Windows 10: Need some help reviving an old PC

Discus and support Need some help reviving an old PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. My aunt asked me to give her laptop a once over because it wasn't 'working right'. Yeah, no kidding. Its slowed to an absolute crawl. Its been like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bigseb, Feb 15, 2021.

1. bigseb Win User

Need some help reviving an old PC

Hi. My aunt asked me to give her laptop a once over because it wasn't 'working right'. Yeah, no kidding. Its slowed to an absolute crawl. Its been like that for a long time apparently, she just never bothered doing anything about it.

I did the basics, uninstalled a lot of garbage, updated whatever I could, that sort of thing but it's still slow af. Not really sure haow to proceed. Any ideas what usually causes this sort of slowness? I thought maybe the AV but even jpegs take ove half a minute to open...

Help. TIA.

Windows 7
    Core i3
    4Gb

:)

bigseb, Feb 15, 2021

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Feb 15, 2021
  3. uday1966 Win User
    Revival of contacts

Please let me know where the contact list is saved and how it can be revived in the microsoft live.com account

uday1966, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Need some help reviving an old PC

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Need some help reviving an old PC

1. Need some help reviving an old PC - Similar Threads - Need help reviving

2. Need some help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help...: So I tried resetting a laptop that used to be my brother's. After it was all done it brought me to the login screen with the same User Account. I tried using the password associated with it and it gave me an error saying "the user profile service failed the sign-in." I found...
  3. Speeding up an old laptop - need some help please!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speeding up an old laptop - need some help please!: I have an old 2.4-GHz Intel Core i5-520M processor, 2GB of RAM Elitebook. I want to try and speed up the integrated GPU if possible. Besides a new SSD, is there some software out there that might help with FPS? It has a new copy of windows 10 on it with DX 12 - or if there is...
  4. Need some help with some icons

Need some help with some icons: [ATTACH] so, recently i customized my desktop using some feature that are inside windows 10 by default, and added custom things by making a background image using some 3D software now what i wanna figure out is, how i do LOCK the icons in place, and no i don't mean make...
  5. Need some helpful help

Need some helpful help: So I was trying to download an editing software, on my Window 10, but I couldn't install it because I was missing opencl.dll, but I found the opencl.dll in File Explorer, so i dragged it in the System32 file. But now i faced with a new problem. My new problem is "the...
  6. need some help

need some help: i have downloaded windows 10 for my mac (my mac is compatible as i have already checked) and i have got some folders that say (in order) - autorun.inf , boot , bootmgr , bootmgr.efi , efi , setpup.exe , sources , support . how do i launch windows 10? submitted by...
  7. Need some help with PC issues

Need some help with PC issues: So currently my PC won’t let me open a lot of applications, including file explorer. I get the following message “C:\programfiles (X86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\87.0.664.47\msedge.dll is either not designated to run or it contains an error I’ve also tried resetting my PC...
  8. Need some help :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some help :: Hi! I recently update my windows 10 and got this issue: Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182. I followed this question first:...
  9. I need some help with my PC.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need some help with my PC.: My PC has had this problem for little over a year. But it started out as a small amount, and not that noticeable. But recently my monitor has been going black, and flashing. Sometimes it completely turns off, and says something about the Resolution, and the Refresh Rate....
  10. Reviving Old Website from Office 365?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reviving Old Website from Office 365?: I left employment from a church where we used Office 365 to create the church's website (FlintBC.org - flintbaptistchurch.sharepoint.com). The church has called me and says they want me to look into restoring their website but when trying to log back in to Office 365, things...