Windows 10: Need to boot twice before my laptop can be start normally

Discus and support Need to boot twice before my laptop can be start normally in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Im facing a problem where the laptop need to be start twice before in can work normally 1st boot = dark screen, keyboard lights up and fan spinning,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by M1ndUrOwn, Aug 18, 2021.

1. M1ndUrOwn Win User

Need to boot twice before my laptop can be start normally

Im facing a problem where the laptop need to be start twice before in can work normally 1st boot = dark screen, keyboard lights up and fan spinning, 2nd boot = windows works normally. Is it caused by hardware malfunction or software?? Im using Nitro 5 AN515-45-R4KB

:)

M1ndUrOwn, Aug 18, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 18, 2021
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

power failure during windows normal updates

Hi Sue,

It is possible that the update components were corrupted causing this issue to occur. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and update your Windows 10 again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Method 3: Reset Update Components.

Kindly refer to
    How do I reset Windows Update
    components

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Need to boot twice before my laptop can be start normally - Similar Threads - Need boot twice

2. My Asus A15 laptop on startup reboots twice and then starts as normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus A15 laptop on startup reboots twice and then starts as normal: Hi my Asus A15 laptop reboots twice then starts as normal I have done several checks using CMD but nothing seems to work I have reinstalled windows 11 several times and it still persists doing the same thing hopefully someone can help. Thanks...
  3. My Asus A15 laptop on startup reboots twice and then starts as normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Asus A15 laptop on startup reboots twice and then starts as normal: Hi my Asus A15 laptop reboots twice then starts as normal I have done several checks using CMD but nothing seems to work I have reinstalled windows 11 several times and it still persists doing the same thing hopefully someone can help. Thanks...
  4. Laptop can't start normally in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can't start normally in normal mode: It always start with this screen then restart and shows a bunch of options to use safe mode and everythingWhat should i do to get it back to normal?...
  5. Laptop can't start normally in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't start normally in normal mode: It always start with this screen then restart and shows a bunch of options to use safe mode and everythingWhat should i do to get it back to normal?...
  6. Laptop can't start normally in normal mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My PC has started to have to be turned on twice before it will boot and won’t restart properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC has started to have to be turned on twice before it will boot and won’t restart properly.: As said above my pc now has to be powered on, it sits, does nothing, then i have to hold the power button to power it off and then turn it on again for it to load. The PC is a self built and less than a year old It also gets stuck if you choose to restart instead of...
  8. Login twice before can access to computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login twice before can access to computer: I was wondering if anyone have the same minor problem with me that I have to login twice before can access to my computer at the beginning of the startup. That is the release of Build 1709 16294.1 on my Windows 10 64X Professional. Should I report to Windows Insiders about...
  9. Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot): Good afternoon, Since couple of days my desktop PC has a problem that does not compromise its use but rather annoying When I press the button to turn it on it immediately restarts showing a black screen and after this reboot it starts booting up windows quickly and without...
  10. Having to prss power button twice on laptop before it will start

in Windows 10 Support
    Having to prss power button twice on laptop before it will start: I have this new GE62 MSI laptop running Win10 all was fine with it until by coincidence apparently windows updates some drivers and then right after my optical drive died, along with the MSI recovery methods got corrupted... the service centre replaced the optical drive etc...