Windows 10: Need some help regarding the camera of my device.

Discus and support Need some help regarding the camera of my device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Anik this side. I have faced a really weird thing on my Asus laptop. The latest version of Windows 10 with the latest drivers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anikroyale, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Need some help regarding the camera of my device.

Hi everyone, Anik this side.

I have faced a really weird thing on my Asus laptop. The latest version of Windows 10 with the latest drivers and updates installed. Quite a few days ago, the camera of my laptop stopped working. The camera "ON" indicator light started blinking and the camera app screen started flashing between two screens continuously "Camera is being used by another app" and "Couldn't find your camera". Some days later, the camera started working normally for a moment and then started showing the same thing. I suspected a hardware issue because the issue was still there even after reinstalling Windows and drivers.

But, since the last few days, the camera has been working normal and as expected. So, I stared using the laptop heavily and rigorously, carrying it all over to all the places I visited to see if something was wrong with the hardware or something was loose. But it still works normal.

So I need all of the people out here to enlighten me on what exactly is going on. Because I purchased a skin for my laptop and I am not willing to put it on before servicing my laptop if this is a hardware issue.

Thanks in advance,

Anik.

:)

Anikroyale, Feb 19, 2021

2. Enable built-in camera for Windows 10 HP 8470p

Hi,

We suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar and click on it in.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Hardware and Devices".
    • Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

For more information regarding camera, refer to the article below:

Camera app and webcams help

We also suggest to contact HP support for best help.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Need some help regarding the camera of my device.

Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Need some help regarding the camera of my device.

1. Need some help regarding the camera of my device. - Similar Threads - Need help regarding

2. Need help regarding drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help regarding drivers: So, I have a Sony Vaio laptop purhcase in the year 2012 with windows 8 by default and on 2019, it's hard disk failed. Now, I have purchased a new hdd and installed windows 10. But, I am struck in a tragedy. Neither Windows update install correct driver nor manufacturer have...
  3. I need some help regarding control panel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need some help regarding control panel.: Is there any way I can remove things from the control panel menu? Not to uninstall or delete them, but to hide them from the list. submitted by /u/manonfire493 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ls9a2q/i_need_some_help_regarding_control_panel/
  4. need help regarding this error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need help regarding this error: [ATTACH] can anyone help me with this error as i have no idea what cause it and have no idea on how to solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-regarding-this-error/2e3a6fd9-4e81-4a49-80ab-7bba78a05f7c
  5. DELETED CAMERA DEVICE AND NEED HELP RE-NSTALLING THE ACTUAL CAMERA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DELETED CAMERA DEVICE AND NEED HELP RE-NSTALLING THE ACTUAL CAMERA: I ACCIDENTLY DELETED MY CAMERA DEVICE TRYING TO CONNECT IT. I CANNOT FIND THE CAMERA OPTION IN DEVICE MANAGER EVEN AFTER I SELECT VIEW HIDDEN DEVICES. HOW DO I REINSTALL THE CAMERA?...
  6. I need some help with my Windows 10 device.

I need some help with my Windows 10 device.: My internet keeps disconnecting at random, not completely dysfunctional just disconnects whenever it feels like it. This happens mostly whenever I’m playing anything, or watching YouTube. It happened as soon as I got it, and with this it’s been almost impossible to use for...
  7. need some help regarding windows keys

need some help regarding windows keys: So i have a laptop which i use for school that currently has windows 10 education installed on it. I'm getting a new one soon and i was wondering if it was possible for me to restore the retail key which was originally on the current laptop and then apply my education key to...
  8. Need some help regarding system tray and taskbar

Need some help regarding system tray and taskbar: So I run two monitors and I would like to be able to see the system tray bar on both screens. From what I've read, that is not possible. Then I would like to at least be able to move my system tray to my second screen, while keeping it as my second screen. I know I could...
  9. Need Help regarding these problem

in Cortana
    Need Help regarding these problem: [ATTACH]Need Help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-regarding-these-problem/4753cd57-6f0e-462c-8761-fc1d35514bef"
  10. Moved from Windows 7 to 10 and need some help regarding some changes

Moved from Windows 7 to 10 and need some help regarding some changes: So I have finally made the switch, because I ran out of options. I have been able to deal with most of the stuff, but there is still some stuff going on that I don't know how to change (and If I can even change it). I am just gonna list them and if anyone can help me with any...