Windows 10: Need simple instructions for connecting 2 computers at home

Discus and support Need simple instructions for connecting 2 computers at home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am a little confused by the things I read re: setting up a home network (including the tutorials on this site). I want to connect just two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NeedUpgradeHelp, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Need simple instructions for connecting 2 computers at home

Hi,

I am a little confused by the things I read re: setting up a home network (including the tutorials on this site). I want to connect just two computers on a network in my home. I want the simplest, and also the most secure, private setup for this. I am a non-tech-minded person and do not understand some of the IT language on this site. So things communicated in common, every-day English is much appreciated. *Smile

Both computers are Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

:)

NeedUpgradeHelp, Feb 4, 2020

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 4, 2020
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Need simple instructions for connecting 2 computers at home

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Need simple instructions for connecting 2 computers at home

1. Need simple instructions for connecting 2 computers at home - Similar Threads - Need simple instructions

2. where can I find simple instructions for one drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where can I find simple instructions for one drive?: Where can I find simple instructions for one drive?I have discovered that I have multiple one drive directories/folders:C:\Users\zekew\OneDrive\Desktop\OneDrive...
  3. where can I find simple instructions for one drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where can I find simple instructions for one drive?: Where can I find simple instructions for one drive?I have discovered that I have multiple one drive directories/folders:C:\Users\zekew\OneDrive\Desktop\OneDrive...
  4. connect 2 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connect 2 computers: Cannot connect Computer 1 to computer 2 on same home network. Continual permission problems. Whhat steps need to be taken to get these 2 computers to talk to each other?...
  5. connect 2 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connect 2 computers: Cannot connect Computer 1 to computer 2 on same home network. Continual permission problems. Whhat steps need to be taken to get these 2 computers to talk to each other?...
  6. connect 2 computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. need instructions to connect my hp 3830 scanner to my windows 10 computer

need instructions to connect my hp 3830 scanner to my windows 10 computer: need instructions to connect my hp 3830 scanner to my windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-instructions-to-connect-my-hp-3830-scanner-to/cc572920-cd94-49e1-93cd-dbe0230699bc
  8. Connecting 2 computers

Connecting 2 computers: I am try to connect a WIN 10 Home to a WIN 7 Home on the same network. I get a Windows Security screen titled "Enter Network Credentials" Great, I expected that. BUT, I am not sure what to enter. Is the Password the password to open the computer, or is it netwoek password,...
  9. connecting computers in home office

connecting computers in home office: Ever since MS (in its infinite wisdom -- NOT!) did away with home group under Windows 10, we cannot get our computers in our home office to consistently talk to each other so that files can be shared. We "fix" it, but in a week or so, the connection goes away. HELP!!...
  10. Home computers are on 2 separate networks

Home computers are on 2 separate networks: My two home computers are on two separate networks - Network 3 and Network 4. How do I get them on one single network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-computers-are-on-2-separate-networks/cfbd0d51-4aca-42d4-8ddb-e10ad6453545