Windows 10: Need to ask for parental permission to use app despite me being an adult..

Discus and support Need to ask for parental permission to use app despite me being an adult.. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I installed google chrome on my laptop so I could play some browser game that don't work on Microsoft edge. and despite the face that I am an adult and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SasukeCorvin, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Need to ask for parental permission to use app despite me being an adult..

I installed google chrome on my laptop so I could play some browser game that don't work on Microsoft edge. and despite the face that I am an adult and Microsoft says that my account it a adult account every time I go to run chrome it says it has to ask for parental permission, and if I click for it to ask by email it just gives me an error message.

This is the what it says:

Something went wrong

We're working on it- try again in a little bit.

Trace ID: yjtdNb8VkUW5mxCK.4.

:)

SasukeCorvin, Jan 6, 2020

2. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive error while asking permission from adult for accessing Google Chrome. I would like to know the exact error message/code you receive.

However, since you have mentioned that you are using a child account, the work around would be to converting the child account to a local user account and try using Chrome. Kindly follow the steps to convert the child account to local account.

1. Go to Settings > Account >
      Your info.
    2. Now click on Sign in to a
      local account instead.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are an adult and still using a child account refer the article
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts
    for more information.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Parental Permission

Hi Team,

I have been facing this Parental permission issue for a while in my LUmia 520 , when i try to download from Store . It says that " Ask your parent to accept Terms of Use of the store". However , Me being an adult and i have no parental account as such .
    Please assist

Thanks in advance

Radhika

RadhikaKrishnamoorthy, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Gowrish_S Win User

Need to ask for parental permission to use app despite me being an adult..

Family Features asking for adult permission...

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the error message you get when you try to access the applications and browsers like Internet Explorer or Edge?

Please follow the steps under this section “I'm an adult but I'm being asked for parental consent. What do I do?” from this

link

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community -Moderator

Gowrish_S, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Need to ask for parental permission to use app despite me being an adult..

1. Need to ask for parental permission to use app despite me being an adult.. - Similar Threads - Need ask parental

2. pc continues to need to ask for parent permission despite not being in a family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    pc continues to need to ask for parent permission despite not being in a family: hi i recently installed a game and was trying to play it on my computer but i kept getting notifications say i needed to ask for parent permission. to solve this i first tried allowing the game through a parents email, that didn't work . i then uninstalled the game and then...
  3. pc continues to need to ask for parent permission despite not being in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc continues to need to ask for parent permission despite not being in a family: hi i recently installed a game and was trying to play it on my computer but i kept getting notifications say i needed to ask for parent permission. to solve this i first tried allowing the game through a parents email, that didn't work . i then uninstalled the game and then...
  4. pc continues to need to ask for parent permission despite not being in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. asked parent permission despite being adult

asked parent permission despite being adult: I am an 18 year old man but my microsoft account keeps asking for parent permission and i have no clue where it even sends the message, not to mention i am set to being 18 on my account and am not set to a child account...
  6. asked parent permission despite being adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asked parent permission despite being adult: I am an 18 year old man but my microsoft account keeps asking for parent permission and i have no clue where it even sends the message, not to mention i am set to being 18 on my account and am not set to a child account...
  7. asked parent permission despite being adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Firefox and Chrome require parents' permission to use, despite me not being a child account

Firefox and Chrome require parents' permission to use, despite me not being a child account: Hi, I have a strange problem. My account used to be a child account of my father's, although no parental restrictions were applied. Since turning 18, my account was removed from his. However, when I attempt to launch specifically Firefox or Chrome Not any other browsers or...
  9. Asking for an adults permission

Asking for an adults permission: I am the adult in my Family Account why is it asking me to get permission for anything on my laptop? If this keeps up I will never use this again. It has happened a few times and it is for a stupid app. The sticky Notes App. This needs to get handled across the board. I am...
  10. Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email

Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email: Repeatedly "ask by email" (using "child's" machine) and repeatedly selected "allowed" ("gave permission") to use the account, but it still doesn't work. Initially, it also alerted me to the need to update windows on the "child's" machine, which I did, but it still doesn't...