Windows 10: Need serious help Windows 10 Security Updates and Cumulatiuve Updates Failing plus Office...

Discus and support Need serious help Windows 10 Security Updates and Cumulatiuve Updates Failing plus Office... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As you can see for a couple of months I have been wrestling with this problem. Before May 2018 updating Win 10 was a breeze and something I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by andrewpeel1, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Need serious help Windows 10 Security Updates and Cumulatiuve Updates Failing plus Office...

Need serious help Windows 10 Security Updates and Cumulatiuve Updates Failing plus Office... b958e5f0-20d1-4cae-a2b0-f7e8cb6f5d08?upload=true.png

As you can see for a couple of months I have been wrestling with this problem. Before May 2018 updating Win 10 was a breeze and something I never thought about. Now its a nightmare. If I leave with wireless network set to normal i.e. unmetered Win 10 tries to redownload the updates and update the PC when I am away from the PC. It gets to 42% then says its unsuccessful - doesn't say which bit of them it can't do and uninstalls the lot and reboots god knows how many times back to square one. I've asked friends who are very tech savy they can't see what the problem is. All my drivers are up to date. It allows Windows Defender to download and be up to date. I've followed the suggested from several Blogs of forcing the Windows Update folder to redownload updates in case the downloads are corrupted - that's not worked.

Windows 10 is a real step back at times, in Win 7 you could easily boot into Safe Mode and update - trying to do stuff like that in Win 10 is like trying to find the arcane. Why do MS treat us like children now? We can be trusted to do stuff like that. Even rebooting without startup programs requires rooting around under layers of pages within settings.

I really do not want to do a reset if I can help it. I upgraded to Win 10 and many of my desktop apps came from my old PC and the thought of trying to find old CD/DVD's (if I can) and redownloading Gigabytes of Games is a last resort. What happened to simple restore points to a point when things were working - nice and non destructive?

So I am at your mercy community please can you help me get my flipping PC to update? As usual the MS error reports give no help so I don't even know which of the updates are failing or why. Thanks in advance.

:)

andrewpeel1, Sep 26, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 27, 2018
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 27, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Need serious help Windows 10 Security Updates and Cumulatiuve Updates Failing plus Office...

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Need serious help Windows 10 Security Updates and Cumulatiuve Updates Failing plus Office...

1. Need serious help Windows 10 Security Updates and Cumulatiuve Updates Failing plus Office... - Similar Threads - Need serious help

2. i need help with a failed windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with a failed windows update: I've tried for the better part of a few years now, to give an update to my pc. I've tried factory resetting my pc multiple times to see nothing but a error and have all my data put back into my pc. All of the fails are do to one file name of which is "amd64_microsoft-windows...
  3. i need help with a failed windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help with a failed windows update: I've tried for the better part of a few years now, to give an update to my pc. I've tried factory resetting my pc multiple times to see nothing but a error and have all my data put back into my pc. All of the fails are do to one file name of which is "amd64_microsoft-windows...
  4. i need help with a failed windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Security Update Fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Security Update Fail: The recent security update which is KB4577671 always fails to install both manual install and windows setting update install. I also tried some other things like redownloading the file, disabling non Microsoft servicesincluding the antivirus program, and installing it from...
  6. NEED SERIOUS HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NEED SERIOUS HELP: [ATTACH] i was pressing delete button continuously while in the desktop and then suddenly i after sometime I saw that the "this pc" icon is gone with some other icons and shortcuts. I pressed ctrl+z multiple times and the icons and shortcuts came back but "this pc" didnt...
  7. I seriously need help on updating my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I seriously need help on updating my Windows 10: I tried multiple methods I found to fix my issue where I constantly downloading and installing the same update (1903) and it literally doesn't update my Windows. Everytime I restart my laptop and check in the Windows Update, it keeps repeating the same process over and over...
  8. MS Office Pro Plus 2016 (some updates are not needed)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Office Pro Plus 2016 (some updates are not needed): I have MS Office Pro Plus 2016 installed and running the most latest version of Win10. Whenever I install the Office program, I select Custom, and only installing Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. That is all I need. But when I run Windows Updates for other Microsoft...
  9. Windows Update Fail - Need Help

Windows Update Fail - Need Help: Following CU update yesterday I ran Windows Update this morning. Here's where I am now: [img] After running SFC /Scannow with no errors I tried the Trouble Shooter and got this one: [img] I'm in way over my head here. Help! 84008
  10. Microsoft Office Update Fail - Help

Microsoft Office Update Fail - Help: Can anyone advise my why when I´m offered the office update I get this error message: • Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553347) 32-Bit Edition - Error 0x80070643 I´ve try looking into it and it seems I have SP1 Package, not 2, which I think is what I´m supposed to...