Windows 10: Need to change email, how will this effect my digital licence

Discus and support Need to change email, how will this effect my digital licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I believe my PC and emails have been compromised recently and I want to make a new hotmail and new gmail. But with my Windows 10 Pro to activate it I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by skozzy, Jan 19, 2019.

1. skozzy Win User

Need to change email, how will this effect my digital licence

I believe my PC and emails have been compromised recently and I want to make a new hotmail and new gmail. But with my Windows 10 Pro to activate it I have to use my hotmail user and pass since it is a free upgrade from windows 8.1

Before I wipe my SSD and do a fresh install of windows 10 I would like to know how I can safely transfer my digital license to a new hotmail email. I don't really want to do it on my current install of windows as I believe it to be infected with something that my virus checker can't find.

I have seen some posts during searches saying it can not be done, and other saying you can add more users to your current one and then change one of those as a default somehow.

Anyhow, looking for info if it is possible, how to do it safely, and hopefully be as painless as possible.

If it can not be done I do still have my windows 8.1 pro retail DVD and Key and could go back to that older OS. But I like windows 10 now.

:)

skozzy, Jan 19, 2019

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 19, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User
    Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ????

Digital licences are sort of half way between oem and retail. You can transfer them to a new device (regardless of original licence status) but it is not unlimited. They can only be transferred three time (At last within a short period. I have never tested doing it weeks apart). Also, digital licences cannot be transferred between virtual machines and physical machines.

Full Retail keys do not have the above restriction albeit telephone activation may be needed periodically to transfer the licence (just a security check by MS to avoid wholesale piracy).

It is alleged you cannot transfer between laptops and desktops, but I cannot verify that - I have seen conflicting evidence to suggest that is "hit or miss".

I think of digital licences as "Restricted Retail" as opposed to "Full Retail".

cereberus, Jan 19, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Digital Licences

Yes you can have more than one Digital Licence attached . . .

The Windows 10 Digital Licence is actually attached to the PC/Laptop to which it is applied.

Attaching to your Account means you own that PC/Laptop, you can attach as many PC's to your account as you wish.

Then, say if you were to sell a PC, you can remove it from your Account

DaveM121, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Need to change email, how will this effect my digital licence - Similar Threads - Need change email

2. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  3. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  4. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  6. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  7. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. change of email id which is linked with windows digital licence

change of email id which is linked with windows digital licence: when i bought my laptop i used my college email id and created a microsoft account and linked it with windows. now it is fixed as my windows administrator and i can't able to change it or delete it. i am not able to perform any actions either....
  9. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: How can I transfer my digitally licensed windows to my son's account as it is synced with my account and I am no longer able to use windows I would very much like to transfer my license to his account can I do that ? is there a way? please help me...
  10. digital licence

digital licence: with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence/d3061a81-7cab-4a1e-965c-ee6d2bee87dc"