Windows 10: Need shortcut to log file "System"

Discus and support Need shortcut to log file "System" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tried PowerShell "PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $events=get-winevent -logname "System"" This did not produce an error comment but didn't show the log either.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Sep 23, 2016.

1. tcebob Win User

Need shortcut to log file "System"

Tried PowerShell "PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $events=get-winevent -logname "System"" This did not produce an error comment but didn't show the log either. I admit complete unfamiliarity with Power Shell. Perhaps there is a way to open Event Viewer directly to Windows System?

:)

tcebob, Sep 23, 2016
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Sep 23, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Sep 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you use the freeware program Event Log Explorer, that has command line options which will let you do that.

Need shortcut to log file "System" [​IMG]

Thus you can create a shortcut.

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  5. tcebob Win User
    Perfect. Thank you very much.

tcebob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need shortcut to log file "System" - Similar Threads - Need shortcut log

2. I need help reading the system logs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help reading the system logs.: PC randomly restarts without BSOD and it shows up as a WHEA error in the system logs and from my searching WHEA errors have to do with overclocking which I have not done. It happens after starting a game by a couple of minutes or after a while of idling. Here are the Logs....
  3. I need help reading the system logs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help reading the system logs.: PC randomly restarts without BSOD and it shows up as a WHEA error in the system logs and from my searching WHEA errors have to do with overclocking which I have not done. It happens after starting a game by a couple of minutes or after a while of idling. Here are the Logs....
  4. I need help reading the system logs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I/O logs on the File system ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I/O logs on the File system ?: Hi, someone knows if the cut and past operations are logged in the Event Viewer automatially in W10 ?I did a cut and copy operation which went wrong on some files and I d like to find which files were concerned ? Is there a possibility to do that with the Event Viewer ?...
  6. WHEA error in system logs, need help regarding this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA error in system logs, need help regarding this: WHEA error - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event.That's what I saw while checking the system logs in Event Viewer when my PC froze all of a sudden.This happened while I was playing a game. What...
  7. WHEA error in system logs, need help regarding this

WHEA error in system logs, need help regarding this: WHEA error - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event.That's what I saw while checking the system logs in Event Viewer when my PC froze all of a sudden.This happened while I was playing a game. What...
  8. Can a shortcut be made to log in with a password or not log in with it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can a shortcut be made to log in with a password or not log in with it?: Let me explain. I already set then computer, after a fresh install, to boot or reboot without the lock screen. I was thinking of by passing the log in screen as well. I also have on my desktop a shortcut for shutting it down and one for rebooting. Next weekend I will have a...
  9. System File Checker Log

System File Checker Log: I just run the System File Checker sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 laptop. It found corrupt files and successfully fixed them. How do I identify what this corrupt files that were successfully fixed in CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log? I have the resulting CBS.log but I do not...
  10. System...... Windows log Files.

in Windows 10 Support
    System...... Windows log Files.: After rolling back my laptop from 10 to 8.1 over a week ago and did this weeks Windows 8.1 update, I cleaned up the Hard drive of all unnecessary files and ensured that my Settings did not permit Synchronization. Today, I had to use my Mobile Broadband connection which had...