Windows 10: Need some general advice on what kind of monitor I should be looking for

Discus and support Need some general advice on what kind of monitor I should be looking for in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I don't play video games, the most important use of this monitor would be watching movies, apart from that I use it for typical desktop/internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Dimitri, May 18, 2021.

1. Dimitri Win User

Need some general advice on what kind of monitor I should be looking for

I don't play video games, the most important use of this monitor would be watching movies, apart from that I use it for typical desktop/internet browsing activity. I'm on a budget, so I'm looking to get off cheap here, say around $350-400.

Now, I have a few questions:

#1 How important is 4k?

Since 4k is the new thing, I thought maybe I should set that as my minimum, but should I?

Is there a significant difference to the human eye between 1080p and 4k?

I don't game, so this is mostly...

Read more

Dimitri, May 18, 2021
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, May 18, 2021
  3. TomFeehan Win User
    Generic PNP monitor

Hello,

I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor
    but, Windows won't use it.

Gone through a number of help suggestions including disconnecting the monitor, reconnecting, re-starts, delete driver, re-install . . .llllllll

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Tom

TomFeehan, May 18, 2021
  4. Jstn7477 Win User

Mitsubishi Intros A Pair of New DiamondCrysta Wide Series Monitors

Looks like they are IPS, but is it true that they are fully 120Hz compliant? I see they seem to list Dual Link DVI connections but I'm confused by the diagram that suggests the monitor internally generates the extra frames. *Confused Need some general advice on what kind of monitor I should be looking for :confused:

Jstn7477, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Need some general advice on what kind of monitor I should be looking for - Similar Threads - Need general advice

2. What kind of virus is this and what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What kind of virus is this and what should I do?: For a few months now, I've had this issue which Im almost 100% sure is caused by a virus. About 20 minutes after I start my pc, a command window opens, then closes itself. Windows security says I have a Trojan virus, then says there's nothing there. After this, if I use edge...
  3. What kind of virus is this and what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What kind of virus is this and what should I do?: For a few months now, I've had this issue which Im almost 100% sure is caused by a virus. About 20 minutes after I start my pc, a command window opens, then closes itself. Windows security says I have a Trojan virus, then says there's nothing there. After this, if I use edge...
  4. Need some general advice on what kind of monitor I should be looking for

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need some general advice on what kind of monitor I should be looking for: I don't play video games, the most important use of this monitor would be watching movies, apart from that I use it for typical desktop/internet browsing activity. I'm on a budget, so I'm looking to get off cheap here, say around $350-400. Now, I have a few questions: #1...
  5. Looking for some tech advice.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for some tech advice.: Hey /r/windows10, Time to use this subreddit for some tech support rather than just getting neat tools I'll never use. Trying to help out my uncle with his PC and I am running into an issue that I cannot find a solution for. Their computer freezes randomly, while using it...
  6. I need some advice please

I need some advice please: I'm shopping for a new laptop and I wonder if it's a good to pay extra the nvidia rtx 2070 instead of nvidia gtx 1650 ti? Thank you I would appreciate you opinion win 19042. 630 170618
  7. I need some advice?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some advice?: Well, I have been programming a bot for GTA Online for a while now. This allows you to stay online, create single lobbies and mute the GTA window. My question: Can I get in trouble for that, because I basically exploit security holes. Be a bit scared after what happened to...
  8. Looking for some advice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Looking for some advice: What should I do when u get this error, c:\$SysReset\Scatch\Csrss.ex? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-some-advice/3f27847c-e942-49ef-b290-be91c9418fb4
  9. Looking for some Antivirus Advice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for some Antivirus Advice: I'd like to use a Free one before I decide if I'd like to pay for the Full Version. I'd like an Antivirus w/a good reputation, that can stop tracking cookies & pop-ups, somewhat fast but very thorough scans w/easy to read & understand results-that can also be copied to a...
  10. Looking for some graphic card advice

Looking for some graphic card advice: I'm planning on doing an upgrade to my rig this year by replacing the APU(Ryzen 3 2200G) with the Ryzen 5 3600 in Nov. But I need to get a graphic card first and I was wondering what card would be best. I know there are no best but I want something that will do as well if not...