Windows 10: need to boot from usb but no option

Discus and support need to boot from usb but no option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; there is no boot from usb option on my HP desktop.. Tried F2, didnt work. there is no "disable secure boot" Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by me1234_a, Jul 19, 2019.

1. me1234_a Win User

need to boot from usb but no option

there is no boot from usb option on my HP desktop.. Tried F2, didnt work. there is no "disable secure boot" Thanks

:)

me1234_a, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

See sys specs... ASUS ROG x38 motherboard, flashed to x48 Rampage.

In BIOS under "Boot Device Priority", I select and of the 3 boot device slots, and no where do I find an option for USB, these are the only options in each:

• 1st floopy drive
    • HDD: P0-WDC WD2500KS
    • ATAPI CD-ROM
    • Disabled
    Is there a place in the BIOS to enable boot from USB?

It's AMI, says v02.61 on the BIOS screen

Sasqui, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Gigabyte Mobo not booting from usb

USB legecy is on and by pressing F12, i get the option which device to boot, ive tried both the usb options listed there(simple and uefi one) nothing works

Harry9001, Jul 19, 2019
  4. D-rock Win User

Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

1. need to boot from usb but no option - Similar Threads - need boot usb

2. No usb boot in boot option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No usb boot in boot option: Hi this is Josh and im having a trouble about my laptop. It was normal and the my laptop suddenly crashed and it shows an error during recovery mode saying "windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt" and i tried reinstalling a new OS but i cant because the usb im using with...
  3. No usb boot in boot option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No usb boot in boot option: Hi this is Josh and im having a trouble about my laptop. It was normal and the my laptop suddenly crashed and it shows an error during recovery mode saying "windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt" and i tried reinstalling a new OS but i cant because the usb im using with...
  4. No usb boot in boot option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Boot from USB

Boot from USB: Hi All, I was flowing a thread from DaveM121 in regards to booting from USB, every step worked until I got to a certain point, does anyone know how I can contact DaveM121 for help? The thread was excatly what I needed help with so I’m sure he will be able to supoort me...
  6. Booting From USB

Booting From USB: Hi there, i have a Lenovo Ideapad that i need to factory reset. I don't want any of the files or personal things that are on there, i try to reset and i don't have enough free storage to reset. Apparently i need an extra 3.32GB to reset. Anyway i was told to reinstall windows...
  7. No boot from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot from USB: W10 boots normally, but the ability to boot from USB has quit, returning "Not Found" failures in the UEFI. I noticed this yesterday, soon after installing Intel graphics update, and removal of 2 Linux GRUB entries ( debian and ubuntu folders) from the EFI. Will a "Sys...
  8. Boot From USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot From USB: If I boot Windows 10 from a USB on my Windows 10 pc, will the computer know/log the fact that I booted from USB? submitted by /u/TwoDots18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euqiy9/boot_from_usb/
  9. When Booting from a USB what Options are Available to Me?

When Booting from a USB what Options are Available to Me?: Hey all. First, THANK YOU for helping me to get my USB drive booting so I can fix my screwed up laptop. When I boot from the USB drive, it comes up and gives me the option to INSTALL WINDOWS and then in tiny type in the bottom left corner is tge option “Repair this PC.”...
  10. Booting from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting from USB: I had never had my computer set to boot from USB but I created a bootable flash drive with Win 10 on it and wanted to try it. I set the BIOS boot options to try the CD drive first, then USB, and then the Hard drive. It booted fine but I have a question now. If I have a...