Windows 10: Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

Discus and support Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Struggling to google this as I'm not entirely sure what I'm actually looking for or if it exists. To briefly summarise the problem: I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mountaincabbage, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

Hi Guys,

Struggling to google this as I'm not entirely sure what I'm actually looking for or if it exists.

To briefly summarise the problem:
    I have hundreds of files that every day I need to put on specific memory sticks. At the moment, I look for the files on my NAS and do the standard copy and paste onto the memory stick.

Is there a better way to do this? Ideally something where I name the memory stick with an ID, e.g. USB10 and something will look for files with the same prefix and sync it to the USB.

Is there some sort of hardware/software to help with something like this?

Thanks,
    Sean

:)

mountaincabbage, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

How To Transfer Documents to Upgraded Windows 10 using a USB 3.0 Flash Drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Macazine Win User

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

1. Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives - Similar Threads - Need solution automating

2. Need for Automated System File Checker?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need for Automated System File Checker?: How many Windows 10 systems have problems because of underlying system file problems. I guess that a lot of Patch Tuesday issues are due to system problems which users are unaware of. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to design a process which is constantly on the lookout for...
  3. Need for Automated System File Checker?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need for Automated System File Checker?: How many Windows 10 systems have problems because of underlying system file problems. I guess that a lot of Patch Tuesday issues are due to system problems which users are unaware of. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to design a process which is constantly on the lookout for...
  4. Transfer photos to a flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Transfer photos to a flash drive: I made some photo albums in the Windows 10 photos section. How do I select the albums and then transfer them onto a flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-photos-to-a-flash-drive/368d08ba-794d-4026-bdd5-304109ec2af0
  5. Transfer File from CD to Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer File from CD to Flash Drive: I have an instructional CD that is audio / video that I need to transfer to a flash drive as computer has not a CD Drive [Original Title: file transfer]...
  6. Transfer of emails to flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer of emails to flash drive: I have set up the POP mail account managed by my ISP in my Windows Mail app and have kept a large number of old emails there. Now my ISP is telling me that I am running out of the storage capacity allocated to me and I need to pay extra to increase the storage space. Since...
  7. Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly: Hi everyone, I have recently realized my laptop MSI P65 8RF is having a weird behaviour when transfering files or deleting files to/from my flash drives (Kingston Datatraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 128 GB and Kingston Datatraveler Rubber 3.0 32 gb) it happens that it reaches top...
  8. Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly: Hi everyone, I have recently realized my laptop MSI P65 8RF is having a weird behaviour when transfering files or deleting files to/from my flash drives (Kingston Datatraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 128 GB and Kingston Datatraveler Rubber 3.0 32 gb) it happens that it reaches top...
  9. how to transfer video file to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to transfer video file to a flash drive: how to transfer video file to a flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-video-file-to-a-flash-drive/d0c61b55-e5b5-451d-8357-30255340d6b5"
  10. transferring a movie to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring a movie to a flash drive: Hi. I have a movie I converted to an MP4 file and want to move it to a USB flash drive. The file is a little over 5gb and the drive is 32mb. I get a message that the file is too large for the destination which is not possible. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you. 103489