates; it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xXniko saruXx, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Need serious help [my computer no longer updates or installs new drivers]

Hello there, I'm in need of some serious help with my PC, Win10. Starting with Device Manager, any time a driver needs to be installed or updates; it will hang forever and will need to force close. No new devices can be installed or plugged in. Plug n play also does not work, the device needs to be plugged in PRIOR to turning on the computer.

Windows updates no longer install, and I can't install them manually either will hang forever. Any new program trying to install something with windows installer will hang forever and not install.

I'm not sure what to do anymore short from resetting the PC/ fresh reinstall of win10. Maybe wiping the drive fresh will fix but I really don't want to lose everything, I'm not sure if it will impact the other drives I have, not sure if it will delete all of the files on the other hard drive and portable.

the computer also hangs forever when trying to shut down I have to force shut it down every shutdown, restarts give blue screen.

Has anyone out there encountered these issues and have advice? Would appreciate, thank you.

:)

xXniko saruXx, Apr 11, 2020
  2. mlee49 Win User

Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, Apr 11, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Need serious help [my computer no longer updates or installs new drivers]

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Need serious help [my computer no longer updates or installs new drivers]

1. Need serious help [my computer no longer updates or installs new drivers] - Similar Threads - Need serious help

2. HELP! I need serious help. My machine just downloaded and installed a new update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP! I need serious help. My machine just downloaded and installed a new update: This happened a couple of days ago but I haven't been on the machine to use it much since the update. I was looking for some info, a file I had created some time ago. Actually, it is a series of files entitled "HOW TO" and it contains a mass of files copied from here and...
  3. HELP! I need serious help. My machine just downloaded and installed a new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I need serious help. My machine just downloaded and installed a new update: This happened a couple of days ago but I haven't been on the machine to use it much since the update. I was looking for some info, a file I had created some time ago. Actually, it is a series of files entitled "HOW TO" and it contains a mass of files copied from here and...
  4. HELP! I need serious help. My machine just downloaded and installed a new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need a serious help. ASAP.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need a serious help. ASAP.: My windows 10 is currently experiencing various errors please this is serious and i have a project that i've been working on postponedi have a driver issues in my pc by the time my uncle gave it to me. it's intel core i5 4460, GT 730 and has 5gb of ram 4gb and 1 gb sticks...
  6. I seriously need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I seriously need help: OK, so today I found that there was a random .txt file on my desktop. When i opened it, it showed [1013/103251.495:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3) I was curious and searched it up, turns out that it could be...
  7. I seriously need help.

I seriously need help.: I installed Ubuntu onto my PC and now I can’t reinstall windows. I’ve been freaking out about this for hours. I’ve replaced my SSD, reset my BIOS, and looked up various videos for a fix. I’ve tried reinstalling windows, but every time I put my windows install/boot USB into my...
  8. NEED SERIOUS HELP

NEED SERIOUS HELP: [ATTACH] i was pressing delete button continuously while in the desktop and then suddenly i after sometime I saw that the "this pc" icon is gone with some other icons and shortcuts. I pressed ctrl+z multiple times and the icons and shortcuts came back but "this pc" didnt...
  9. I seriously need help on updating my Windows 10

I seriously need help on updating my Windows 10: I tried multiple methods I found to fix my issue where I constantly downloading and installing the same update (1903) and it literally doesn't update my Windows. Everytime I restart my laptop and check in the Windows Update, it keeps repeating the same process over and over...
  10. Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.: A Senior MS Tech I was working with said he wanted to reinstall windows 10 version 1809 because after 4 MS updates, that is after the 4th MS update, MS Edge quits working and will not start. This is the fourth tech and the 2nd senior tech I have had to work with. The...