Windows 10: Need Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version installation

Discus and support Need Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Need steps to sequence,of priorities DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 full version installation onto same hardware the software belongs to. Windows Home Full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OrbSmirk, Dec 15, 2019.

1. OrbSmirk Win User

Need Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version installation

Need steps to sequence,of priorities DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 full version installation onto same hardware the software belongs to.

Windows Home Full Version USB updated to 1903.

I had installed the Win10 home using the gpt choice for from the instalation routine,and selected UEFI boot.However when the op.sys.came up,as seen from Win10 drive utility,the SSD had been formated with NTFS partitions.Thus ignoring what was seen for/from the instation routine.

With the messages within system information(mobile platform for example),I had ordered and installed a TPM of the mb manufacturer.And for the reason that perhaps the USB win10 might have been corrupt.I went and purchased a second USB Win10 home Full version.:

->System Information.
    "Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected"
    There were several 'unknown' items within the Device Manager,which I 'assume were vanquished with the first Windows Update.

Installing a TPM,then attempting the same instalation routine.However again doing the UEFI boot for/from BIOS/UEFI.Did the same again. With drives formatted with NTFS.

Haven't attempted anything further.The machine takes a minute(1 min.) from power up before anything happens.There is first a boot up screen denoting Intels PXE,with a boot menu(only UEFI option is choosing 'network boot'.).Then the SuperMicro Screen which has several options,but alas winds up to a 'legacy boot'. 1 min. 41 sec. total till Win 10 login screen.

Haven't done anything since 2 try at installation of Win10 home.Have read need to boot the USB in UEFI mode. And need a 'UEFI bootable disk'. Which I assume is the Win10 home installation USB disk.Either a setting in the BIOS(UEFI USB for example),a specific format for the USB disk (as UEFI format recovery,or created .ISO) - or,a choice within the actual Win10 Installation routine.Or all of them. As this question looms within
    during installation prompts somewhere I didn't see with a 'clean..new installation try from the Full Version Win10 Home USB disk.As I did 'boot USB with UEFI,secure boot,CSM disabled.

Don't know what state the machine is in -a Intel PXE is still seen as a second boot screen,for some reason ,for example.But Boot up at 1 min. 40 secs.as well seeing that my desktop computer has a 'mobile role' shows a little grief.

Reason haven't done this TPM clearing is,that :

A.Want UEFI boot to the new SSD.
    B.Require gpt file system
    C.Require TPM installation.
    D.Require steps within Installation of Win10 to correctly implement proper op.sys. installation.UEFI,GPT,TPM. - when installing must do each somehow at correct PRECICE step.At some
    interval within op.sys.software installation.
    ..and identify the BIOS/UEFI controls to do so.If/when changing to UEFI.There is no further prompt
    of choosing a 'boot'device.:within the installation of windows 10.As seen within Bios.After choosing UEFI boot.And changing CSM.
    Example of doing the.. "Boot USB in UEFI mode" to be self explanatory.Is not.And then at what step is a 'cleared TPM,a 'happy Win10 installation ? While the legacy situation I have works,doesn't seem to be acceptable to me. With System Information stats,and 1 min. 40 sec. boot using SSD.
    A few ephemeral DIY true /false qs:
    I.You need a "Microsoft Account'to take advantage of UEFI/TPM/GPT boot ? And/or you can make a 'local account'to utilize the technologies ?
    II.You have to have a TPM to have a UEFI boot usage ?
    III.You have to have an encrypted drive in order to boot with UEFI ?
    - Win10 home does not 'have bitlocker'.Only Win10 pro,and others have bitlocker.
    IV.You can use either TPM -C (clien't) or non client TPMs for UEFI boot.?

- In the past using a 'domain network',or 'network boot' is not the network scenario configured
    for a home non-server pc.
    V.You must have a wired (NIC) connected computer in order to implement a session of configuring a TPM.?

- I certainly don't have a mobile pc.Only have wi-fi.
    Look,no wires.
    VI.Once using mbr2gpt.You must boot into UEFI ?.With a 'cleared TPM',if going
    to use it.?
    I have put together only a couple PCs as DIY endeavers in past 10 years.Both with early single CPUs,one AMD,and one Intel.None of the newer 'security technologies'were part of the instalation. I don't know a lot of command line finess.
    The MB has been in the closet since late 2016,and this year Nov 2019 I have just put together the Z170 mb.
    Build info:
    Motherboard: SuperMicro C7Z170-M
    Pwr: EVGA 650 GQ Gold
    CPU: i3-7100 (Kaby Lake with updated bios from G3900 Celeron)
    Memory: 16 GB corsair Vengence 2100 Mhz
    Hardrive(M.2): Samsung 970 pro plus 500gb.
    :Western Digital Blue Sata 500gb
    Case: Antec 3000
    Display: Dell DVI @ 1280x1024

Opsystem:Win10 Home Edition
    Try 1..recent 2019 Win10 Home
    Try 2..2017 Win10 Home
    and presently shows c2019.

Microsoft should implement the routine,and prompts. Its installlation of windows on the full version DIY versions for the security technologies.UEFI,TPM,GPT,USBUEFI for same sequence.
    So I need the steps to maximize the included modern boot/security with a DIY Win10 'clean' install (Win10 USB full version USB).Between them,and along with available BIOS/UEFI options with sequence steps.Preferably w/o bricking the build.Note I might have included between A..D to be A..to E. . With A. being to 'clear the cmos'.
    Also noteNeed Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version installation :present boot up. There is 4 singular beeps.After a silent 40 seconds and no screen. With a final 'beep'.With first 4 in quick procession,after a minute. There is some discretion in deciding what these mean,when at first I thought was a memory trouble.But was booting with 'found drives'. One beep would be fine for me,and I don't know reason the Intel PXE boot screen comes up,with only an option to boot into UEFI utilizing a 'network boot'(maybe a messed up Bios update routine,or,messed up Win10 UEFI installation attempt.).

Who's doing the counting ? Disk 0,Disk 1 :

DiskPart,MBR2gpt

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.476]
    (c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>mbr2gpt /allowfullos /validate
    MBR2GPT: Attempting to validate disk 1
    MBR2GPT: Retrieving layout of disk
    MBR2GPT: Validating layout, disk sector size is: 512 bytes
    MBR2GPT: Validation completed successfully

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

----------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\system32>mbr2gpt /allowfullos /validate /disk:0
    MBR2GPT: Attempting to validate disk 0
    Disk layout validation failed for disk 0

C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.18362.1

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.
    On computer: DESKTOP-NL6VFL1

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
    -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
    Disk 0 Online 465 GB 1024 KB
    Disk 1 Online 465 GB 1024 KB

DISKPART>

'Properties within "Disk Management " shows
    Disk '0' as the WD disk drive
    Disk '1' as the Samsung 970 evo SSD .

The SuperMicro MB has some software options,within SuperDoctor a program utilizing Internet to show performance of computer. I had used it with the first installation complete,but the second detailed that the user had quit the program.As I did following a 'sms' is not installed prompt.Course AFTER I had did this the installation routine said SMS.exe was fine.Although Superdoctor would not work,and I uninstalled the program.
    SuperMicro has a lot of 'network'savy lingo,I don't know anything about and usually don't traverse those directions when possible. Wanting only a conclusive 'desktop' to work.
    I'd like also to know about 'being online,or 'Internet connected',while 'clearing TPM'. Microsoft probably wouldn't have a problem renaming it(The TPM).But I probably would.
    Certainly all of different installation scenarios refering to UEFI,GPT,TPM,Win10 installation have been seen.But
    I need steps to sequence,of priorities DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 full version installation onto same hardware the software belongs to. Would like to do this with the present install.However re-doing an install is exactly possible.There is a setting within the cz170-m bios to utilize the TPM,to 'only TPM 2'specs.I need both compatible,and operable.With favorable 'attestation'. I read that Microsoft suggests doing this within Windows,NOT within the BIOS/UEFI. BTW I've seen much older computers with larger BIOS 'version'number than what I see for/from SuperMicro.Updated bios,so Im wondering the relevency of the Microsoft 2.3 'bios standard,verses the TPM version #.I can run Kaby lake cpus.However I have left the reserve BIOS cmos as the same following updating it.Showing Version 2.2.

Doing this correctly is most likely only a few motions which I am looking for.

:)

OrbSmirk, Dec 15, 2019
  2. OrbSmirk Win User

Need Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version instalation

Need steps to sequence,of priorities DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 full version installation onto same hardware the software belongs to.

Windows Home Full Version USB updated to 1903.

I had installed the Win10 home using the gpt choice for from the instalation routine,and selected UEFI boot.However when the op.sys.came up,as seen from Win10 drive utility,the SSD had been formated with NTFS partitions.Thus ignoring what was seen for/from the instation routine.

With the messages within system information(mobile platform for example),I had ordered and installed a TPM of the mb manufacturer.And for the reason that perhaps the USB win10 might have been corrupt.I went and purchased a second USB Win10 home Full version.:

->System Information.
    "Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected"
    There were several 'unknown' items within the Device Manager,which I 'assume were vanquished with the first Windows Update.

Installing a TPM,then attempting the same instalation routine.However again doing the UEFI boot for/from BIOS/UEFI.Did the same again. With drives formatted with NTFS.

Haven't attempted anything further.The machine takes a minute(1 min.) from power up before anything happens.There is first a boot up screen denoting Intels PXE,with a boot menu(only UEFI option is choosing 'network boot'.).Then the SuperMicro Screen which has several options,but alas winds up to a 'legacy boot'. 1 min. 41 sec. total till Win 10 login screen.

Haven't done anything since 2 try at installation of Win10 home.Have read need to boot the USB in UEFI mode. And need a 'UEFI bootable disk'. Which I assume is the Win10 home installation USB disk.Either a setting in the BIOS(UEFI USB for example),a specific format for the USB disk (as UEFI format recovery,or created .ISO) - or,a choice within the actual Win10 Installation routine.Or all of them. As this question looms within
    during installation prompts somewhere I didn't see with a 'clean..new installation try from the Full Version Win10 Home USB disk.As I did 'boot USB with UEFI,secure boot,CSM disabled.

Don't know what state the machine is in -a Intel PXE is still seen as a second boot screen,for some reason ,for example.But Boot up at 1 min. 40 secs.as well seeing that my desktop computer has a 'mobile role' shows a little grief.

Reason haven't done this TPM clearing is,that :

A.Want UEFI boot to the new SSD.
    B.Require gpt file system
    C.Require TPM installation.
    D.Require steps within Installation of Win10 to correctly implement proper op.sys. installation.UEFI,GPT,TPM. - when installing must do each somehow at correct PRECICE step.At some
    interval within op.sys.software installation.
    ..and identify the BIOS/UEFI controls to do so.If/when changing to UEFI.There is no further prompt
    of choosing a 'boot'device.:within the installation of windows 10.As seen within Bios.After choosing UEFI boot.And changing CSM.
    Example of doing the.. "Boot USB in UEFI mode" to be self explanatory.Is not.And then at what step is a 'cleared TPM,a 'happy Win10 installation ? While the legacy situation I have works,doesn't seem to be acceptable to me. With System Information stats,and 1 min. 40 sec. boot using SSD.
    A few ephemeral DIY true /false qs:
    I.You need a "Microsoft Account'to take advantage of UEFI/TPM/GPT boot ? And/or you can make a 'local account'to utilize the technologies ?
    II.You have to have a TPM to have a UEFI boot usage ?
    III.You have to have an encrypted drive in order to boot with UEFI ?
    - Win10 home does not 'have bitlocker'.Only Win10 pro,and others have bitlocker.
    IV.You can use either TPM -C (clien't) or non client TPMs for UEFI boot.?

- In the past using a 'domain network',or 'network boot' is not the network scenario configured
    for a home non-server pc.
    V.You must have a wired (NIC) connected computer in order to implement a session of configuring a TPM.?

- I certainly don't have a mobile pc.Only have wi-fi.
    Look,no wires.
    VI.Once using mbr2gpt.You must boot into UEFI ?.With a 'cleared TPM',if going
    to use it.?
    I have put together only a couple PCs as DIY endeavers in past 10 years.Both with early single CPUs,one AMD,and one Intel.None of the newer 'security technologies'were part of the instalation. I don't know a lot of command line finess.
    The MB has been in the closet since late 2016,and this year Nov 2019 I have just put together the Z170 mb.
    Build info:
    Motherboard: SuperMicro C7Z170-M
    Pwr: EVGA 650 GQ Gold
    CPU: i3-7100 (Kaby Lake with updated bios from G3900 Celeron)
    Memory: 16 GB corsair Vengence 2100 Mhz
    Hardrive(M.2): Samsung 970 pro plus 500gb.
    :Western Digital Blue Sata 500gb
    Case: Antec 3000
    Display: Dell DVI @ 1280x1024

Opsystem:Win10 Home Edition
    Try 1..recent 2019 Win10 Home
    Try 2..2017 Win10 Home
    and presently shows c2019.

Microsoft should implement the routine,and prompts. Its installlation of windows on the full version DIY versions for the security technologies.UEFI,TPM,GPT,USBUEFI for same sequence.
    So I need the steps to maximize the included modern boot/security with a DIY Win10 'clean' install (Win10 USB full version USB).Between them,and along with available BIOS/UEFI options with sequence steps.Preferably w/o bricking the build.Note I might have included between A..D to be A..to E. . With A. being to 'clear the cmos'.
    Also noteNeed Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version installation :present boot up. There is 4 singular beeps.After a silent 40 seconds and no screen. With a final 'beep'.With first 4 in quick procession,after a minute. There is some discretion in deciding what these mean,when at first I thought was a memory trouble.But was booting with 'found drives'. One beep would be fine for me,and I don't know reason the Intel PXE boot screen comes up,with only an option to boot into UEFI utilizing a 'network boot'(maybe a messed up Bios update routine,or,messed up Win10 UEFI installation attempt.).

Who's doing the counting ? Disk 0,Disk 1 :

DiskPart,MBR2gpt

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.476]
    (c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>mbr2gpt /allowfullos /validate
    MBR2GPT: Attempting to validate disk 1
    MBR2GPT: Validation completed successfully

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

----------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\system32>mbr2gpt /allowfullos /validate /disk:0
    MBR2GPT: Attempting to validate disk 0
    Disk layout validation failed for disk 0

C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.18362.1

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.
    On computer: DESKTOP-NL6VFL1

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
    -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
    Disk 0 Online 465 GB 1024 KB
    Disk 1 Online 465 GB 1024 KB

DISKPART>

'Properties within "Disk Management " shows
    Disk '0' as the WD disk drive
    Disk '1' as the Samsung 970 evo SSD .

The SuperMicro MB has some software options,within SuperDoctor a program utilizing Internet to show performance of computer. I had used it with the first installation complete,but the second detailed that the user had quit the program.As I did following a 'sms' is not installed prompt.Course AFTER I had did this the installation routine said SMS.exe was fine.Although Superdoctor would not work,and I uninstalled the program.
    SuperMicro has a lot of 'network'savy lingo,I don't know anything about and usually don't traverse those directions when possible. Wanting only a conclusive 'desktop' to work.
    I'd like also to know about 'being online,or 'Internet connected',while 'clearing TPM'. Microsoft probably wouldn't have a problem renaming it(The TPM).But I probably would.
    Certainly all of different installation scenarios refering to UEFI,GPT,TPM,Win10 installation have been seen.But
    I need steps to sequence,of priorities DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 full version installation onto same hardware the software belongs to. Would like to do this with the present install.However re-doing an install is exactly possible.There is a setting within the cz170-m bios to utilize the TPM,to 'only TPM 2'specs.I need both compatible,and operable.With favorable 'attestation'. I read that Microsoft suggests doing this within Windows,NOT within the BIOS/UEFI. BTW I've seen much older computers with larger BIOS 'version'number than what I see for/from SuperMicro.Updated bios,so Im wondering the relevency of the Microsoft 2.3 'bios standard,verses the TPM version #.I can run Kaby lake cpus.However I have left the reserve BIOS cmos as the same following updating it.Showing Version 2.2.

Doing this correctly is most likely only a few motions which I am looking for.

OrbSmirk, Dec 15, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Need Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version instalation

Well, I just boot from the USB flash drive in UEFI mode. When the very first option screen comes up, I press shift + F10. Run:
    diskpart
    sel dis 0
    clean
    exit
    exit

Then go through and select the custom install option. Disk 0 will be listed as unallocated space. Highlight that, and click next. When the notification comes up that the computer will reboot in 10 seconds, pull out the flash drive and let the computer reboot.

NavyLCDR, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Need Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version installation

GPT vs MBR for SSD OS Disk ? (win7 install)

So

I've got a new PC coming and this time it's the first time I will be using UEFI, i have read all the big stuff but I don't have the hardware yet so It's still kind of half baked but I'll do dig deep into it once I start building in the coming days.

I've read the win7 install guides, MS GPT FAQs (not fully yet), etc,

But I wish to know if:

I can use UEFI as an upgraded bios without having to use GPT disk format?

GPT disks can have any sort of partition cloning for full operational OS backup ?

Will GPT format improve performance on SDD or improve reliability in terms of data integrity or error rate?

When isntalling win7 with MBR but using UEFI, will it work normally without needing to uefi-boot the window7 install?

If I cannot backup my OS in a 100% clone that will boot normally when recovered, i will probably not use GPT, that shit is a step backward.

RuskiSnajper, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Need Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version installation

1. Need Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version installation - Similar Threads - Need Steps DIY

2. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt: For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secureboot-unsupported-with-uefi-and-gpt/4ecbea94-66a5-4900-8727-902125e0b6df
  3. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt: For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secureboot-unsupported-with-uefi-and-gpt/4ecbea94-66a5-4900-8727-902125e0b6df
  4. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. BSOD on boot when TPM is enabled (after migration to GPT/UEFI)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on boot when TPM is enabled (after migration to GPT/UEFI): Hi - I wonder if anyone can help with this issue. Everything was working OK on my machine, and I had TPM enabled in BIOS. However my PC was not running in UEFI mode and my HDD was still using MBR and not GPT. I decided therefore to use mbr2gpt process to convert disk to GPT...
  6. Need Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version instalation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Steps for DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 home full version instalation: Need steps to sequence,of priorities DIY,UEFI,GPT,TPM Win10 full version installation onto same hardware the software belongs to. Windows Home Full Version USB updated to 1903. I had installed the Win10 home using the gpt choice for from the instalation routine,and selected...
  7. drive needs to be formatted as GPT but BIOS is legacy and not UEFI

drive needs to be formatted as GPT but BIOS is legacy and not UEFI: I'm basically having a similar issue where I'm trying install a clean W10 onto my previous SSD and Win10 does see the drives and starts loading but stops whiting a few seconds stating that my drive needs to be formatted as GPT but BIOS is legacy and not UEFI. Perform Diskpart...
  8. installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build

installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build: trying to install a UEFI/GPT setup, but keep getting "unauthorised changes on firmware/OS or UEFI drivers" message. When i disable CSM/UEFI in BIOS it works but I cant seem to get the installer to create the extra three partitions for a proper install, only one. 120137
  9. Win10 repair install with a MBR USB stick while C: is GPT (UEFI)

Win10 repair install with a MBR USB stick while C: is GPT (UEFI): My C: is GPT, running fully in UEFI mode, I believe. This is Intel NUC6i5SYK. I'm trying to do a repair install. So I tried making the Win10 bootable USB with Rufus (and Windows USB Download Tool). Only making it in MBR it boots. If GPT, it doesn't boot. 1) If I repair...
  10. install using gpt, uefi required?!?

install using gpt, uefi required?!?: is there any possibility to install w10 using gpt on and old pc without uefi?!? thanks 52181