Windows 10: Need some Help with CMD and .bat files

Discus and support Need some Help with CMD and .bat files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have .bat file thats in a folder in my desktop (location). When i open the bat file i need it to run in the folder that's it's located (in the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/raddlepad, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Need some Help with CMD and .bat files

I have .bat file thats in a folder in my desktop (location). When i open the bat file i need it to run in the folder that's it's located (in the folder thats on my desktop)

However, when i run the bat file it runs at the default location.

So isn't there anyway I can change this so that when i click on the bat file it will run in the folder script in the folder it is located in?

submitted by /u/raddlepad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/raddlepad, Mar 28, 2020

2. Help with a .bat file.

I have this .bat file that I've been messing around with:

Need some Help with CMD and .bat files [​IMG]

I got it to open the Windows Update interface:

Need some Help with CMD and .bat files [​IMG]

However, I need the .bat file to go a step further and auto click the Check for updates button circled in orange.

Can someone help me to finish editing the .bat file so that when I click the .bat file, the process of manually checking for Windows Updates becomes fully automated?

EyeInTheSky, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Kotabug Win User
    My Batch File(.bat) is no longer running CMD

My Batch File(.bat) is no longer running CMD and when i go and change the program and find CMD and or Command Prompt it says that the program that i chose cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another. I ran CMD with .bat file before, but
    now i can't. I there a solution to this, please?

Original Title: Set Associations

Kotabug, Mar 28, 2020
  4. orionsdad Win User

Need some Help with CMD and .bat files

running .bat or .cmd in Windows Mobile 6.1

Is there a way to run .bat or .cmd files in Windows mobile 6.1?

orionsdad, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Need some Help with CMD and .bat files

1. Need some Help with CMD and .bat files - Similar Threads - Need Help CMD

2. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help trying to undo a .bat file: Please help, I accidently installed the "Z590 Mystic Light" fix in the support section of ibuypower.com. The problem is I actually have a mag z390 tomahawk. When I enter windows+r and enter msinfo the baseboard product shows Z590 PRO wifi and now my mystic light software...
  3. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help trying to undo a .bat file: Please help, I accidently installed the "Z590 Mystic Light" fix in the support section of ibuypower.com. The problem is I actually have a mag z390 tomahawk. When I enter windows+r and enter msinfo the baseboard product shows Z590 PRO wifi and now my mystic light software...
  4. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat or Cmd file not running at login: This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located on my desktop and if I double click on it, either one it executes as expected and maps the drives. 1st approach was a...
  6. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat or Cmd file not running at login: This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located on my desktop and if I double click on it, either one it executes as expected and maps the drives. 1st approach was a...
  7. Need help with some cmd language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with some cmd language: Hi guys, I have a client to request us to add a function like "delete" in the right click menu, so they can right click to move files to a certain folder. I am able to add the function to the right click menu See the picture, but my script of the function is not working.Could...
  8. Pin .cmd/bat files to taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin .cmd/bat files to taskbar: Some UWP apps look very out of place on my taskbar and I wanted to change the icons. The only way I found looking instead of editing in MS Visual Studio was to make a run command and that opens the app. However, I can't pin it to the taskbar. I tried .bat but that didn't work...
  9. Executing a .bat file on CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    Executing a .bat file on CMD: Hello all, For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter, the message below is expected to show up: Setting up environment for Qt usage... It happened a time and when we wanted to...
  10. Help with a .bat file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with a .bat file.: I have this .bat file that I've been messing around with: [img] I got it to open the Windows Update interface: [img] However, I need the .bat file to go a step further and auto click the Check for updates button circled in orange. Can someone help me to finish...