Windows 10: Need the default value for the AutoRun registry

Discus and support Need the default value for the AutoRun registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; cmd automatically closes, found a soultion that says delete the autorun reg. Now my pc boots with a cmd prompt and i have to manually type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IdioticBeans, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Need the default value for the AutoRun registry

cmd automatically closes, found a soultion that says delete the autorun reg.

Now my pc boots with a cmd prompt and i have to manually type explorer.exe to start it.

All i need is the default value for autorun in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor

:)

IdioticBeans, Aug 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 Autorun?

Hello,

As you are asking whether the security of disabling Autorun/Autoplay option from system settings is the same as disabling from the registry and will take affect in the same way. There is no need to worry about virus threats which usually attack from autorun/autoplay.
    If you want to disable autorun/autoplay from registry, follow the steps provided below:

• Type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • In the right pane of the window create a new DWORD value "NoDriveTypeAutorun".
    • Set the value based on the following requirements:
      • FF – To disable AutoRun on all drives
      • 20 – To disable AutoRun on CD-ROM drives
      • 4 – To disable AutoRun on removable drives
      • 8 – To disable AutoRun on fixed drives
      • 10 – To disable AutoRun on network drives
      • 40 – To disable AutoRun on RAM disks
      • 1 – To disable AutoRun on unknown drives
    • If you want to disable AutoRun on a certain combination of drives, you’ll have to combine their values. For example, if you want to disable AutoRun on CD-ROM and removable drives, set the value of DWORD to 28.
    • If you want to return AutoRun functionality, just delete the NoDriveTypeAutorun DWORD value.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 27, 2020
  3. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 27, 2020
  4. .Blaze. Win User

Need the default value for the AutoRun registry

Default tcpip6 registry values

Hi, I was trying to solve the teredo tunneling problem and modified the wrong registry parameters. When I restarted the PC, it had a 99% CPU usage. I managed to reset winsock and ipv6 through cmd, which apparently solved the problem, but I still see the
    values I modified in the registry.

Can someone please provide me the default values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Tcpip6/Parameters/Winsock expecially for "MaxSockAddrLength", "MinSockAddrLength", "OfflineCapable" and "UseDelayAcceptance"? As I hadn't any luck looking
    for them online.

Thank you.

.Blaze., Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Need the default value for the AutoRun registry

1. Need the default value for the AutoRun registry - Similar Threads - Need default value

2. what is the default registry values for this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the default registry values for this...: registy key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-registry-values-for-this/bd0e20ef-6d40-47b9-a13f-a63e75207f14
  3. what is the default registry values for this...

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the default registry values for this...: registy key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-registry-values-for-this/bd0e20ef-6d40-47b9-a13f-a63e75207f14
  4. what is the default registry values for this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Need Default Values for Direct3D registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Default Values for Direct3D registry: Hi guys, I think I did something wrong in the registry editor and now I can't open my windows 7 games that are on my windows 10 PC. They worked before I went on the registry editor, so I think the problem is there....
  6. Display option registry default values

Display option registry default values: after the new may update the option for different brightness when plugged in has been removed... so i was tweaking my registry for a fix... turns out nothing worked... so i want to know the default settings of the Dword attribute of this key... KEY:...
  7. registry return value

registry return value: hello Champs, I use one app to return a value in the browser in the following form: the registry entry is now: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1 the result in the IE browser is: http://SR:123456789/ is it possible to change the registry entry so that it...
  8. what is the default registry value for Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...

what is the default registry value for Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...: qwertyuiopsdgfhtyfthhgghjtykilp;'][\[lhgffghhggtnmjhgfgtrtfgfffyhfvbgd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-registry-value-for/baaff689-62ca-4fd4-b5e4-d42fb3839e7c
  9. Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon

Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon: Hi there, I wanted to customize my text file icon, by replacing it with an icon I created. The registry change was successful. My custom made icon has now replaced the default icon. However, I mistakenly forgot to make note of, or export the registry file default value....
  10. Default Windows Registry values for printer policies..??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Windows Registry values for printer policies..??: Long story short, I've got an HP printer that was having some problems and HP support gave me a .reg file to run, which consisted of the following: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers]...