Windows 10: Need to access a Linux SATA HD (connected via a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter)

Discus and support Need to access a Linux SATA HD (connected via a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hope this isn't outside of the Windows10 community!? I have a SATA HD (WD30EFRX 3.0TB) connected to a Windows 10 machine via an USB 3.0 to SATA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wilmargrp, Feb 20, 2019.

1. wilmargrp Win User

Need to access a Linux SATA HD (connected via a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter)

Hope this isn't outside of the Windows10 community!?

I have a SATA HD (WD30EFRX 3.0TB) connected to a Windows 10 machine via an USB 3.0 to SATA adapter. Explorer will recognize the partitions but (obviously, as they are Linux) will not access.

Is there an "easy" way to access the files so they can be transferred to another location?

:)

wilmargrp, Feb 20, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Plug-in Adapter from Unitec Converts SATA to USB 3.0

A new adapter listed on online store usb.brando.com, the UNITEK USB 3.0 to SATA Adapter (Y-1034) promises to be an interesting accessory. The adapter connects to SATA HDDs/SSDs over a SATA 3 Gb/s interface, and to the host PC over USB 3.0 SuperSpeed. The new interface eliminates interface bottlenecks to provide speeds on-par with eSATA. The kit consists of the main unit which plugs into the the drive's SATA data+power connectors, and gives out a USB 3.0 cable. It takes in DC power input from its own power adapter. A quick HDTach run shows a conventional HDD to offer speeds on par with being connected to eSATA (effectively the system's own SATA interface). It is priced at US $49.

Need to access a Linux SATA HD (connected via a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter) 8c_thm.jpg

Need to access a Linux SATA HD (connected via a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter) 8b_thm.jpg

Need to access a Linux SATA HD (connected via a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter) 8a_thm.jpg

btarunr, Feb 20, 2019
  3. 2T HD - Slow USB transfer speeds, but fast as SATA

I have a WD 2T HD 7200 RPM. Plugged in as a USB drive, the transfers speed is 7mg/sec, but if I use it as an internal SATA it's about 190mg/sec. I've tried 3 different USB interfaces with the 2T drive with the same results. Other USB HD's that I
    have aren't slow like this one is even with the same USB interface.

I have it set for better performance not quick removal and indexing is turned off. I bought this drive as an external USB HD and it’s 2.0 USB. I put it back in it’s original case and that didn’t help. It certainly wasn’t this slow with XP or WIN 7. Any suggestions?

G M Peters, Feb 20, 2019
  4. grahamm7 Win User

Error connecting SATA disk to Windows 10 using a SATA to USB harness

Tried running troubleshooter and restart as you suggested. I cannot allocate a Drive letter. Device Manager sees the device and driver ok. Says ASMT 2105 and says device is working properly. If I use Disk Manager it sees the device but says Dynamic Invalid.
    It won't let me reactivate as it says it can't do this on an invalid Disk Pack. If I go to use Convert to Basic Disk it says I will loose data. This disk was the Disk 0 bootable disk for Windows 7. So it will have a boot sector and and a reserved section
    etc. Then 2 main partitions. The first was the old partition mounted on C: as the OS 'disk'. The second partition was where I put some other data. I can't allocate a drive letter to this disk as I can't see any partitions. The driver is loading Ok.
    But I am just not seeing this disk via the USB connection via the SATA cradle. Thanks for the suggestions but they don't solve the problem. The idea of the SATA saddle is so that I can connect SATA disks is necessary. I have looked in the Event Log but
    cannot see anything obvisous. It also keep trying to do something with this disk/saddle. So something comes up and then disappears.

grahamm7, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Need to access a Linux SATA HD (connected via a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter) - Similar Threads - Need access Linux

2. SATA to USB-c adapter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA to USB-c adapter not working: Wanted to upgrade my 2 laptops and desktop hard drives to SSD. Bought 2 WD 500gb SSD's and a WD 1T SSD. Also bought a wavlink usb to sata adapter and used Macrium Reflec for cloning. Connected the first WD 500 to my Dell Inspiron Win 10 Home using Wavlink and proceeded to...
  3. SATA to USB-c adapter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA to USB-c adapter not working: Wanted to upgrade my 2 laptops and desktop hard drives to SSD. Bought 2 WD 500gb SSD's and a WD 1T SSD. Also bought a wavlink usb to sata adapter and used Macrium Reflec for cloning. Connected the first WD 500 to my Dell Inspiron Win 10 Home using Wavlink and proceeded to...
  4. SATA to USB-c adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB: I recently pulled an old Toshiba 2.5 harddrive out my a laptop whose battery had died. I was hoping to pull the data off it onto my new laptop, but my current machine simply won't recognise it. I have the drive connected via a SATA to USB cable, both USB plugs plugged in, so...
  6. Installing Windows 10 on an SSD via USB to SATA adapter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on an SSD via USB to SATA adapter: I have a laptop that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. The laptop does not have a CD-ROM drive, unfortunately. What I want to do is use my desktop PC as the "host" and install the new Windows 10 Pro software to the SSD drive via a USB to SATA connector. My desktop recognizes...
  7. sata power and sata 3

sata power and sata 3: i looked on amazon and i couldn't find a good sata 3 to usb 3 and a sata power that would fit with the sata 3. Does anybody have a link to what im looking for? Sata 3 2.5 inches. https://imgur.com/5DFguai...
  8. Working alternative Sata HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Working alternative Sata HD: Kind of ironic that my Win7-64 MB failed after MS pulled support 3 months ago. No complaints. It was 10 years of faultless operation, So, new Desktop time. I have kept the 3 HD's that comprised my storage on the Win7 PC. No.1 has the Win7-64 OS and all programs that I used....
  9. Can't access HDD plugged in via a USB to SATA bridge?

Can't access HDD plugged in via a USB to SATA bridge?: I've just bought myself a new WD HDD, plugged it in, formatted it and given it a new drive number - all running well. I now want to copy everything from my old (smaller) HDD, so i've plugged it in to an old USB to SATA II/IDE, the computer installed the driver and the disk...
  10. SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen

SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen: Hi Guys, I have one of those newfangled SATA-to-USB adapters for internal hard drives. I have attempted to hook up two of them - one is a WD Caviar 500GB; another is a Seagate Barracuda 3000GB. I am not able to see inside them. If I go to Windows 10 computer (disk)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 access sata adapter

2. cant access sata drive through usb to sata converter

3. how to detect linux hdd connected by usb to sata

4. Bipra USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter Kit with Power Adapter