Windows 10: Need some help, being blocked from installing apps.

Discus and support Need some help, being blocked from installing apps. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is for my friends PC however I am out of my depth here. The problem is that even though he appears as an admin on the laptop, he can't install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smithlewys, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Need some help, being blocked from installing apps.

This is for my friends PC however I am out of my depth here. The problem is that even though he appears as an admin on the laptop, he can't install programs to program files and can't save files etc to the root drive. Now he did buy the PC from a place to help with uni work so there's extra programs to help with that. I suspect that when they set up the laptop for him, they disabled editting of certain files, or has an admin account hidden that they can access. I really don't know where to go from here as we can't wipe the PC and start again due to the amount of apps we can't find anywhere else. So I need a solution to give fill admin privileges to his account while keeping what's there, in tact.

Any help? Cheers.

submitted by /u/smithlewys
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/smithlewys, Feb 25, 2020

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 25, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Need some help, being blocked from installing apps.

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Need some help, being blocked from installing apps.

1. Need some help, being blocked from installing apps. - Similar Threads - Need help being

2. Need some help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help...: So I tried resetting a laptop that used to be my brother's. After it was all done it brought me to the login screen with the same User Account. I tried using the password associated with it and it gave me an error saying "the user profile service failed the sign-in." I found...
  3. Need Help installing the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help installing the app: So I'm in cyber security. I'm trying to install kali linux on my windows. I did download the app already. Not sure If I put this in the wrong thread.I ran the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-LinuxI have a windows 10...
  4. Need Help installing the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help installing the app: So I'm in cyber security. I'm trying to install kali linux on my windows. I did download the app already. Not sure If I put this in the wrong thread.I ran the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-LinuxI have a windows 10...
  5. How to BLOCK MSWin 11 from being installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to BLOCK MSWin 11 from being installed: It looks like, despite Microsoft's lies to the contrary, that MSWin 11 can get installed on compatible machines WITHOUT authorization. I've already seen one machine where it's happened, which NOW runs like **** because of it not that MSWin 10 wasn't already ****. I've...
  6. How to BLOCK MSWin 11 from being installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to BLOCK MSWin 11 from being installed: It looks like, despite Microsoft's lies to the contrary, that MSWin 11 can get installed on compatible machines WITHOUT authorization. I've already seen one machine where it's happened, which NOW runs like **** because of it not that MSWin 10 wasn't already ****. I've...
  7. BLOCKING SOME SPECIFIC PAGES IN WORD FROM BEING EDITED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLOCKING SOME SPECIFIC PAGES IN WORD FROM BEING EDITED: Good morning guys Is it possible to block only some pages in a word document ? For example ,in a 8 pages document i want to block pages 4 5 6 8 from being edited and leave pages 1 2 3 7 availabe to be edited ? All my searches result in how to block the entire document...
  8. Need some helpful help

Need some helpful help: So I was trying to download an editing software, on my Window 10, but I couldn't install it because I was missing opencl.dll, but I found the opencl.dll in File Explorer, so i dragged it in the System32 file. But now i faced with a new problem. My new problem is "the...
  9. Need some help installing windows 10

Need some help installing windows 10: So i have a hp laptop with free dos and i ordered a windows 10 usb flash drive online, can someone tell me step by step what i need to do in order to install it? submitted by /u/-Kasegama [link] [comments]...
  10. being blocked from installing trusted software on a disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    being blocked from installing trusted software on a disk: I am trying to install 3rd party software (SAGE) but being blocked 'for my protection'. I am the administrator, how do I unblock?...