Windows 10: Need suggested tutorials to correctly setup network sharing

Discus and support Need suggested tutorials to correctly setup network sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What tutorials do you suggest I utilize for the following? I want to setup on my home network with full access to anybody that is attached to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jgt1942, Mar 22, 2016.

1. jgt1942 Win User

Need suggested tutorials to correctly setup network sharing

What tutorials do you suggest I utilize for the following?
    I want to setup on my home network with full access to anybody that is attached to my network (wired or wireless). I'm not worried about somebody driving down the street and making a wireless connection to my network. I think I have that well protected but I'm open for suggestions. If somebody attaches to my wireless network (I will have to give them the key) or they plug into the Ethernet then I want them to have full access to any of my shared drives without jumping through hoops. Entering the wireless password and mapping the drive is all that I want them to do. I'm totally open for suggestions and guidance. I looked through the tutorial index, but I have no idea which I should utilize.

I currently have one desktop and three laptops, all systems are running Win10 pro 10586.164. I've shared several drives on my desktop with full permissions. After upgrading to Win10 10586.164 one laptop can access all the shared drives and has full permissions. The other two laptops get an access error when they attempt to access any drive on the desktop (I get "You do not have permissions to access (drive). Contact your network administrator to request access.) I've spent hours searching for a solution and nothing I found helped.

My desktop has a clean install of Win10 with the upgrade to 10586.164. The three laptops are upgrades from Win8 to Win 8.1 to Win10 (early versions) to Win10 10586.164. I've been avoiding the clean install on my laptops just because of the large number of applications I have installed on them. I'm still working on the application reinstalls on my desktop having encountered various super time consuming issues.

Suggestions and guidance would be appreciated.

:)

jgt1942, Mar 22, 2016
  2. bkly11 Win User

Gallery Photo sharing feature not supported on Nokia N8-00 Belle (Product code - 0599255)

Did you setup social account in N8? It need to be setup in pre-installed social app in N8, & make sure time is set correctly in your phone. Sharing to social network that included in this pre-installed social app should be works fine if turn on internet
    connection in phone.

Hope this helps you.

bkly11, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Networking

Hello. This is a great feature of WM. You need no special software. Just make sure you have the WIFI network setup correctly with file sharing. In File Explorer on your phone, type the UNC path which is \\computername\fileshare

The computer name can be found in the "system" information. The file share must be the complete path to the shared file or folder you want to access.

Resourceful, Mar 22, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Mar 22, 2016
  5. jgt1942 Win User
    I've somewhat resolved the issue but not really sure what the heck I did. On one of systems I performed a clean install of Win10 and this resolved several issues for me. Originally I had Win7, then upgraded to Win 8, then Win 8.1 and then Win10. All the networking connections work when I had Win8.1 on my laptops and desktop. It also worked when all the laptops had Win10 and the desktop had Win8.1 I was not able to install the Win10 update on the desktop due to OS errors. Because of this I did a clean install of Win10 on the desktop at this point I encountered several networking issues. I'll review the link you suggested and see if I did something wrong. It is highly likely that I did do something wrong. Tks!

jgt1942, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need suggested tutorials to correctly setup network sharing - Similar Threads - Need suggested tutorials

2. Sharing a Taskbar Suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing a Taskbar Suggestion: Certainly, things are subjective but maybe I am not the only one who finds or may find this appealing. I find the default taskbar detracts from the nice wallpapers or photos on my desktops.I like having a taskbar that its colour follows that of a particular or specific...
  3. Sharing a Taskbar Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing a Taskbar Suggestion: Certainly, things are subjective but maybe I am not the only one who finds or may find this appealing. I find the default taskbar detracts from the nice wallpapers or photos on my desktops.I like having a taskbar that its colour follows that of a particular or specific...
  4. Sharing setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing setup: I have two different routers for my home network , my downstairs router is hard wired to my upstairs router and both are different type routers though made by Linksys. Anyway what I want to do is share my files and folders from upstairs to downstairs but my laptop uses wifi....
  5. Need help with network sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with network sharing: Hi I'm using a program called pdanet+ so that I can play on my ps4 and I have 2 laptops One has windows 10 and one has windows 8 The windows 8 laptop is from 2014 but it does a faster job than my beefy windows 10 laptop is there any way to make my windows 10 laptop make a...
  6. Easy Network and Sharing setup?

Easy Network and Sharing setup?: Since XP and beyond, until Windows 10, turn on Network discovery and sharing was so easy! Why is it so hard to do now? Many hoops to jump through, just to find out you still don't have access to a second or third computer on your private network. It would be nice to have a...
  7. V2P Tutorial needed!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    V2P Tutorial needed!!: Hello, Have a few "retail" Win-7 licenses that I need to upgrade to Win-10 before Microsoft yanks free upgrade. Was looking at creating VMs with Win-7, upgrading these VMs to Win-10 and then use V2P to move these VMs to physical boxes. Wondering if this is possible...
  8. Good basic networking tutorial?

Good basic networking tutorial?: Can you point me to a basic Win10 networking tutorial? Thanks 106058
  9. Network PC setup to share drives but needs credentials

Network PC setup to share drives but needs credentials: I have a peer to peer network setup. On one of the PC's I have shared the drive but when other users try to access the drive it asks for credentials? I have changed the settings in the sharing tab but still not allowing others to access 101261
  10. Suggestions on network sharing issue - W10 Enterprise and W10 Home

Suggestions on network sharing issue - W10 Enterprise and W10 Home: I had network sharing working between these systems until a recent update was pushed to W10 Enterprise. Ever since I no longer have access from W10 Enterprise to W10 Home. All other network sharing still works include between W10 Home systems and from Roku/Android to W10...