Windows 10: Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?

Discus and support Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had to enable this for my old NAS to work. What are the security risks and is there another workaround that is safer? win10 pro 19041.508 165371 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martik777, Sep 28, 2020.

1. martik777 Win User

Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?

I had to enable this for my old NAS to work. What are the security risks and is there another workaround that is safer?
    win10 pro 19041.508

:)

martik777, Sep 28, 2020
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Sep 28, 2020
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Sep 28, 2020
  4. emelsom Win User

I am hoping Microsoft themselves, is picking this question up, and taking this seriously, and will answer this urgently, as it is causing us all so much frustration.

emelsom, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds? - Similar Threads - Need SMB enabled

2. Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS: I have a wireless connection to my router, and a wired ethernet connection to a Synology NAS. I want to bridge the two adapters, so that the NAS is visible for SMB shares on the local network and also has a route to the internet.I have been going round in circles and though...
  3. Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS: I have a wireless connection to my router, and a wired ethernet connection to a Synology NAS. I want to bridge the two adapters, so that the NAS is visible for SMB shares on the local network and also has a route to the internet.I have been going round in circles and though...
  4. Cannot enable SMB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable SMB: I have the exact same problem as described in this post from 2018:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-enable-smb-10cifs-sever-in-win-10/19873ca7-7da0-4abd-92e9-e86afe75bb66I am not able to enable SMB /CIFS from the "Turn Windows features on...
  5. Cannot enable SMB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable SMB: I have the exact same problem as described in this post from 2018:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-enable-smb-10cifs-sever-in-win-10/19873ca7-7da0-4abd-92e9-e86afe75bb66I am not able to enable SMB /CIFS from the "Turn Windows features on...
  6. Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?: I had to enable this for my old NAS to work. What are the security risks and is there another workaround that is safer? win10 pro 19041.508 165371
  7. SMB 1.0 and my Netgear router (with NAS hardware)

SMB 1.0 and my Netgear router (with NAS hardware): I have a Drobo 5N NAS where I keep backups. I couldn't get to it one day and found out that Windows 10 went to SMB v2.0 (if I check SMB v1.0 I can see and use the drive). I also found out that there are some security risks in using SMB v1.0. My router doesn't support SMB...
  8. SMB v1

SMB v1: How do I enable SMB v1 on my windows 10 computers Please,, plain english Thanks for any help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb-v1/f4c8d9ed-2619-4225-b5d1-471592fbd837"
  9. How do I get SMB v1

How do I get SMB v1: How do I get into the "power shell " to get SMB v1 to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-smb-v1/3e273643-c015-4f85-8300-f017925e1b8f"
  10. Re-enabled SMB v1 in Windows 10, but still cannot connect

Re-enabled SMB v1 in Windows 10, but still cannot connect: So following on from my previous question about SMB, I decided to re-enable SMB v1 on my PC running Windows 10 (this version). I followed these instructions (Options 3, 4 and 5, since I am using Windows 10). I have tried all three options (proof), and they all appear to...