Windows 10: Need someone with old Intel GMA 4500MHD to do a test

Discus and support Need someone with old Intel GMA 4500MHD to do a test in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; You would also need one of those USB video adapters to do this test Issue: I have a really old machine with an Intel Mobile GM45 Express chipset and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by hsehestedt, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Need someone with old Intel GMA 4500MHD to do a test

You would also need one of those USB video adapters to do this test

Issue:

I have a really old machine with an Intel Mobile GM45 Express chipset and Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics. I use it headless as a simple NAS box and offload a few other tasks to it now and again.

Starting with Windows 10 1809, I could no longer remote desktop to the system - I would just get a black screen. I was able to work around it by simply changing the display driver to the genric Windows display driver. Unfortunately, with Windows 10 1903, that workaround no longer works.

The bottom line is that even though Windows remote desktop uses its own display driver, it still seems to have dependancies upon the installed display driver.

The test:

I can't help but wonder what would happen if one of those USB display adapters were plugged into this system. I'm wondering if anyone with an old system like this who also has a USB display adapter could try plugging one of these into that system, install the drivers, then try to remote desktop to it. It might take a couple of tweaks like disabling the on-bord video temporarily, etc. If that works, it would be an inexpensive way for me to get that system back into service.

:)

hsehestedt, Sep 24, 2019

2. Need someone with old Intel GMA 4500MHD to do a test

You would also need one of those USB video adapters to do this test

Issue:

I have a really old machine with an Intel Mobile GM45 Express chipset and Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics. I use it headless as a simple NAS box and offload a few other tasks to it now and again.

Starting with Windows 10 1809, I could no longer remote desktop to the system - I would just get a black screen. I was able to work around it by simply changing the display driver to the genric Windows display driver. Unfortunately, with Windows 10 1903, that workaround no longer works.

The bottom line is that even though Windows remote desktop uses its own display driver, it still seems to have dependancies upon the installed display driver.

The test:

I can't help but wonder what would happen if one of those USB display adapters were plugged into this system. I'm wondering if anyone with an old system like this who also has a USB display adapter could try plugging one of these into that system, install the drivers, then try to remote desktop to it. It might take a couple of tweaks like disabling the on-bord video temporarily, etc. If that works, it would be an inexpensive way for me to get that system back into service.

hsehestedt, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Intel GMA 4500MHD - 123MB?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if there is a dedicated thread for this series or if there is a dedicated questions forum. Please move accordingly.

Anyway, This is my issue. I have a rather old Card. But my laptop is a decent little box and Is still in great condition, and works superbly. I really want to know what's up with this graphics card. One of the reasons I bought this laptop is because the sticker said that it had 1695MB of Memory for the video card. And now when I play games it's telling me that I have 123MB of video memory.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, with the Intel GMA 4500MHD Card. Please tell me any workarounds, Custom Drivers, BIOS upgrades, Overclocking methods. Something, This is all I have and My Wii isn't capable of anything good, and is also getting quite outdated. TIA

P.S The Laptop is a Acer ASPIRE 6930, not the G for any possible BIOS workarounds.

WhiteZombie013, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Need someone with old Intel GMA 4500MHD to do a test

brightness problem

acer aspire 5736Z intel gma 4500mhd brightness

NasirUddin4, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Need someone with old Intel GMA 4500MHD to do a test

1. Need someone with old Intel GMA 4500MHD to do a test - Similar Threads - Need someone old

2. Old computer for someone in need NO hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old computer for someone in need NO hardware change: Hi all, I'm trying to get someone on low income up to speed with a legit copy of 10. His old laptop started with Vista OEM + free 7 upgrade presuming also OEM. NO HARDWARE CHANGE HAPPENED. Upgraded to 10 for free but did not connect MS account. Then switched to Linux....
  3. Intel GMA 3600 Windows 10 32bit Driver available date?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel GMA 3600 Windows 10 32bit Driver available date?: i need Intel GMA 3600 Windows 10 32bit Driver for my note book asus eee pc. please tell me when it's maybe available for us. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-gma-3600-windows-10-32bit-driver-available/7ea99df9-cb3e-4baf-9daa-14da8bde2716
  4. Working driver for Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Working driver for Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD on Windows 10: Hi guys, I want to share with you a working drivers for Intel GMA 4500MHD on Windows 10 2004 - Drivers Intel GMA 4500/4500MHD/X4500/X4500HD 15.17.17.64.2413 WHQL Unpack with winrar/7zip and set compatibility mode on the Setup.exe for Windows 7 and install it. Support OpenGL...
  5. [HELP] Flickering screen after Intel GMA was installed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Flickering screen after Intel GMA was installed.: Long story short, started having this problem on my pc and I did a fresh windows 10 install, proper drivers, and I noticed this problem reappeared after Intel Gma drivers were installed. How should I fix this? Thanks. submitted by /u/ZIELSZIEK [link] [comments]...
  6. Intel GMA 3100 windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel GMA 3100 windows 10: Can intel GMA 3100 run the 1903 update of windows 10 smoothly. And what about the browser's chrome or firefox lagging so much windows 10 1903 update is also lagging so much Here is my pc configuration ----------------- System Information ------------------ Time of this...
  7. Intel GMA 3600 Windows 10 32bit Driver

Intel GMA 3600 Windows 10 32bit Driver: Is there a Windows 10 32bit driver for Intel GMA 3600? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-gma-3600-windows-10-32bit-driver/1a0934c5-f230-475b-8d46-4279b69602c3
  8. Intel GMA 3150 device driver not working on Windows 10

Intel GMA 3150 device driver not working on Windows 10: My PC got frozen after instaling Intel GMA 3150 device driver on Windows 10 April 2018 update. Older build never do this problem before. Please help....
  9. BSOD during Automatic System Maintenance process with Intel GMA 965

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during Automatic System Maintenance process with Intel GMA 965: Hi,recently i installed Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop Compaq Presario c700 with an Intel Celeron M530 and Intel GMA 965 express graphics card,when the laptop is idle and my screen turns off after 5 minutes,the Automatic System Maintenance starts right away,and for the limited...
  10. Intel GMA Drivers

Intel GMA Drivers: Hi all, Is anyone else (or everyone else) have an issue with dual-monitor setups as far as resolutions are concerned? I am an AV engineer and programmer and I had my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro hooked up to a Crestron DigitalMedia video system, which is really some of the best...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Intel gma 4500 mhd game test