Windows 10: Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

Discus and support Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Sidecar Bob, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that.

Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB drive at regular intervals?

:)

Sidecar Bob, Feb 25, 2017

2. Windows 10 does not show "WDMyCloudMirror" Device since upgrade

Hi Tina,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

The WD My Cloud, WD My Cloud EX4, My Cloud EX2, My Cloud Mirror, My Book Live, My Book Live Duo and WD TV Live Hub Media Center use the
    WD Discovery software for automatic drive mapping. Please see the links below for assistance mapping a drive using this utility:

Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 25, 2017
  3. Restoring backup file from WD Live Book

I backed up my windows 10 computer to a WD Book Live drive. My computer died and I need to restore the back up file to the computer. When I use the Backup and Restore (windows 7) option, select the WD Book Live drive, I get the error message that no
    backup files can be found. However, I see the backup file when I open the WD Book Live drive. I am really stuck here and I need to restore my backup, can someone please help resolve this problem? Thanks

ralphmcnamara, Feb 25, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

I've used GoodSync Pro for years, easy to set up and sync many configurations. $30 full version, 30 day free trial - GoodSync for Windows

mrgeek, Feb 26, 2017
  5. Sidecar Bob, Feb 27, 2017
  6. More detail: The My Cloud & My Book are supposed to work together with the My Book plugged into the My Cloud's USB port and functioning as a "USB Share". The My Cloud's software allows backing up to a USB drive but you have to trigger it manually. What were they thinking????

Even though Everyday Auto Backup is supposed to be able to backup to & from network locations the only network location it could find was the computer it was running on. So much for that one.

Karen's Replicator, on the other hand, works perfectly even though it was first published in 2002 and hasn't been updated since the author died in 2011. It is easy to figure out and use. What I like best is that it does not compress or otherwise alter the files so if my network drive crashes I can use the data on the backup drive the way it is right away.

I have it set up so that Task Scheduler opens Karen's Replicator about when I go to bed and Replicator starts backing up of the Shares on the My Cloud one per hour all night and all I have to do is close Replicator when I come back to the computer.

Sidecar Bob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

1. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book - Similar Threads - Need automatically backup

2. can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups: I have a western digital cloud drive i purchased to do backups however, i can not set it up in windows backup and restore. It has a drive letter "Z" and i do believe it is a network drive. how can i set this up for my backups in windows....
  3. can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups: I have a western digital cloud drive i purchased to do backups however, i can not set it up in windows backup and restore. It has a drive letter "Z" and i do believe it is a network drive. how can i set this up for my backups in windows....
  4. WD My Book Essential unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Book Essential unresponsive: Hello,we have a 3TB WD My Book Essential with very critical data. It was working fine on windows XP and 7. I tried to move it to a new dell workstation with windows 10. It connected and showed the directory structure fine. When I tried to open a file it said it was not...
  5. WD my cloud as network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WD my cloud as network drive: [ATTACH] Hello, how can I set WD my cloud as network drive? Currently I can see it with its name - WDC. Double click on it opens wd my cloud login page, but even if I log it is still same. I have no idea what I did but on my another computer I can see all shared drivers...
  6. WD My Cloud external drive

WD My Cloud external drive: who do i install my WD My Cloud external drive to my new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-cloud-external-drive/0e21e13b-f8bb-4d9d-a521-b088c13747c5
  7. WD My Book World Edition (White)

WD My Book World Edition (White): After building a PC with win 10, i've not had my WD my book world edition used for a good while, decided to plug it in and install the drivers etc. Plugged it into a switch and it's not being recognised at all, even downloaded the WD cd with the drivers and the detection...
  8. Connecting to WD My Book Live

Connecting to WD My Book Live: I can log into My Book Live, but when I go to File Explorer My Book Live doesn't appear. On a separate PC using Windows 10 it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connecting-to-wd-my-book-live/eeaf8f94-b8fb-41ff-8718-153ca3f41d95
  9. computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in

computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in: I recently bought A WD MY BOOK ,but now my computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in. What can I do? Other than the obvious 73680
  10. Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore

Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore: I have a WD 3tb My Book using WD Unlocker for the drive. I use this drive unlocked as I am the only one using the drive and no password required. There are 2 problems I'm having. The first is that when I start Win 10 Pro, 64bit, I get an error message telling me that "The...