Windows 10: Need tips on setting up multiple User Accounts with almost privacy and control

Discus and support Need tips on setting up multiple User Accounts with almost privacy and control in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What I want is very specific. Not sure if it is even possible hence asking for advice/tips/tricks anything. So I want to setup my system in such a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alloverkarma, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Need tips on setting up multiple User Accounts with almost privacy and control

What I want is very specific. Not sure if it is even possible hence asking for advice/tips/tricks anything.

So I want to setup my system in such a way that there is only one admin who has actual control over the system. Other user should merely be able to use their account without changing/viewing anything for/from other users. So the system design I have in my mind is

1. Create an admin.
    2. Create 3 other standard users. 3.Only the admin should be able to install softwares that can be accessible by other users in the system 4.The admin should also have the power to install softwares specefic to admin only ie It should not be accessible to other users 5.Standard users should install software and shoukd be accessible only in that account. 6.I plan to partion my hdd into 5 drives. C: to install Win10, D: for personal files specificy for the admin account. Other 4 drives will be distributed among the rest of the users respectively. ie 1 driver per user. A user should only be able to see (in file explorer) and access the drive that is allocated to It. The rest should be hidden.

The problems I am facing are 1. Not able to install some softwares for a specific user. Eg Vlc would always requires the admin cred. Ti be installed for a specific users. It gets installed in c/program files, but while installing brave browser for a user if I click no for the admin cred. prompt then it is installed for the specific user oky in appdata folder

Thats it. I am not able to go further step 3 .If you guys can come up with some good ways to implement this , it would be very helpful.

My main concern is that an std. User should neither be able to modify anything system wide, nor he should be able to any personal file bon other users.

I have some more settings that I want to include but can't remeber right now. Will update them When u remember.

submitted by /u/alloverkarma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alloverkarma, Jul 17, 2020

2. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jul 17, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Multiple User Accounts Privacy

Hi Kelly,

Users with Administrative privileges are the only ones who can access documents of other users in a single PC. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify a few information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you in the process of setting up the other user accounts?
    • Are you the administrator of this PC?

If you are still in the process of setting up their accounts, here is an article that you may refer to:
    Set up accounts.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Need tips on setting up multiple User Accounts with almost privacy and control

User Account Control: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

Hi Josh,

User Account Control helps prevent malware from damaging a computer. It also allows all users to log on to their computers using a standard user account. To isolate your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Do you have an antivirus application installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you change your User Account Control Settings in Control Panel to modify the Settings. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click User Accounts icon.
    • This will open the C:\Windows\System32\UserAccountControlSettings.exe file.
    • If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes.
    • Move the slider up or down to the setting for how you want to be notified by User Account Control, and click OK.
    • If prompted by UAC, click Yes.
    • When finished, you can close User Accounts.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Need tips on setting up multiple User Accounts with almost privacy and control

1. Need tips on setting up multiple User Accounts with almost privacy and control - Similar Threads - Need tips setting

2. user account control setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user account control setting: a user account control settings keeps prompting me to enter admin username and password whenever i try to install any application or try to uninstall any application, which is annoying because even my workplace administration is clueless for the same. can anyone let me know...
  3. User Account Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Settings: I am unable to change my user account control settings back to administrator. How can I get back in the settings to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-settings/eb1b86cd-121d-415b-8195-a756286bd930
  4. User Account Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Settings: I got a firewall notification that a new update is available. When I select accept and update now, I am asked whether I want to allow this app to make changes and it is asking for a PIN which must be a 4-digit number because when I try different things, only numbers are...
  5. User Account Control Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control Settings: I got a firewall notification that a new update is available. When I select accept and update now, I am asked whether I want to allow this app to make changes and it is asking for a PIN which must be a 4-digit number because when I try different things, only numbers are...
  6. multiple users set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple users set up: I was given this laptop 2 weeks after my aunt bought it because she could not understand the software. She managed to get her name and e-mail registered in it though somehow. I have changed it to my name and thought I had gotten the e-mail changed too. Well, every time I...
  7. User Account Control Settings

User Account Control Settings: The four options available under User Account Control Settings are not the same options I had before I reset my laptop which are described in the link under said settings:Tell me more about User Account Control settings. I have Windows 10 free version. The option I want is...
  8. user account control settings

user account control settings: how we change user account control settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-settings/f2945ddc-6104-440f-9aed-897b92ac34fb
  9. User account control settings

User account control settings: I get a message every time I open Chrome. The message asks if I allow it to make changes to my computer. If I check no, it doesn't open. I try changing the notification settings but it always revert back to high security. Am I getting the message because Chrome is not in the...
  10. Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts: Hi, On a PC that has been upgraded to windows 10, if I have 2 user accounts, and set privacy settings etc on the one account so that Windows 10 isnt sending information/downloading stuff etc, will the second account (that has not been setup for the same settings and is...