Windows 10: Need some help with my computer because I cannot factory reset

Discus and support Need some help with my computer because I cannot factory reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime I try to factory reset my computer it gets to about 60 percent then says “undoing changes” then sends me back to the advanced recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I-am-ARIES, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Need some help with my computer because I cannot factory reset

Everytime I try to factory reset my computer it gets to about 60 percent then says “undoing changes” then sends me back to the advanced recovery screen. If someone could help with with this problem it would be much appreciated. Thanks

submitted by /u/I-am-ARIES
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/I-am-ARIES, Dec 3, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 3, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Need some help with my computer because I cannot factory reset

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Need some help with my computer because I cannot factory reset

1. Need some help with my computer because I cannot factory reset - Similar Threads - Need help computer

2. i need help factory resetting windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help factory resetting windows: i need help with factory resetting windows 11 laptop, when i try to factory reset it it gives me an error when i try to what can i do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-factory-resetting-windows/7eab709d-3b4f-443b-a2a4-567214524a11
  3. i need help factory resetting windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help factory resetting windows: i need help with factory resetting windows 11 laptop, when i try to factory reset it it gives me an error when i try to what can i do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-factory-resetting-windows/7eab709d-3b4f-443b-a2a4-567214524a11
  4. I need some help with my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need some help with my computer: I need some help with my computerI didnt know where to post this since all the computer reddit communitys dont have many people but i just checking my temp folder for the first time and i came across theseevery where says they are meant to be there but i just want to confirm...
  5. I need some help with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with my computer: I need some help with my computerI didnt know where to post this since all the computer reddit communitys dont have many people but i just checking my temp folder for the first time and i came across theseevery where says they are meant to be there but i just want to confirm...
  6. I need some help with my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Factory resetting my windows but I need some help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory resetting my windows but I need some help: So I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff at all, and don't ask why but I'm completely resetting my pc. I'm just wondering, from doing the method that cleans my drive completely and erases all my data, I'm pretty sure I have to download my driver's again right? My pc is...
  8. need help factory resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help factory resetting my pc: Earlier today, i decided to reset my pc. I it go for an hour. I noticed it was stuck on 35% but the circle was still spinning. i shut my pc down and then tried to reset it again,. when i tried, it said problem resetting yourpc, no changes made. Anyone have any ideas on how to...
  9. Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.: I really dont know where to begin but basically i was trying to hard reset my computer The computer is the Steammachine and it gave me an error that i cannot restart my computer because of an error. I do have a prompt telling me that windows resource protection found corrupt...
  10. Need help to factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to factory reset: Hi my laptop today for some random reason crashed. When i try to turn it back on it constantly gives me the blue screen error message. When i try to factory reset it, it gives me a message saying not enough storage space. I've tried every single reset option none of them...