Windows 10: Need some storage place

Discus and support Need some storage place in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Forum, I spent many hours to have subtitled some movies, now I am short of space on my disks. I was looking on the web for some free space,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Need some storage place

Hello Forum,
    I spent many hours to have subtitled some movies, now I am short of space on my disks. I was looking on the web for some free space, found some. There is also on my pc something named "One drive" - dont know what it is or how to use it.
    My questions are: Can you recomend some 'places', do I have to install some programs for, and in general - how does it work.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Nov 10, 2016

2. Copy messages from PC to Phone (N97)

Some help needed here too!

I can only change storage place for sent messages.

I can only set number of stored messages for sent messages.

Does anyone know how to do these for inbox messages too?

Thanks in advance!

uhura---01, Nov 10, 2016
  3. I cannot change the install location for the App Store

Hi Aaron,

Based on the information that you have provided us, the application needs to be installed on a system drive. If the C: drive is your computer's system drive, it's the only place where you can install the application. Although some apps can be installed on
    a storage drive, some apps do require to be installed on the system drive, such as the app that you are trying to install.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Nov 10, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Need some storage place

Motim

You need to create a Microsoft Account....which you can do in Settings, then Accounts.

dencal, Nov 10, 2016
  5. pepanee Win User
    Search on a search engine (such as Bing) for: Free Online Storage

Here's one that I like: MediaFire (10 GB account free)

No you do not usually need to install any software for online storage. All you need is an account name and password that you used to sign up for to log in, and use their site to upload files there, no external software.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Need some storage place

1. Need some storage place - Similar Threads - Need storage place

2. Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.: Hello, I have pinned some software to taskbar. When I click one icon, it open the software in the same place in taskbar, but some are in a new place.For example, I clicked the chrome icon in taskbar, it opened in a new place at the right of the taskbar, but when I click the...
  3. Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.: Hello, I have pinned some software to taskbar. When I click one icon, it open the software in the same place in taskbar, but some are in a new place.For example, I clicked the chrome icon in taskbar, it opened in a new place at the right of the taskbar, but when I click the...
  4. Need some help with some icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with some icons: [ATTACH] so, recently i customized my desktop using some feature that are inside windows 10 by default, and added custom things by making a background image using some 3D software now what i wanna figure out is, how i do LOCK the icons in place, and no i don't mean make...
  5. External SSD appears in some places but is completely inaccessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External SSD appears in some places but is completely inaccessible: For some reason when i plug my SSD in, it has very strange properties. it does not appear in file explorer it does not appear in disk management it does not appear in diskpart however it *does* appear in device manager under disk drives. I'm willing to try really anything...
  6. Nimi Places Help Needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nimi Places Help Needed: So I created a "Place" which contained weblinks, tried to open them and the places froze. I deleted the places from the notification area but they won't disappear from my desktop screen. It won't let me move them around or edit them anymore. submitted by...
  7. STORAGE PLACES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    STORAGE PLACES: I tried to add a WD 1TB external hard drive but keep getting an error message "Can't prepare drives - close all applications that are accessing the drive." What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-places/5fbd2eac-c27b-43ce-bd19-89b25d1fbffb"
  8. Cant click on some places

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant click on some places: Hello, I have this laptop since 2012, This laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 in 2018 by my mom even though this laptop is for windows 7. (My windows isn't activated for some reason and cannot activate when i tried to.) They formatted it and everything, and after i use it...
  9. storage space needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage space needed: help!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-needed/bcaf8037-b6bc-4346-a367-ae060f10fa59
  10. Foreign language appears in some places

in Windows 10 Support
    Foreign language appears in some places: I don't think the title is correctly put but the screenshot I posted would hopefully explain what i really mean. Such problem appear in couple of other places but i couldn't find it the time i was writing this. Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated. [img] 41733