Windows 10: Need Smart Card default for login instead of Username and Password

Discus and support Need Smart Card default for login instead of Username and Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We are getting ready to migrate to WIN10 and trying to figure out if there is a way to force our WIN10 computers to default to smart card to log onto... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bfrisan, Aug 15, 2017.

1. bfrisan Win User

Need Smart Card default for login instead of Username and Password

We are getting ready to migrate to WIN10 and trying to figure out if there is a way to force our WIN10 computers to default to smart card to log onto our computers.
    We use 8021x so no user name and password. Everyone has smart cards to log on.

:)

bfrisan, Aug 15, 2017
  2. KJSTech Win User

How do I remove the three smart card icons in lower left Windows 10 login screen?

I upgraded two Dell Latitude E5540 laptops, identical hardware, from Win 7 Pro 64 to Win 10 Pro 64. On the one laptop in the login screen in the lower left it shows a bunch of icons.

Other user (which when clicked does nothing)

Local or Domain account (which when clicked provides a username and password field to login to the computer/domain)

Smart Card

Smart Card

Smart Card

Yes Smart card appears 3 times, and only on the one machine which is 100% IDENTICAL to the other. How can I remove these options?

Also on my desktop PC with Windows 10, when I CTRL+ALT+DEL it goes right to a username and password box. Why on the laptops do you have to click the "Local or Domain Account" icon in the lower left corner to bring up a username and password box? They are
    all on the same domain and should be abiding by the same group policy which is do not remember last username.

KJSTech, Aug 15, 2017
  3. PEAP certificates

Ok now that you have the cert installed when you try to connect to the network does it prompt you for a username and password or just a username and domain? For Peap you should be prompted for your username and password for Smart Card or Certificate you
    should be prompted for your username and domain.

MVP-Mobile Devices

Eric Hicks, Aug 15, 2017
Thema:

Need Smart Card default for login instead of Username and Password

1. Need Smart Card default for login instead of Username and Password - Similar Threads - Need Smart Card

2. To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...: I have saw device and also smart card, but to login to saw device I need to generate the PIM for smart card.My laptop doesnt have smart card reader so Can you please help with the another way to solve this problem. I need to generate the PIM from UI or else login credentials...
  3. To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...: I have saw device and also smart card, but to login to saw device I need to generate the PIM for smart card.My laptop doesnt have smart card reader so Can you please help with the another way to solve this problem. I need to generate the PIM from UI or else login credentials...
  4. To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Username-password login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Username-password login: OK so I want to make to where you need a username and password like for when you are logging into a remote cpu I followed the steps but it will not show up here is a set of pictures to help identify it...
  6. Username-password login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Username-password login: OK so I want to make to where you need a username and password like for when you are logging into a remote cpu I followed the steps but it will not show up here is a set of pictures to help identify it...
  7. Username-password login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Smart card login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smart card login: Hello,So I've enabled the smart card services on Win 2k19 and installed IIS. I've also enabled the GPO for smart-card authentication and Windows Hello for Business on the server. Could someone provide a step-by-step on actually enrolling the Yubi key? I have joined the...
  9. Password and username login

Password and username login: I just posted the question regarding manually logging in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-and-username-login/755eceb8-be5f-4c8d-9201-37475b01451e
  10. Password and username login

Password and username login: When I go to certain websites that require a username and password this information seems to be there and I just have to use the enter button. How do I change this format so that I have to manually type in the username and password because I don't feel comfortable with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 enterprise default to smart card instead of username and password