Windows 10: Need to anytime upgrade - windows 10 pro default key not working

Discus and support Need to anytime upgrade - windows 10 pro default key not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a genuine windows 10 pro for OEM sleeve with product key sticker and a windows 10 DVD but that won't seem to let me "anytime upgrade". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZenMasta, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ZenMasta Win User

Need to anytime upgrade - windows 10 pro default key not working

I have a genuine windows 10 pro for OEM sleeve with product key sticker and a windows 10 DVD but that won't seem to let me "anytime upgrade".

I thought I would be able to use the default key to upgrade and then change keys after.

However, when I try to enter the default windows 10 pro key it prompts that it may take a while and then I click start it says preparing to upgrade followed by an error:

Unable to upgrade your edition

We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key... 0x803fa067

either.

What should I do?

:)

ZenMasta, Oct 19, 2018

2. Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade Key on a new PC with Windows 10 Home

You should be able to upgrade to Pro again without using the Anytime Upgrade.

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Or

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the following default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Review instructions how to perform an Easy Upgrade using the default key:

How
    to Perform an Easy Upgrade in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 19, 2018
  4. nick876 Win User

windows 10 pro anytime upgrade, where to purchase

i have windows 10 home, on my laptop.

it is working well

i want to be able to use bitlocker.

am using it on a desktop pro machine, working well

HOW to either get windows 10 home to use bitlocker for operating system drive

OR

purchase windows 10 pro upgrade (anytime upgrade)??

all I can find is windows 7 anytme upgrade.

ALSO, how to then UPGRADE (enter the product key) to activate PRO from HOME????

thanks

nick876, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to anytime upgrade - windows 10 pro default key not working - Similar Threads - Need anytime upgrade

2. Windows anytime upgrade key code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows anytime upgrade key code: Windows upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-anytime-upgrade-key-code/cf45452c-e87c-42cb-a44a-dabc1bf24042
  3. Windows anytime upgrade key code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows anytime upgrade key code: Windows upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-anytime-upgrade-key-code/cf45452c-e87c-42cb-a44a-dabc1bf24042
  4. Windows anytime upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows anytime upgrade: I had windows 10 Home, did the anytime upgrade to windows 10 Pro, but now computer does not have a license. Need assistance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-anytime-upgrade/32ae4e38-1f2f-4b90-b609-e4714649bf39
  5. Windows anytime upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows anytime upgrade: I had windows 10 Home, did the anytime upgrade to windows 10 Pro, but now computer does not have a license. Need assistance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-anytime-upgrade/32ae4e38-1f2f-4b90-b609-e4714649bf39
  6. Windows anytime upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. product key not working upgrading to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key not working upgrading to windows 10 pro: THE PRODUCT KEY YOU ENTERED DIDN'T WORK. CHECK THE PRODUCT KEY AND TRY AGAIN, OR ENTER A DIFFERENT ONE. 0XC004F050 I contacted the store I bought my computer from and they supplied me with a product key. It started to download and about 5 minutes in it encountered a problem...
  8. Safe to use a free key for Windows Anytime Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to use a free key for Windows Anytime Upgrade?: Found a couple of videos on youtube giving out keys to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. Is it safe to use them? Many people reported in the comments that it worked submitted by /u/scottsturtles [link] [comments]...
  9. Need to Upgrade Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to Upgrade Windows 10 Pro: I had a windows 10 pro linked with my microsoft account recently i had a issue with windows update, and changed my os, now i have a windows 10 single language i need to upgrade to pro, but using my product key i cant upgrade, here are the pics while trying to upgrade...
  10. Will Windows 8.0 pro upgrade key work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 8.0 pro upgrade key work?: A few years ago i bought a windows 8.0 pro upgrade dvd with a windows 8 pro upgrade key. Will this windows 8.0 pro upgrade key work when i do a clean install of windows 10 pro version 1511?Or will it only work with a full licence key? 37872