Windows 10: NEED TO CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD

Discus and support NEED TO CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; TRIED SEVERAL SOLUTIONS TO NO AVAIL.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShirleyDobson, May 22, 2020.

1. NEED TO CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD

TRIED SEVERAL SOLUTIONS TO NO AVAIL.

:)

ShirleyDobson, May 22, 2020

2. administrator password

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. In this case I suggest you to try converting your account into administrator. Follow the steps below,

1. Search for Run on
      Windows search bar.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run window and click on OK.
    3. It would prompt you for password of admin account, put in the password.

If you have not set any password, just click on OK.
    4. Double click on the user account you want to change and go to
      Group Membership.
    5. Now select Administrator and click on
      Apply and OK.

To set up pay support for home users, please log on to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, May 22, 2020
  3. James_C. Win User
    Administrative password bypass

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply, but I can't do anything. The area is grayed out on "Yes" and there isn't any place for me to type in my password.

James_C., May 22, 2020
  4. NEED TO CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, May 22, 2020
Thema:

NEED TO CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD

1. NEED TO CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD - Similar Threads - NEED CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR

2. Promoted Administrator password was changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Promoted Administrator password was changed: I promoted a local user to administrator for windows 11, but after that password was changed automatically and the new one was not shown.. Now I cannot login for this account. How to proceed?...
  3. Promoted Administrator password was changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Promoted Administrator password was changed: I promoted a local user to administrator for windows 11, but after that password was changed automatically and the new one was not shown.. Now I cannot login for this account. How to proceed?...
  4. Changing administrator password without knowing the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing administrator password without knowing the password.: I have an account on my pc that i never use. It was created by Microsoft when i got the pc. However, it was an administrator account for a while until i took it off as it always caused trouble. right now, im trying to access an app but windows keeps asking for the...
  5. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Administrator password: I want to change the bios to uefi but cannot access the command prompt during boot up, it requires a password and my Windows password does not work. Anyone have an answer?...
  6. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Administrator password: I want to change the bios to uefi but cannot access the command prompt during boot up, it requires a password and my Windows password does not work. Anyone have an answer?...
  7. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. cannot change administrative password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot change administrative password.: In setting up a brand new computer, I did not set up an administrative password nor was prompted to add security questions. Now I want to change the admin pw, but don't know what it is. It is not my Microsoft account password. The "reset password" instructions don't work...
  9. change or reset administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change or reset administrator password: Don't know administrator password and it's my computer! How can I change or reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-or-reset-administrator-password/234d7540-1eca-4694-b92f-2b297fd01f1f
  10. Needing an administrator password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Needing an administrator password: Not having an administrator password is causing all the usual problems. On settings I wind up on one account that I use pin.. When I first turn pc on I am already informed that my sign-in/password is wrong but I have not done anything yet. I hit the OK button and 2 accounts...