Windows 10: Need some help diagnosing BSODs

Discus and support Need some help diagnosing BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Posting this question in regards to some issues with my computer I ran into last night. For context, I was about to go to bed and shut down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vivapity, Apr 8, 2021.

1. vivapity Win User

Need some help diagnosing BSODs

Hello!

Posting this question in regards to some issues with my computer I ran into last night. For context, I was about to go to bed and shut down my computer. It gave me an option to "Update and shut down" so I thought might as well. I closed all the apps open on my taskbar, but got a BSOD with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. I rebooted the computer and got the same BSOD after trying again. For a split second, the screen showed that it was shutting down open apps, and Steam was the only one open, despite it not showing in my taskbar prior to shutting down.

I looked at this post and followed the instructions to uploading relevant files. This is the link to the last 3 .dmp files in my Minidump folder. If there's anything else you need to help me with this, let me know! And thanks so much in advance for your time and help. I hope I did this right as this is my first time posting in the forum.

Cheers,

Vivapity

:)

vivapity, Apr 8, 2021

2. Diagnosing BSOD Win10

Hi Mouhy,

For us to isolate your Windows 10 performance issue, we need the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

Normally, this issue happens due to an unexpected shut down or restart. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Help with diagnosing BSoD

Hi Gabi,

To better assist you diagnosing this BSOD issue, please send us a screenshot of the 3 minidump files that you shared using Dropbox.

Looking forward for your reply so we can provide the best solution for you.

Robert Caw, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Need some help diagnosing BSODs

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Need some help diagnosing BSODs

1. Need some help diagnosing BSODs - Similar Threads - Need help diagnosing

2. Need Help Diagnosing Driver Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help Diagnosing Driver Issues: Hi, I've been plagued by various BSODs. I've tried to troubleshoot them as much as I can on my own but there are persistent problems I can't figure out. After using the driver verifier I got a Driver Verifier Detected Violation BSOD... I've included the log files here,...
  3. Help diagnosing BSOD

Help diagnosing BSOD: Hello, I recently was hit with a BSOD and was hoping for some help in diagnosing the cause. I think it's a RAM/HDD issue but I'm not entirely sure. Here's the analysis from WinDbg Preview: Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address...
  4. BSOD's every other day, need help diagnosing

BSOD's every other day, need help diagnosing: Hey everyone. I have a computer that's been working great for a few years. I've been starting to get BSOD's that have been increasing in frequency over the past few months. I get one every other day now, usually page fault in non paged area and memory service exception. I...
  5. BSoD Diagnosing! Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD Diagnosing! Help!: My computer keeps BSoDing whenever I play games. In Metal Gear Solid V, I get freezes, which it normally doesn't happen, and in Civilization VI, it either freezes, and crashes, or BSoDs whenever I play after more than 30 minutes. I've gotten three different BSoDs;...
  6. Help me diagnose my bsod :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help me diagnose my bsod :: I know the problem is with hardware. I'm not sure which. I've tested my graphics card, processor, ram, replaced the motherboard, and ssd at this point. Here is the problem signature: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 124 Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2:...
  7. Need help diagnosing a BSOD freeze - Kemp Mode Heap Corruption

Need help diagnosing a BSOD freeze - Kemp Mode Heap Corruption: Hey folks, So I was loading into Destiny 2 with a friend and, as I went to join their fireteam, had my computer lock up and BSOD. It remained in that screen for about 10 minutes until I force restarted the computer. I have the dump file...
  8. Need help diagnosing BSOD Windows 10 x64

Need help diagnosing BSOD Windows 10 x64: Getting BSODs randomly. Attached dump from the latest here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq0O0R3FXTRQ4gKTN7Eb9flNKF-j Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-diagnosing-bsod-windows-10-x64/b68a0a7a-407e-4213-8f0a-fd22a6b22fee
  9. Help with diagnosing my BSOD

Help with diagnosing my BSOD: Hello, I have a new-ish (October 2018) Acer Nitro 5 laptop, 8gb ram, 256gb SSD, and it just blue-screened. Despite having minidumps enabled, no minidump was created. The error on the screen was "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT." Memory Diagnostic, CHKDSK, and SFC all yielded no errors....
  10. Need help diagnosing momentary freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help diagnosing momentary freezes: I am getting momentary freezes that I cannot figure out. The best way to explain it is the computer just stops randomly for a millisecond or so, then continues. This kills me during gaming, but still annoying just perusing the web. While scrolling down a page it will stop for...