Windows 10: Need taskbar icons arranged as follows...

Discus and support Need taskbar icons arranged as follows... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home v2004 build 19041.1867 I would like to have my taskbar icons arranged in groups (like those on the taskbar's right, but not like those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Mar 27, 2021.

1. flycaster Win User

Need taskbar icons arranged as follows...

Windows 10 Home v2004 build 19041.1867

I would like to have my taskbar icons arranged in groups (like those on the taskbar's right, but not like those on the left half) as shown in this desktop picture:

Need taskbar icons arranged as follows... [​IMG]

The way the icons are on the right, are just the way I want my other icons to show. Problem is that I was screwing around and somehow unassembled my other icons and I have forgotten how I arrived at the way the icons on the right were arrived at. But, let me show and tell you how I originally started out.

I first made shortcuts of the programs. Then placed those shortcuts into group folders in my Documents section. Here are three shots that will show you what I just described:

These are the group folders within Documents

These are the program shortcuts within the folders (Taskbar-Browsers, for example)

This is where I am stumped. I can't figure out (read remember) how I got from this point to placing the program icons, as grouped in their separate folders onto the taskbar so that they as grouped as shown on the right side of the taskbar. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: For some strange reason, when I view this post, there is another image showing at the bottom. This was not intended to be and I can't delete it. Nonetheless, if you see this image, it is of a fishing partner (peacockbass in the Amazon) having a big treble hook being removed from his thumb area. Or, it could be interpreted as being representative of how I feel when having a computer problem that I can't solve...

:)

flycaster, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 27, 2021
  3. desktop icon arrangement

Hello,

Kindly further elaborate your concern, to assist you better.

In the meantime, you may follow the step below to see if this would address your concern:

• Right-click on your desktop > Click View.

Note: If you want to manually arrange your desktop icons uncheck Auto arrange icons
    then drag your icons depending on where you want to place them on your desktop. If you want your icons to be aligned to the grid, check
    Align icons to grid.

Let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Need taskbar icons arranged as follows...

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Need taskbar icons arranged as follows...

1. Need taskbar icons arranged as follows... - Similar Threads - Need taskbar icons

2. How to arrange taskbar icons such that frequently used icons are at the left end of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to arrange taskbar icons such that frequently used icons are at the left end of the...: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2Consider this example.Thanks for your help,SweetTasha https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-arrange-taskbar-icons-such-that-frequently/4619df68-78bf-450a-a5b5-3cdeb5329f9b
  3. How to arrange taskbar icons such that frequently used icons are at the left end of the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to arrange taskbar icons such that frequently used icons are at the left end of the...: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2Consider this example.Thanks for your help,SweetTasha https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-arrange-taskbar-icons-such-that-frequently/4619df68-78bf-450a-a5b5-3cdeb5329f9b
  4. How to arrange taskbar icons such that frequently used icons are at the left end of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro: Hi,I have two problems, maybe the problem sources are same.1 The icons I have added to my taskbar are disappearing. For example I have added Excel, Outlook, Word. When I restart the computer, they are not there. However, by searching I find Excel.exe, right click, remove from...
  6. Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro: Hi,I have two problems, maybe the problem sources are same.1 The icons I have added to my taskbar are disappearing. For example I have added Excel, Outlook, Word. When I restart the computer, they are not there. However, by searching I find Excel.exe, right click, remove from...
  7. Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro

8. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  9. Icons strangely arranging themselves?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons strangely arranging themselves?: i dunno if its because of the latest update(s), but in the past 2 days it seemed at first as if they randomly rearranging across my desktop, but after it happened again and again i noticed the icons keep going back to where they were, every single time. auto rearrange is off,...
  10. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...