Windows 10: Need some help connecting my PC to a mobile hotspot via usb

Discus and support Need some help connecting my PC to a mobile hotspot via usb in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Windows 10 pc that is connected via Ethernet always (it doesn’t even have a wifi dongle) and because of this I don’t believe I have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Peterback, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Need some help connecting my PC to a mobile hotspot via usb

Hello! I have a Windows 10 pc that is connected via Ethernet always (it doesn’t even have a wifi dongle) and because of this I don’t believe I have any wireless drivers installed. Recently my internet died and I wanted to connect my computer to my phone as a mobile hotspot via USB.

My phone is an iPhone 7 that is up to date and I also have iTunes installed if that makes any difference. However, even after turning on the mobile hotspot and plugging my phone in there isn’t any option in the Network and Internet settings page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

submitted by /u/Peterback
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Peterback, Nov 17, 2020

2. How do I share PDAnet USB internet connection via Windows Hotspot?

So here's what you do:

1. turn on actual mobile hotspot (the one on your phone)
    2. connect PC to it
    3. bottom right of Windows is the notifications button, click it and hit mobile hotspot, it won't be greyed out anymore.
    4. leave the PC hotspot on while turning off the phone's mobile hotspot
    5. teather phone to PC (PDAnet, foxfi, whatever)
    6. bask in glorious Wi-Fi

This used to be about 10 steps longer but I've simplified it. 
    I'll update if I find an easier way.

Steven Madden, Nov 17, 2020
  3. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Need some help connecting my PC to a mobile hotspot via usb

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Need some help connecting my PC to a mobile hotspot via usb

1. Need some help connecting my PC to a mobile hotspot via usb - Similar Threads - Need help connecting

2. Need help with mobile hotspot on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with mobile hotspot on windows: Hello again based on my initial request, a chat session was started before I was able to reset my password and log in to access my account, and by the time I was able to reach the chat it had ended, and I was unable to restart it. I am hoping you can help me access the mobile...
  3. Need help with mobile hotspot on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with mobile hotspot on windows: Hello again based on my initial request, a chat session was started before I was able to reset my password and log in to access my account, and by the time I was able to reach the chat it had ended, and I was unable to restart it. I am hoping you can help me access the mobile...
  4. Problem in connect mobile hotspot to my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in connect mobile hotspot to my pc.: I have long successfully used the hotspot from my Lava Z61 Pro cell phone to connect to the internet. Got a new phone, set up its hotspot and when I try to connect it asks for a router PIN. There is no router none, just a cell phone. I enter its PIN and it says “Getting info...
  5. Problem in connect mobile hotspot to my pc.

Problem in connect mobile hotspot to my pc.: I have long successfully used the hotspot from my Lava Z61 Pro cell phone to connect to the internet. Got a new phone, set up its hotspot and when I try to connect it asks for a router PIN. There is no router none, just a cell phone. I enter its PIN and it says “Getting info...
  6. Problem in connect mobile hotspot to my pc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Mobile hotspot cut my PC connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot cut my PC connection: I used to use my PC as a hotspot because my main router is too far. My PC is connected through LAN.Today, I found out if I turned on "Mobile Hotspot", I can't access internet on my PC. But it works for my phone.I already tried updating driver, troubleshooting, turning off...
  8. Mobile hotspot cut my PC connection

Mobile hotspot cut my PC connection: I used to use my PC as a hotspot because my main router is too far. My PC is connected through LAN.Today, I found out if I turned on "Mobile Hotspot", I can't access internet on my PC. But it works for my phone.I already tried updating driver, troubleshooting, turning off...
  9. Mobile hotspot cut my PC connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Limit the hotspot connection of the mobile with the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limit the hotspot connection of the mobile with the PC: Dear community, I find myself with a difficult problem to solve: I have a computer connected to a corporate network, to which I must connect a mobile phone through the hotspot. I was able to achieve this, the problem is that from the mobile phone I can reach the rest of the...