Windows 10: Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

Discus and support Need to change an administrator account into the owner account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by K. Charlie Sherman II, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it automatically started using an email that I hadn't used for at least 4 years, and I only used it for about a month while I was looking for a job the email was Jobs4[my name]@gmail.com. Again, I have zero idea how it happened, but it got stuck like that. My computer has called the owner "Jobs4" the entire time I've owned this.

:)

K. Charlie Sherman II, Feb 5, 2023

2. Would like to change from owner to administrator

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed
    as administrator. But at sign in at start up I listed as owner. As well in Power Shell ISE How I do change that ? Thank you

CharlesLaMonte, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Change original administrator account

I have purchased a used Asus laptop that already has Win 10 installed on it from the original owner. All of the settings on the computer are linked to that owner's Microsoft account and administrator account. Is there a way for me to change the administrator information to my Microsoft account and email? I can log in using the old owner's password to access the administrator account, but I don't see any way to change the account to my information. If I create a new user account and make it an administrator account, when I log in using the new account, there is no access to any of the apps I need from the original account. Thanks.

lucidanomaly, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Kari Win User

Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

1. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account - Similar Threads - Need change administrator

2. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  3. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  4. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  6. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  7. Change birth date of account owner.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change birth date of account owner.: Hello,Set up the Microsoft account for my adult friend on this new PC but entered the birth year as 2015 but should be 1959. How can I change it?Thank you,...
  8. Administrator account changed to device owner. My account is not showed in the list...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account changed to device owner. My account is not showed in the list...: I accidently turned my account administrator to device owner. I think my computer now thinks that i am a account that you can't log in like TrustedInstaller or SYSTEM , because its not in the account list anymore. I checked the Users folder from a non-admin account , and my...
  9. Administrator account changed , need Help?

Administrator account changed , need Help?: I need help to change my administrator back to my account, somehow it was changed to my daughters old account. Need HELP I have tried every password my daughter ever had no luck. She does not have a Microsoft account but I have had one for years. I have the newest version of...
  10. Change the owner account on a computer

Change the owner account on a computer: I have windows 10 and my wife was the first user on the account. Without losing everything on it how do i change the owner from her account to mine? Thank you in advance....