Windows 10: Need to add the Other User option at login screen

Discus and support Need to add the Other User option at login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am using two LOCAL Windows 10 accounts on a STANDALONE laptop. One for Admin and one for Limited account. I know the image below are for a domain... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by win10freak, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Need to add the Other User option at login screen

I am using two LOCAL Windows 10 accounts on a STANDALONE laptop. One for Admin and one for Limited account.

I know the image below are for a domain joined machine, but how can I achieve to show my Limited username account and one showing as Other User on the below left-hand corner of the sign in screen?

I do have the Fast User Switching enabled or Not Configured in Group Policy.

https://www.tenforums.com/attachment...windows_10.jpg

:)

win10freak, Nov 16, 2020
  2. fdm2000 Win User

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Nov 16, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Login Screen Has Two Options

Press the Windows + R keys and enter:
    netplwiz

in the run dialog box. How many accounts are listed there?

Need to add the Other User option at login screen [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Nov 16, 2020
  4. PatVax Win User

Need to add the Other User option at login screen

Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing

Hello,

Like the topic stands, my Windows 10 login screen doesn't show the option to type in username and password instead of just choosing the username I want to log on to. I was able to enable the other user login but by doing so I can only log in through the
    other user prompt without a list of existing accounts. I did it by enabling "Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in" in the group policy. However it is not exactly what I am trying to achieve.

I have seen Windows 10 devices where the user was able to login through selecting a user from a list and providing a password. On this devices in the list of known users there was the "other user" option which is missing on my PC. This devices probably where
    part of a domain which possibly enables the "other user" option but I am interested in achieving the same thing without a domain. Is this possible?

I am running Windows 10 2004 Education Edition.

I have an activated administrator account that I can us and log on into.

No problems logging in whatsoever, neither with user list nor with the other user prompt.

To put it my issue in simple words to summarise, I want a login screen where I have the usual list of available users along with the other user option.

I hope this description is clear enough.

Thank you in advance to anyone who might have a solution

PatVax, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Need to add the Other User option at login screen

1. Need to add the Other User option at login screen - Similar Threads - Need add User

2. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  3. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  4. "Other user" at login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Other user" at login screen?: My HP laptop suddenly restarted, then presented itself with the login screen, it made me input the username and password for some user named "other user", it did not me go into my original account which didn't even have a password in the first place. I've seen that a few...
  5. "Other user" at login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Other user" at login screen?: My HP laptop suddenly restarted, then presented itself with the login screen, it made me input the username and password for some user named "other user", it did not me go into my original account which didn't even have a password in the first place. I've seen that a few...
  6. Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option: I'm currently building a Windows 10 LTSC computer to be used as an offline device. The device is set up with two local accounts on it - the super user and the normal user. I need to have fast user switching disabled and I want to set it up so that users must type in the...
  7. Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing

Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing: Hello, Like the topic stands, my Windows 10 login screen doesn't show the option to type in username and password instead of just choosing the username I want to log on to. I was able to enable the other user login but by doing so I can only log in through the other user...
  8. ‎"Other user" option is missing from Login Screen

‎"Other user" option is missing from Login Screen: So this morning I have installed a new Windows 10 on a Laptop. And after Windows 10 installation, I install my O365 software to this laptop and connect my work account with this Laptop then enable Ctrl+Alt+Del Login. Then after that I reboot the Laptop, an after I press...
  9. Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The...
  10. Other user only login option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Other user only login option: I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to login as “other user.” No I cannot acess really anything while shift left clicking on restart besides completly wiping my...